Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iphone 2.0 firmware + Apple Remote app = COOLEST toy ever.
Okay, so its this little app that you pair with a mac, like bluetooth. However what it does is allow you to remotely control any paired itunes or apple TV libraries. It essentially turns your iphone into one kick ass wifi touchscreen remote! It controls movies as well! On the phone album art and playlist, along with a searchable playlist is available, no video though.

The only feature that could make this cool app any cooler is the ability to play shared itunes playlists over a network as itunes the application does. This would allow you to play your entire mp3 collection on the phone, even though some collections far exceed what the iphone can store.

If you feel like grabbing the 2.0 firmware early you can by following this link. Otherwise just do the auto update tomorrow when it goes live.

Iphone 2.0: How to Install the iPhone 2.0 Update Right Now
Yea.... Did you see the line for the phone downtown this morning. People camped out like it was the new x-box etc like x-mas time...
No, I passed an AT&T store on the way but didn't look. I suppose I could swing by the local apple store to see how busy it is for a laugh. There's a good hot-dog place up there. Smile

Personally, I'll probably wait for a month or so before i buy a new iphone. I hear the rumor is that the glass isn't epoxied to the digitizer and LCD now so its easy to replace and much cheaper if it gets scratched or cracked.
I went to the apple store in oak brook this morning to pick up the iPhone 3G. 4 hour wait! It sucked ass!! Last year it went so much smoother, I went day one and only waited like 45 minute, with the same amount of people in front of me.

The stupid store didn't dedicate enough employees in there for the hundreds outside waiting to pick up a phone. The line moved slower than molasses Sad. They had more people helping out those who were simply looking at computers and accessories than the 400 people outside with money in hand for a phone. They should be embarrassed.

Although I must say, this new phone kicks arse! The app store is the best feature I have ever seen on any phone, ever!

Watching my gps dot move around the map as I drive is neat too Smile.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New iPhone Coming Soon SLOW REVO 36 5,663 08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Michowski