Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bash-A-Palooza - June 14th!
Hi All,

I just wanted to post up a reminder about the big bash event coming up!

All the details can be found here:
» BASH-A-PALOOZA Event!

But feel free to ask any questions here or at BigSquidRC and I'll answer them asap. It looks like we will now be giving away TWO brand new monster trucks!

We also have some bodies, tools, t-shirts and some other stuff to give away.
(Maybe even stickers :p: )

Anyway, I hope to see you guys out there, it should be a good time!
http://www.BigSquidRC.com
For Bashers, By Bashers!
I'll be there...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Cool!

I just got the Duratrax RT-X 27.

I wasn't sure what Savage, but since everyone seems to love/want the XL, I think that will be the other truck to give away.
For Bashers, By Bashers!
Rock on, have fun guys!
If I was going to be in town I'd join you in the festivities but I'll be flying back to Texas on Friday night.

Good luck to everyone involved!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex, sorry to hear you can't make it! I haven't seen ya in a while.. would of been fun!

Prize Update:

We are now officially giving away TWO brand new vehicles!

One: HPI Savage!
One: Duratrax RT-X 27!

Plus a bunch of Parma Bodies, T-Shirts, tools and more! Looks like about $1000 worth of stuff!

Hope to see you all out there!

Brian
For Bashers, By Bashers!
ill be there!!
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Is the $12 fee for 1:1 Parking admission or $12 an R/C truck?
"If it aint broke Ben hasn't touched it" - Firesprink281
per rc.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Yea.. 1:1

The idea is that everyone will run 1 RC for the events.. if you have 3 trucks.. how are you gonna run all 3 in soccer? or in the obstacle course... other bashes had trouble with this.

I'll talk to Bernie and Scott over at LH and see if we can all just bash once the Major events are over, with whatever vehicles ya got. Maybe bring a second vehicle for the long jump?

It all depends on how many people show up.. but the plan is.. while Soccer is going on, who ever isn't currently in the match.. can relax and watch the game.. or get their vehicle ready for their match.

Thanks for the question, hope to see ya there.

PS: I hold in my hands 3 Brand New RTR Wheely Kings! hmm.. what to do with them... Wink
For Bashers, By Bashers!
Brian-Must we enter a vehicle to be included with the raffles? Or are you selling tickets as well? I would like in, but have nothing to run, and I'm sure others are in this situation as well.
Hmm.. good question.
sorry you don't have anything to run.. no monster truck or truggy?

We were probably going to sell extra tickets separately, but didn't think about selling to people who don't compete. i'll have to think about that one for a bit and get back to ya.
For Bashers, By Bashers!
truggys are of to run? in all events?
I figure it's the only way we could get a decent turnout and not allow true buggies. If we get enough of both, we will break them up into trucks and truggies for the obstacle course and jump. I hope we get enough to do that. I still don't have any idea of how many people are going to attend. If we get 30 trucks, and 2 truggies, we'll group them in. If we get 15 truggies and 15 trucks, we'll keep em in their own groups.

Ponch: Would you be willing to buy the first ticket for the raffle at $12? I just don't want it to be unfair for people that pay the $12 to enter. I'm open for suggestions.
For Bashers, By Bashers!
Possibly....idk it's up to you.
Paying the "entry fee" of $12 seems fair for an entry in the raffle.
Jeep_Guy (a.k.a Xirtic)
*CEN Matrix Buggy (Brushless)
*Duratrax Warhead EVO (Brushless)
*Axial AX10 Crawler (Brushless)
*RC18T (Brushless)
Yea, that's what I believe we will do.

If you don't want to come run, but just enjoy the events, and want a chance in the raffle, you get to pay the entrance fee. Seems fair.

We got some firesprink and I got some obstacles built, and it should be a good time. The long jump ramp is also ready to go.. we are going to be using the gravel road next to LH for the run up, so we are talking TOP SPEED for this! I think we'll get some decent air.. lol

Soccer field was mowed, and ready to go.

Hope to see ya there tomorrow!
For Bashers, By Bashers!
Somebody better have a good video camera for this thing. I wish I could get out even to watch.

Somebody put $12 in for Tex.....you know he'd win something!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Well anyone back from the bash yet? Who won what and y'all better get some video up since I had to work! Confusedmash:Confusedmash:Confusedmash:Confusedmash:Confusedmash:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
everyone got something from the raffle. i won a sunburn:beer: it was a lot of fun. i took 2nd in the long jump. but i think i could have gotten it if there was a 3rd round.
What did ya run? Truggy or LST? Who won the long jump?
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
8ight. a kid named Adam won.
How many guys came out for it?
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
there were 19 drivers. and friends and family
not bad for year #1...next year's will be bigger
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
I'd like to thank everyone who made it out to the event. I would of liked to see a few more people show up, we had some great prizes, and some awesome competition. If you didn't come out to the event.. feel free to msg me and let me know why not. Was it LH? Was it the fee? Was it the long drive? We want to make it bigger and better for the next one, and if I don't know what was good or bad.. I can't fix it.

I have just posted up a write-up on the whole event with pictures and videos. CLICK HERE TO READ

Thanks again for all your support!
Brian
For Bashers, By Bashers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  berwyn or other bash spots grim digger 26 16,513 07-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  Anyone up for a bash? XLSavyy 16 8,951 08-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Last Post: chicagojosh
  rock bash firesprink281 0 2,717 05-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: firesprink281
  parking lot bash firesprink281 0 2,744 05-16-2010, 08:48 PM
  champagne bash firesprink281 0 2,800 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM
  September bbq/bash? firesprink281 28 6,667 09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
  Fall Berwyn Bash/BBQ/Picnic!!! Mr. Tune 20 5,191 09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Last Post: gmkiller
  BASH-A-PALOOZA 2009 - August 16th! Brian_BigSquidRC 10 5,276 08-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Brian_BigSquidRC
  Spring Bash!!! firesprink281 160 27,174 06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  found under armor shades at bash dkastil 0 1,552 09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dkastil