Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock E-Revo
Started modding my E-Revo today to try and do a little crawling with itBig Grin Sofar I've reinstalled the stock springs, installed the 120mm bellcranks flipped the rear tie rods (went from toe out-to toe-in at full droopWink ), put 12t pinions on it, stuck a spool out back and 120k diff oil up front (spools are on back order and I could only find one in stock at the timeSad ), and I'm mounting a set of Savage 21/25 tires on RPM StableMaxx Titan rims that have been slightly narrowed and had lead tire weights added to them (14oz per wheel up from and 7oz per rear) as I'm posting here!

And now for the picsCool
[Image: RockE-Revo1.jpg][Image: RockE-Revo2.jpg]
[Image: RockE-Revo4.jpg][Image: RockE-Revo3.jpg]
sweet!
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Very cool Joe! :joy:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Got some pics and vids of it, just need time to get them loaded. Let me give a little advice.......you NEED lockers at both ends if you're going to crawl an E-Revo!
Here's the vid
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxmZ4NPkL8]YouTube - Rock E-Revo vid 1[/video]

And some pics
[Image: HPIM4658.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4659.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4660.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4663.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4662.jpg]
Nice truck! Looks like a great project for you. That should keep you busy for a little while at least if you're trying to make it a real crawler. Definitely a good start!
Thanks, I'm still waiting on the second spool to come in off of backorder, then I'll give it another shot!
Well guys, Rock E-Revo is back, Now with Titan 775 power!

Took the E-Revo out for a little rock bashing after work tonight with the Helios body, Talon Tires, and open diffs. After I got home, I tore into it and put the spool in the front (where I should have a year ago...), Ofna Diff Lock "fluid" in the rear, mounted up a chopped up Proline Ram Megacab body, drilled the rims and reglued the tires to the rims. I'll try to take it our tomorrow and see how it does, then will take it to the Suburban Chicago Rock Crawlers "Tune Up Comp" saturday and see how it does there after the comps over.

And now for the update pics!
[Image: ece74d76.jpg]
[Image: 354155bf.jpg]
Here's the video of the above bashing session!
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWPzKmyxO5E]YouTube - Helios E-Revo with Titan 775 on 14.4 volts open diff crawling[/video]
And now here's the video of the truck in action, it needs better tires for these rocks and a rear spool!

Here's the screen caps from this video and a teezer shot!
[Image: f2b18e38.jpg]
RE-R Returns pictures by bjoehandley - Photobucket
The right front tire fell into a hole and when I tried to throttle out of it myself and Grump on RCCrawler heard a snap from about 5 feet or so away and the right front appeared to have lost all power. We walked over there and when I picked the truck up, I expected to find the outdrive, driveshaft, or stub axle to be broken and was suprised to find that the spool broke instead! Here's a few pictures of the damage and the area that we were comping at, unfortunetly it broke before I got the camera out to tape it.

Here's the spool while still in the truck
[Image: d25dbf47.jpg]
Here's the remains of the spool still in the outdrive...and it's not coming out either. I ended up replacing it with a spare I had laying around.
[Image: 6d08d4f5.jpg]
Here's the diff after getting it out of the truck, I still haven't pull the assembly apart though.
[Image: eda2ac59.jpg]
Now that it's apart, I've found that the other side wasn't in much better shape!
[Image: 558b5df0.jpg]
[Image: 273e4e1f.jpg]
And as promised......here's the field of rocks we used, it's a field of large, nasty, course, jagged, stuff that is held together with some pretty course concrete!
[Image: 7fa09826.jpg]
That place looks familar. Think I've been fishing there before.
It's the main dam at Busse Woods.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rock bash firesprink281 0 2,691 05-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: firesprink281
  Slight update for my E-Revo BJoe 6 4,974 03-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Gene
  Traxxas Mini Revo and Slash in stock at Hobbytown Orland Park HTUSAOPIL 0 1,679 06-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Last Post: HTUSAOPIL
  Hobbytown Naperville Rock Crawling! mikeh 5 2,579 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  LHR with SCRC presents the grand opening of the rock crawl Jetboat 6 2,693 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  Look out E REVO and E Savvy, The Thunder King is BACK! team3six 5 3,124 07-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Finally Traxxas... E-Revo jhautz 31 7,733 06-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Rock Race Ponch! bubbaracing 24 4,725 04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  rock racing Jetboat 2 2,375 03-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Ponch
  Another rock crawler. It's blowin up!! OCM!! slaytanic 2 1,949 01-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Jetboat