Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey! New guy here Check this out!
Hello folks!
My name is Brad, And my brother and I are looking to open up a indoor dirt track. The track is going to be located in Lake In The Hills Illinois zip 60156, We already have the building, We have tons of pit space. A 35foot driver stand. As of right now the track is 50x55 with a nice clay/dirt mix. We will use the Ilap timing system and transponders will be available for anyone to use. There will be 3 practice nights during the week and races Saturday and Sunday. And maybe Friday night. Again we are still working on this and hope to have it all up and running with in a month or so. We will run intro races. Big Grin

Any questions please post them up here!!!:confused:
also Any locals to the area please post here.
I would be more than willing to help you out in anyway I can, get the word out, etc, I live in Cary, right down the road form LITH, where is this building located at? Please if you need anything let me know,we so badly need somethign in our area, I hate driving so far to drive a decent track, there are many of us up here, maybe talk to the guys at HobbytownUSA in crystal lake, they can put some flyers up, if you like me to help circulate flyers I have many friends that can help and need a good weekend RC track close to home. Thanks and please write back.
:popcorn: I'd rather be Single on the weekends.
Hey! Awesome to see ya here! I have already spoke with the guys up at hobbytown. And they are pretty pumped also . I really hope this can work out for good. Just need to keep it cheap. The track is in a warehouse off Pyott road. What kind of cars will you be racing?
Off of Pyott?, are you talking by the Grand Slam USA if so that is literally down the road, is there any chance on seeing this before it opens, I have Cen Matrix Truggy, a RC8 and a GT2 I race among others. Yeah Sean up at Hobbytown is a great guy, I am sure we can have a good crowd out there.
Its off Pyott road. Grandslam is off Trinity over by rt31. Im about 3 min away from there. Yes you are more than welcome to come. Nothing to see yet. Dirt will be there in two weeks. then its track building time. RIght now were planing everthing. And building will start with in the week of all the track walls. I hope to be racing in 4-6 weeks.
You are right, Pyott is the road that goes from Around the Clock to Lith, where about is it, is it by rakow? I am trying to get a picture, here, That would be great I have to do as much racing I can this year, it will lsow donw considerable for myself atleast, I live behid Sage in Cary so I am trying to picture where at, have you decided on a name yet? I an going to tell all my friends tomorrow.
This is good news a track with in 30 min from home could it be true? I work until 2:30 in the afternoon so if there is anything that needs help with shoot me a pm and I'll try to make it out there and help out. There used to be a track out there called Hobby Town Raceway. They used to be in McHenry right off of 120 and they moved out that way a long time ago. Hope things work out better for you guys, I know I'll spend my money well there LOL
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
Yeah, I have no issue wasting the money, I do have an issue when I have to waste most of it on gas to get to the places which is why i and I am sure so many others will be so excited to see this place open up and do well.
how far is this from the old H&H im in elgin and will this be off road electric or nitro or both? im more then willing to come down and help
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Hey guys. The track will run both nitro and electric. Its 1 mile north of algonquin rd and 1 mile south of rakow. Right by barbra key park. And we will be needing help getting all the dirt in place! Thanks for the offers!!!
Let me know when you need help, awesome and thanks.
One more thing. If you guys get time. Would love to see some track layout ideas. If ya draw something up send it over to [email protected]

Looking for some new ideas for layouts.

Thanks
I too am in the Cary area, just blocks from wizard.I'll do what I can to help in anyway with building, set up and such. I have a few others too who can help us out. What's the address for the building?
Reall, wow, funny how once something starts, you get to know more about your area and who is there, where do you race or bach at Astro, very limited on our area without distubing someone.
the place is 14 prosper ct. A large warehouse. Glad to find the locals.. keep em going
what are the dimensions for the track
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
right around 50x55
...pretty small...
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
50x55.....I was at thunder this weekend and I think its about 2times that, and it felt a little small for 1/8 scale.
I don't know about you guys but I didn't enjoy thunder at all this weekend. I know I may have placed 5th in the A, but I think they need a little help to run the 1/8 cars. Its not that bad of a track, just one I wouldn't travel to again.....
R/C Hobbies, Naperville IL <<<< Check them out!!
small.... who cares, the guy is trying to help out everyone. I'm nowhere even close to you but good luck!
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Well said.
hey. Yeah I know its small. But to get any bigger. Rent would be over 6k a month. And then I wouldnt be open very long. Right now we are trying to get the open lot next door. We will put a 120-80 dirt track. and a 120-80 on road track if everything goes to plan. But that is outdoor. And the other will be indoor. Just wait the track will make up small size with a hard track.
plus we can run more laps that way. I dont think it will be to bad.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check out this deal! slaytanic 2 1,257 04-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Gforce
  CT-5 Sleeper Check it out!! slaytanic 16 2,744 04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blktransam
  Check out this clutch breakage on my 3.3! Mr. Tune 11 1,761 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Last Post: rocco79
  Price Check redzebra24 17 2,503 05-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Last Post: PoPRC
  Can You Check Voltage of a Rx Pack? UE-Maxx 20 3,278 02-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Last Post: UE-Maxx
  hahaha check what I scored off ebay.... Ponch 7 1,518 11-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Hey, Check out what I won PoPRC 9 2,068 11-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  All you Savage fans CHeck this out! Smokey 8 3,569 12-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bigdangerous
  check this out lady nitro 2 1,555 10-23-2004, 10:43 AM