Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing in Carol Stream
Was looking around on another board and found this..... R/C Raceland I dont see that anyone else posted it although there are some members from this board who posted on this topic. I hope that it comes out to be something good. I have nothing that is any closer than 70 minutes from me. Heres the post... R/C Raceland (new track in Carol Stream) - R/C Tech Forums
I've been wanting to go over, but just haven't had the time.
Elec. indoor on-road racing in the summer? Dont think that will draw many people. I could be wrong.
RC HOBBIES
1550 n. rt.59 suite 170
Naperville,Il.60563
If it was air conditioned... Big Grin
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
And insanely hot out!
It is actually my buddy doing that, should be interesting. If things go well they'll expand to do offroad outdoor and have an area setup for elec. helis inside (not that it is insanely relevant to the folks here).
Revo - 2.5R conv to 3.3 spec (sans motor), picco 26 max that shreds spurs, RC10B4 Factory Team - Mamba Max 5700, Team Orion lipo. Breaking A-arms everyday!
RC10 Championship Edition - retired, bought in '90 with paper route money (I'm old school!)
IMO...I think they should just go for the offroad outdoor right away, that will bring the most people out there the fastest.
MBX5TMAD Wrote:IMO...I think they should just go for the offroad outdoor right away, that will bring the most people out there the fastest.

their whole thing is they are leasing the space. You have to walk before you can run, let them see what they can do inside before they start tearing up picnic area outside!

With electric making a resurgence I see that european style indoor offroad track being VERY successful.

I do think it is the wrong time of year to be starting an indoor track since people are actually getting antsy to run outside, but it should be a blast regardless.
Revo - 2.5R conv to 3.3 spec (sans motor), picco 26 max that shreds spurs, RC10B4 Factory Team - Mamba Max 5700, Team Orion lipo. Breaking A-arms everyday!
RC10 Championship Edition - retired, bought in '90 with paper route money (I'm old school!)
Hey at least they are trying it. To me there is not much that is close to me to run at. With gas getting so expensive the closer you go the better. No you have to look at it like this....if all goes well now and there is interest....then come winter something has allready been established. Back in the day there were plenty of tracks in the area of Mchenry county where I am but now there really is nothing indoors. I have to hand it to these guys for taking this task on and trying it out.
ricrush Wrote:I dont see that anyone else posted it although there are some members from this board who posted on this topic. [/url][/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

There's not much to say until the doors are open and rc people show up to check it out.
chicagokenji Wrote:There's not much to say until the doors are open and rc people show up to check it out.
You are right about that. There is no need to bash it or belittle it until after you see whats going on. By the way are you headed out?
Yes, I think Coop, Kole and myself will check it out with our Trans Am cars and a T-4, next Saturday. It will be interesting to see what kind of traction the place has. I'll take various different tires for the truck just in case.
Anyone check this out? Are they racing?
the thread on rctech died and from what i know they are not racing
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Ah, that sucks. I used to live in CS, right down the road.

I checked out their website, and they have times up, but couldnt find any current info
Well like all the other places that keep saying they are opening a track on the forums, it just does not seem to happen. I know that this track had a race day but never heard anything ever again. It seem like all these tracks are gearing up for the begginers and the kids, WHICH IS GREAT!!! but that will not pay the bills and keep the doors open. I wish they would research more and realize its the hardcore racers that will keep coming and spend the money every week!
A friend of mine went over there to see how it was. He said he would never go back. Aparently he was watching the electrics and they told him to pay to watch. Eather give em $10 bucks or get out.
Gary Wright
President
http://www.midwestnitro.com
"Keeping Racing Simple"
GWPHOENIX Wrote:A friend of mine went over there to see how it was. He said he would never go back. Aparently he was watching the electrics and they told him to pay to watch. Eather give em $10 bucks or get out.

THATS BULLSHIT! they really did that? I really wanted this track to make it. I am from Carol Stream and have been praying for years to have a track close by. But this is just not what I was thinking.
I stopped by there a few saturdays ago, and there was no one there. I remember Glen Ayre being somewhat nice back in the day, but now its a run down dump. Its to bad, with the price of gas, to race somewhere close would have been fun.
Chill out dudes. Glen Ayre still has plans to open back up in the fall. They have two large indoor carpet tracks just sitting there. I am trying to talk one of the owners into gettig the dirt for the outdoor track. He said it is in the plans but he did not have a start date.

As for charging to watch a race, I never heard of that. You pay to play as far as I know.

Glen Ayre also rents out the picnic grounds and large biultin pool for partys. The manager there is a really nice guy and I plan on having my daughter's birthday party there. I also store my atv trailor and one of my atv's there.

I own alot of rc's including mugen mbx5b and 5t, associated T4,Revo, mini CRT.5, mini & micro t's, and hpi nitro RS4. I recently moved nextdoor to Glen Ayre and plan on helping out with getting things going there so my toys dont have to sit on the dang shelf all the time.

Once things get going RC Hobbies in Naperville is going to give discounts to anyone that goes there. Nice.
RC HOBBIES
1550 n. rt.59 suite 170
Naperville,Il.60563
Do you have any updates on this?
Maybe Rob knows something I don't but from what I've heard the place will not be racing rc cars.
I will call about racing there tomorrow to see when the fall racing will start up.
RC HOBBIES
1550 n. rt.59 suite 170
Naperville,Il.60563
[quote=Rob Kass]

I recently moved nextdoor to Glen Ayre and plan on helping out with getting things going there so my toys dont have to sit on the dang shelf all the time.

QUOTE]

hey Rob, stop by the dealer down the street (auto showcase) come in the service side and say whats up. I also live down the street and wouldnt mind pitching in a hand if needed.
I let my rc's sit for a few monthes. Be nice to run down the street but the only lectrics are a losi1/18 and an ax10. Theres no problem running those around the house so we NEED to get that nitro track running if possible...Confusedalute:

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Does this place race nitro now?
I’ve got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Scale RC's Power Jam Large Scale Racing June 14-17th 2012 Monon, Indiana LOST IN MN 2 5,472 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: LOST IN MN
  Winfield, Il - Rc Racing MD6 125 48,695 05-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: MD6
  Rc Monster truck racing April 2nd Jetboat 4 4,646 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Carpet Oval racing Chicago area? Tmangold 1 3,538 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  PowerJam 1/5 Scale Racing Event - Monon Indiana - Are you registered yet ?? looker2756 1 4,532 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: looker2756
  Practice your R/C Racing ATA_Thrash 29 15,959 02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r
  Dirt Oval Racing in Joliet! chicagokenji 25 12,299 09-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  Winfield racing pics Gene 5 3,563 09-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Gene
  Mini racing? Tristar Racing 2 3,074 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Tristar Racing
  Chicago Racing Blog chicagokenji 0 2,392 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji