Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new secret Baja project...
A friend and I are having a build off of desert vehicles. I'm building a trophy truck, he's building a Class 1 buggy from brake line. The idea is to have something to just blast around the yard with that is scale. Maybe take it off a few sweet jumps.

So far here is the specs...
Axial rear end
Axial trans
Topcad f-350 wheels
Rc4wd rock stomper 1.9's
New Era body
Traxxas Stampede components
Savage shocks for the back
Long Traxxas shocks for the front
3C Lipo
Mamba max
5900k motor

Basic layout of custom made chassis parts.
[Image: DSC05860.jpg]

Still need to mount a crap load to that plate, it's a start.
[Image: DSC05862.jpg]

Mocked with body
[Image: DSC05867.jpg]

[Image: DSC05869.jpg]

Let me know what you think. Haven't posted this anywhere else, keeping it underwraps for a while. You guys are the first to see it.
dude that looks awesome! I wanna see more.
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Nice....... I want to see how the rear suspension works out.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ben that looks sweeet! I've always wanted to build a SCORE truck like the Thunder Tech one. Now that you are building one, I might need to build one to so we could have a Baja race then! hehe Keep us up to date on this new project :joy:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
bubbaracing Wrote:Ben that looks sweeet! I've always wanted to build a SCORE truck like the Thunder Tech one. Now that you are building one, I might need to build one to so we could have a Baja race then! hehe Keep us up to date on this new project :joy:

ummm..... inform me my hillbilly friend lol cause this thing looks schweet!
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
The only thing that I could see that might cause you some trouble will be to do a rear center shaft. That thing is going to have to long from the looks of it.
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
AddictedtoNITRO Wrote:ummm..... inform me my hillbilly friend lol cause this thing looks schweet!

Thunder Tech Racing Desert Racer

Their truck is ok, but really lacking. To small, body is totally ugly, not much suspension.
Did a little work on the front end.
[Image: DSC05873.jpg]

Went a little overboard with the milling, I feel I should have left more strength. Oh, well making a new one is just matter of tracing the old one.

[Image: DSC05875.jpg]

Need to bolt a big skid between the alum sections.
[Image: DSC05876.jpg]
Sweet! lookin good Ben! :joy:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Looks great!
But I'm a bit concerned about the battery placement (joke).
You're never to old to be immature
Did some work...
Front end is nearly done just had to order a few pieces like rod ends from RCslot.com. 2 3/4 of front suspension travel.Big Grin
[Image: DSC05898.jpg]

My friend came over and we worked on machining the bulkhead and mounting up the front. We are doing trailing arms for the rear no kit suspension arms. Aiming for 5 inches in the back 3 in the front of suspension travel.
[Image: DSC05889.jpg]
That thing is sweet looking. But where is jim during this build? Getting lazy on ya?
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
Very cool, can't wait to see the body on it with the cage! :joy: No more solid axle in the rear?
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing Wrote:Very cool, can't wait to see the body on it with the cage! :joy: No more solid axle in the rear?

Building up two rigs..

My friend is building up the buggy. Should look something like this in the end.

I'm working on the truck.

Just our usual challenge buildups, we usually both buildup similar rigs at the sametime. Makes it fun in the end, gives us challenge to out do each other. Over the winter we built up snow drag hill climber machines. Basicly rock racers with paddles throwing snow like a snow blower from hell.

I could see how you could think it was one truck though. That cage fit the body like a glove until he extended the nose out.

Dang is just me or did I like totally time my build wrong. Traxxas Slash, Losi trophy truck, looks like they just stoled all my thunder. I was hoping to reveal this truck on the big websites to get a big reaction and help promote Cedric's new hobby video website. It sucks but happens everytime I try to buildup something never made before. Now that they are released it makes me look like I'm not a innovator and just a duplicator.Rolleyes

At least mine will have the realistic massive suspension travel, and solid rear axle.Big Grin
Ah I see! Your builds will blow them big name trucks away! Like ya said, yours will be more realistic for sure. :joy: I wish I had more time and a place to build more trucks like you do. Maybe this summer i'll find some time to build something different, like a corr truck but my way! Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
DrivableBig Grin

[Image: DSC06401.jpg]

[Image: DSC06400.jpg]
At droop
[Image: DSC06419.jpg]

[Image: DSC06404.jpg]
At droop
[Image: DSC06415.jpg]

[Image: DSC06408.jpg]

Chassis
[Image: DSC06423.jpg]

[Image: DSC06422.jpg]

[Image: DSC06426.jpg]
I'm floored as usual! Now we need some good video of airing it out some now! I need to start buildin mine soon! :joy::joy:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Looks like a straight up CORR truck. nice man, your builds always keep me coming back.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
I guess it's not a secret anymore! Looks good!
Traxxas Slash
Kyosho Inferno GT-Ferrari
Associated T4 and B4-Brushless/LiP
Kyosho Hang-On Motorcycle
"Who stole my turnbuckle wrench?!"
Made a cheesy basement bash video.
Trophy truck Video - HobbyZip Hobby Videos

My friend brought his class 1 buggy to play with. Yes those are trailing arms.
[Image: DSC06461.jpg]

Video
Trophy truck Video - HobbyZip Hobby Videos

Found that the suspension was binding at full droop. So it has about twice the rear travel that was shown above.:lol:
[Image: DSC06464.jpg]
Despite all that flex it's actually really stable.
MNSTR Im not going to lie that truck is pretty kick ass. it even jumps like the real thing. Would be sweet to have a class of those at a little dirt track.

now imagine how bad ass it would be with a motor that went BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP instead of whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! lol Smile
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
lol. yeah that would be interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My little CR-01 Crawler JEEP project team3six 24 5,926 05-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Last Post: team3six
  I bought Jang's Cool Cat project mikeh 2 1,861 04-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Last Post: mikeh
  so where can i run my baja???? Green Hornet 27 4,952 12-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Project Rockcrawler! bubbaracing 109 14,594 07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing