Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Em RC Is going to be a GOOOOO!!!
Hey guys/gals,

I know I have not posted in a while. I have been very very busy trying to get everything figured out. We now have some land for the track!! I am meeting with the land owner and my partner tonight to set a Club meeting date! We will hold our first club meeting hopefully with in the next month. The land is perfect for a track. There are 2 houses in the area that do not have a problem with this. We have access to water and alot of area to build the track! The first meeting we will get opinions and ideas on track design and probably set a date for the build. It should not take that long to get everything going. We are all willing to put in some long hours to get this up and runing. The land is less than 5 min. from belvidere and under 10 min from rockford. Right on Spring Creek rd in Boone County!!! Make sure you all keep your eyes out for the Date! I will keep everyone posted!!

Thanks alot,

Justin
Race Em R/C
We Race Em and Break Em!
I am from iowa and I go to the auto auction in rockford every wednesday how far from the auction is it? will this be a off road track for 1/8 nitro buggys?
It is about 20 mins from there. And yes, the track will be for 1/8th buggies/truggies Monster Trucks, 1/10th scale trucks. Just about everything you see at most tracks!!
WHOOOO HOOOOOO! man i picked a good place to build a house! And I just found out my neighbors are getting into rc also! I pulled up to my house and the kid was drivin a stampede!
Same 'ol Fun!
please keep us posted on when the meeting is going to be. this is good to be a great place ive been waiting on a track in this area for a long time...
long long time.......
Hey if anyone knows of a AMB Decoder box for sale please let me know, I am having problems getting a hold of one
I saw one on RCtech not too long ago. Might have been a whole system.
AMBrc
Yeah, i can not find that one anymore, i heard that that one was sold already. Thanks for the help thought!! anyone else? Everything is going very good, I have finally got the Rule and bylaws book done!! The club logo should be done early next week. We have talked to a couple of resturants for our first club meeting. We are going out to the land tomorrow to get measurements and get an idea of how big the drivers stand will be, and how much wood we will need! We will be setting the meeting date hopefully this weekend. I would really appreciate it if we can get as many people as possible to this meeting!!! The first meeting is going to give all of you a chance to meet me in person, and my fellow Club members. The first meeting we will be going over alot of stuff!!! Lets actually make this happen as a community!! I am going to be putting my heart and soul into this. I would really appreciate it if everyone who is interested at least give it a shot!! Thanks again guys/gals for all the support!!

Justin Zaugg
Any idea on a day/time/place for the meeting? I would like to attend if at all possiable. I live in Cary, so Belvidere is not far for me,a nd closer than other tracks. Keep us posted and LMK ASAP on the meeting info please.
Looks like the track would be about an hour travel time from O'Hare:

spring creek rd. belvidere IL - Google Maps
Astro, I am looking at April 10th right now, do not set this date yet, I will know in the next couple of days. I was kinda thinking during the week, cause it is alot cheaper for a banquet room during the week. What does everyone think about that?? Or would you all prefer the weekend?? Let me know, plus check out RcTech.net i just made a big post there. That should bring you all up to date!!! Thanks

Justin
RaceEmRc Wrote:banquet room

How many people have confirmed that they will attend the meeting?

Sounds like a huge amount if you need a banquet room.
Well i should re-frase that. Its not a banquet room. I am hoping and estimating at least 30 people. It will be at Sam's Pizza on Riverside and Mulford in Rockford. Time and exact date TBA. There will be Pizza and Salad served.
Hey everyone!!!!

First Race Em RC Club Meeting is April 10th at 6:30pm. It is going to be at Holiday Inn in Rockford IL. Holiday Inn is located right of I90 and State St. If anyone needs directions, please post from where you need them from, or you can e-mail me at [email protected] This will be a very fun filled meeting. We are not doing it at Sam's Pizza due to cost. We recieved a very very good deal to rent this room. Hope to see all of you there!!!

Thanks again for everything!!

Justin Zaugg
Race Em RC
hope you have a great meeting I just cant drive 2 hrs. to attend a meeting sorry Sad but I will def. drive 2 hrs to race
Dang my Bro lives like 15 min from that track. Interesting.
RC HOBBIES
1550 n. rt.59 suite 170
Naperville,Il.60563
blktransam,

I live very close to race-em, but I work in Iowa in Cedar Rapids. When I race in Iowa, I usually go to MidAmericaOffroad in North Liberty. Would that be closer to you?

I will miss the meeting due to being at work in Iowa. Yesterday, I learned my project in Iowa was winding down, but then this morning I learned that another project is ramping up. I never know where I might be.

Best,
Bob
I should be able to make it. I may be a few min late (I work in rolling meadows) and as long as my new little one dosent arrive just befor e then ill be there.
Same 'ol Fun!
Check out Rctech.net, I have the flyer posted there!!
You mentioned earlier you were looking for an AMB system.

Just so you know, an Indianapolis track recently closed their doors unexpectedly.

I'm assuming they have an AMB system.

I don't know anything about them but you might give them a call and see if their timing system might be up for sale:

Planet RC Raceway | Remote Control Racing and Hobby Shop in Lawrence, IN (Indianapolis)
Just wanted to remind everyone, the meeting is going to be Thursday April 10th, at 6:30pm at the Holiday Inn of Rockford, located on State Street and I90. We have 5 days untill the meeting! Hope to meet everyone there! Can't wait, we have a very fun meeting planed for everyone!!!!!

See you all soon!

Justin Zaugg
Race Em R/C
Just 2 days left untill the meeting!! Hope to see everyone there! 6:30pm at the Holiday INN of Rockford! See you there!

Justin
Race Em R/C
Completely new to this site and would like to attend your meeting, but will have trouble doing so due to work. I really would like to start to race, but it seems every place I look is either 2 hours away or closed. My profession is electrical enginner, but drive nitro (go figure). I can try to help with electrical stuff if needed.

Are you hoping to turn a profit with this Race Em RC venture?

If things are up and going in time could you try to host a race for this group? MidWest NitroCross :: View Forum - 2008 MIDWEST NITROCROSS RACE SERIES
Mighty, I am not looking for any profit what so ever! As far as not making it to the meeting, just show up late, we have a bunch of stuff we are sending home with everyone who shows up. We would really like for you to show up and introduce your self, as far as help, we will need lots of help when it comes to build time. and yes we are looking to host a Midwest Nitro Cross if they will come. We are going to build it so they will want to come race at our track. If you would like, give me a call thursday night and let me know what time you are thinking you will show up, we will stick around for you. 815-509-8391.

Thanks for the support.

Justin Zaugg
Race Em R/C

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SLASH Endurance Race Saturday June 20 2009 - St. Charles IL chicagokenji 0 2,416 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Race for Free with Your Truck - Chicago chicagokenji 5 2,929 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
  Dirtdawgs Rc Money Race oct. 19 cheesecake 24 5,700 10-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Race Em R/C RaceEmRc 15 4,908 06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RaceEmRc
  Kick Off Race for MWNX GWPHOENIX 5 2,318 05-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Last Post: mfanke19
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,539 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  First Race @ LHR Bfly 1 1,475 02-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Race Em RC Club!! RaceEmRc 54 10,744 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM
  getting a truck to race karlracing 62 8,853 12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  do you race 1/8 nitro truggies indoors in the winter karlracing 8 2,659 12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Eddie F