Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 1/8th Scaler Suggestions
Hi there,

long time RCer, first time 1/8th scaler here. I planned on heading down to Leisure Hours and Thunder RC here in Wisconsin, and I was curious as to what tires you guys/gals are running outdoors. I'm running a Jammin X1-CR FTE and a Picco .27 Outlaw with a Jammin JP-2 pipe. I'm looking at a pretty sweet deal on some brand new Proline M3 Bow Ties, so any thoughts on those would be appreciated. Thanks for your help, and I look forward to seeing some of you at LHR.
Seems like bowties are always a good choice for Wisconsin tracks. You guys have a lot of black dirt tracks, M3 bowties work well most places, Crimes are usually a staple and even proline step ups at some places
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Sell the picco and get something legal (aka .21) would be my suggestion first off...

Second, what mike said is true, bowties are a decent tire pretty much anywhere.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ive been to cheese city, ooc (the track in appleton), nitro farm (closed now i hear), rockpile, Dirt Heaven and a couple others that I cant see to remember right now and those three tires have always been good to me. Here and there a set of holeshots comes in handy even some cut knuckles, but the 3 I mentioned in my first post should do u well just about everywhere

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up grabbing a pair of bowties for pretty cheap. A few more questions. How much do you think I could get for the Picco Outlaw? It's been broken in and that's all. Also, what's a decent/afforadable .21? I've had my eye on the O.S. .21 V-Spec, although it is a bit pricey. Lastly, would the JR Z9100 T or S be a better fit for a buggy I have both, but the Z9100S isn't mounted in anything at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope to get down to Leisure within the next week or so.
Pick up an RB S5 well worth the money

I run an S on throttle, best servo I've had. lightning fast, and accurate. If you want a good engine to start with get an OS .21 VG. reliable and easy to tune. Vspec would be your other ideal if you plan to race heavily
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
Ask chad how ideal vspecs are, especially the 500 speed...Smile

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:Ask chad how ideal vspecs are, especially the 500 speed...Smile

ouch

but i personaly will never buy another vspec i had it a month and hated every second of owning that piece of crap that wouldnt tune.....

my rreasoning for buying it was because they hold a tune so well blah blah blah i could never get a tune so it did a great job of not holding a tuneConfusedmash:
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
You had to have had a bad engine with a leak or something, my OS held the same tune all winter season. All Vspecs I've seen people just fire up same performance day after day. the OS Speed is retarded fast...fastest motor i've ever seen.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
I freakin loved my vspecs. Best motors I've ever owned.
The bearings took a shit on chads speed in 4 gallons, best 500 bucks ever spent Im sure....

OK well maybe the speeds are iffy... But the regular ones were goood to me. Right mike? What was that, 75 bucks for an 8 gallon motor, got 4 gallons blew it and got a new one, put about 8 gallons on it and sold it for $120? lol
endless matt Wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up grabbing a pair of bowties for pretty cheap. A few more questions. How much do you think I could get for the Picco Outlaw? It's been broken in and that's all. Also, what's a decent/afforadable .21? I've had my eye on the O.S. .21 V-Spec, although it is a bit pricey. Lastly, would the JR Z9100 T or S be a better fit for a buggy I have both, but the Z9100S isn't mounted in anything at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope to get down to Leisure within the next week or so.

Hey, Do you want to sell that 9100T?? I wanna slap that pig in my revo!!! That thing is stupid strong!!! I know its overkill but i still want it!!! I have been wanting to scoop one of those up for a while but everywhere i look they all are on backorder till late july. If not its cool..Cool I just cant stand traxxas 2055 or 2070 servos!
Ponch Wrote:OK well maybe the speeds are iffy... But the regular ones were goood to me. Right mike? What was that, 75 bucks for an 8 gallon motor, got 4 gallons blew it and got a new one, put about 8 gallons on it and sold it for $120? lol

hmm i seem to remember you pming me after you blew it up demanding your money back because u said it got less than a gallon on it when it blew. Hmmm sounds like your either full of shit or you tried to fuck me.

atleast my speed was only 350. Big Grin you know hows I roll. Smile dirt+speed=death. lololol

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
here ya go bro...sounds like you need this....

[Image: 480485f9bc374aa9.jpg]

J-Dub Wrote:You had to have had a bad engine with a leak or something, my OS held the same tune all winter season. All Vspecs I've seen people just fire up same performance day after day. the OS Speed is retarded fast...fastest motor i've ever seen.

yup no air leaks on it there was just a bad carb i got the 1 out of 1 million with a bad carb. so im going have to say no os for me im switching to runs bad (RB) when the time comes to buy another engine

now another engine that is of verry good quality are the jammin jpx .21 i have one and its a awesome engine i haven't touched the needles in the past 2 months
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Mike.... You honestly think I remember? Made up the numbers off the top of my head. Just trying to show that Vspecs last a while.
I'd appreciate it if the personal conversations be kept to PM's or separate threads. Also, I'm not looking to sell/trade anything. I'd like to know how much I could get for this Picco Outlaw (broken in and that's all the run time on it)and if the JR Z9100S or T would be a better pick for the steering servo. I'd like to pick up the O.S. .21 V-Spec, but it's currently out of my price range. Unless I can find a good deal on one, I could use some suggestions on some cheaper yet reliable. I appreciate all the help.
Get the JRZ9100T for steering.
the personal conversations are never done in pms on this site

endless matt Wrote:I'd appreciate it if the personal conversations be kept to PM's or separate threads. Also, I'm not looking to sell/trade anything. I'd like to know how much I could get for this Picco Outlaw (broken in and that's all the run time on it)and if the JR Z9100S or T would be a better pick for the steering servo. I'd like to pick up the O.S. .21 V-Spec, but it's currently out of my price range. Unless I can find a good deal on one, I could use some suggestions on some cheaper yet reliable. I appreciate all the help.

people like you are why I quit coming here.....

chickenfarmer3 Wrote:people like you are why I quit coming here.....
You're talking about people looking for help on a few simple questions and not giant pictures of Vaseline? Well, there's not much I can do for you there, as I'm only looking for some answers.

Anyways, I'll go with the JR Z9100T for steering duty. I'm looking at the O.S. .21 VG, so if anyone has some experience to share it'd be much appreciated. Finally, I'd like to get rid of this Picco, but I'm not too sure how much breaking a motor in depreciates the value.
buying a motor and putting any fuel in it depreciates the value