Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if you wanted wheelies?
if you wanted wheelies out of something, but can't really change the gearing, what can you do with the clutch? stiffer would help right? bigger springs? three shoe? what about lighter/heavier flywheel?
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
Not sure on that, but I think if you add a stiffer spring to the front, and raise the ride height on the back then it might help a little (you want the set-up to transfer all the weight to the rear when you give it throttle so it stands up on the wheels). So play with the set up to see what works, and for the clutch you want it to engage with out spinning the wheels with the most amount of power.
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
well, we're talking a motorcycle here, so there's not a lot of options, I can go with the revo shock/spring combo, but it comes out a mess, you've got to drill the holes out inside and go with way thicker lube to get the dampening right.... I can go with different oil in the front shocks though... I can go with lighter oil in the rear stock shock...

short of buying a mill (that's a brilliant idea) and making my own gears, I don't think there are many options (none)....
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
Pft, wheely, ya should have went brushless with the elec bike! Or soak the rear tire in a softner overnite! lol
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Stiffen the back suspension. That way when it launches the suspension wont absorb as much of it and force the front end up.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Nitrous
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Hey Stratcat:
Long time no talk. In your case--brushless motor? My case--larger .18 Nitro Motor.
My old TT is slowing down and wheelies are few and far between. The key to them is tires. You have to get a nice, sticky set. Fully warmed, with a little counter steering then full throttle usually gets a nice wheelie. Here is the negative--too much of a wheelie. When these bikes go over, there is usually a few broken parts.
Hope to see you out at LeisureHoursRaceway next year. My bike needs a little TLC and probably will be getting a .18 jammed in it. A new set of GRP or PMT tires to complete it.

You can go on YouTube and search out "Does it Wheelie Mister". I think that is what it is called. Next try "RCGroups" and looking under Motorcycles. Those guys are fanatical and they can give you all of the answers, trust me on that. They live 1/5 scale bikes. There are great links to help, also. See you next year!
TT Ducati 999R Nitro MotorcycleSmile
Kyosho Inferno GT "Ferrari"Big Grin
1/16 Kyosho Inferno 09 (half eight):eek:
1/10 Associated SCT (short course truck)Big Grin
2002 Corvette Convertible (silver of course)Rolleyes