Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPI Firestorm...
any of you guys know/ heard much about them? I'm looking at picking up a truggie to basically just run and gun with and have some fun. Right now I'm leaning towards the firestorm but also been looking at the gt2 or the rustler.
Drive it like ya stole it
Gravis Wrote:any of you guys know/ heard much about them? I'm looking at picking up a truggie to basically just run and gun with and have some fun. Right now I'm leaning towards the firestorm but also been looking at the gt2 or the rustler.

all of those mentioned are not truggies. They are gas/stadium trucks. 2wd Truggies are 1/8th scale monster trucks with a buggy type setup. big diffrence. But if your looking for a gt I'd probably say go with the gt2 or the rustler. Not too familier with the firestorm. The gt2 is a race truck and the rustler is a true basher that hardley break unless you like to hit things. Parts support on traxxas items is huge and also cheap
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
and if you are going to look at a stadium truck without the intentions of ever racing it, then look at HPI's MT2 (whatever variant is out) the thing is insane!!! and I don't think I've ever broke anything other than a shock end....

oops, time for another bash, I definitely haven't broke this one enough..
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
stratcat Wrote:and if you are going to look at a stadium truck without the intentions of ever racing it, then look at HPI's MT2 (whatever variant is out) the thing is insane!!! and I don't think I've ever broke anything other than a shock end....

oops, time for another bash, I definitely haven't broke this one enough..

I also give that truck a vote for coolness to bash. That is one vehicle I have never owned though out of the like 30 lol
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Your best bet would be an RC10GT not GT2, the blue chassis GT is a way better truck in my opinion for bashing, and what not along with racing. Parts are everywhere and ya can pick up one for cheap, ya could get 2 for the price of one GT2! I've got 2 of the GT's with a ton of extra parts! These are the 2 rc's of mine i've never sold! Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
... First off thanks for the correction on the truck/truggie thing i basically knew they were ST's but since i do most of this on my cell it was much easier to type "truggie" than "stadium truck". As far as racing or bashing? I guess for now I'll be bashing until I get used to running my machine. Eventually... Yeah I'd like to come out and run but at the moment I best just stay outta your way. Smile
well..... I bought the firestorm yesterday. I'm kinda confused tho, I burnt up two glow plugs during the Break-in and I followed the break-in "rules" too. This is my first new nitro vehicle so is this normal? I did my three tanks at factory settings and after the first tank at idle the factory plug was toast. Then I put in new plug and ran tanks two and three at 1/2-3/4 throttle like book says and that toasted second plug. So... wtf ? Normal or not?
Tell us what the engine sounded like and what it was doing. Could help you more then.
engine sounded fine and was a little sluggish on throttle response. Had my blue smoke. Only thing different was hpi recommends 20-25% and I was breaking in with like 10 or 15 but I talked to chip from als and he said the fuel was fine to use i just wouldn't get prefomance.
Get 20 or 30%. Then make sure your needles are at factory settings (reset them with a flat head screwdriver according to manual) then try again.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
would the fuel cause me to burn up plugs tho?
Run 20% in it and it'll be good, that's all I run in my GT's which I had one out today and runs like a top! The toasted glow plugs will happen, I just broke in my buddies VTX truggy and it burned 2 plugs up also, but they said in the manual it would cause of break in! I think you'll like the Firestorm, I had a HPI Rush and it took one hell of a beatin! Have fun with it! Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Gravis Wrote:would the fuel cause me to burn up plugs tho?

if you broke it in properly, you ran it pretty rich, this will shorten (significantly) the life of your glow plug. Don't sweat it yet, if it keeps doing it, then you need to look further.
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent