Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some cool offroading
Just browsing youtube and came across this video at a offroad park ive visited. Guys just need some lockers and they would tear it up. For now its just fun to laugh at em getting stuck.
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
and then it's off to the local quarter operated car wash for a little clean-up!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
why in the world would you wanna clean your truck? Thats a badge of honor Big Grin.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-fU6pbGx2s]YouTube - Ranger Wins Mud Race www.MadDogPolaris.com[/video]
That does look fun. Ive been tossing around the idea off taking my 95GMC K1500 off road. Any ideas to get that going without breaking the bank. I was thinking a winch and that should be a good start.Big Grin Would I be able to take a stock truck (on a dry day)Wink back there and still get around? Seem to sit kinda low compared to Dodge and Ford Trucks. Whats the word in the off road community about Gm's full size?
Weird, Ive also been looking at the AX-10 for some crawlen action. Dont know whats come over me.Cool

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Well first off expect body damage every time out on the trails lol. 2nd I would look at a good flexible suspension that will be able to articulate in tight spots and keep the tires on the ground. 3rd would be driveline, gearing, tires. Definatly lockers front and rear to start off. Depending on what size tires you get will determin what gearing you need. For my truck im gonna run 4.56 with 33" tires. That seems to be the best overall quality for on/offroad driving.

Last thing I would do is bumper/winch combo. As long as you go out with a friend and know the limit of your truck before you tackle obsticles you shouldnt need a winch so long as you are out with other people. I wouldnt pass one up tho if the right deal came along either. At least with a winch you can go anywere and tackle anything and know you can always winch yourself out of a jam. Turn on tlc tonight at 1am and they are having an hour long show about offroading and these guys who are just in it for the fun and that type of thing.
Thanks for the info...1am, ya right. Not on a week night.

The body im not too worried about. Its old and starting to fade, peel, rust. Im already in the habbit of never cleaning the thing and have owned it for ever.
I see all the lift kits offered but can you sugest which WORK best and maybe where to buy. Thanks,

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
skyjacker for sure for a lift. Try summitracing.com.
Also if I were you right now id throw some lockers in it front and rear and just go take it out as is and just see how it does. You would be suprised how well a stock vehicle can do with just lockers. For you thats were I would start. Put some lockers in it now and go take it out. Then after that just start upgrading as needed.
if you want minimal body damage dont go to the cliffs, with a Jeep at the cliffs your fine, a fullsize forget it. Go to Badlands in Attica IN. Once I get my 68 3/4t done maybe we should put together a chitownrc 1:1 run. Im not too far from being road ready just need to install power brakes and steering, get the custom flatbed/roll bar done and put on some mud tires (37's are expensive!!!!)
im still aways off for the trails. Il be ready by summer time tho. Maybe even springs. Still need a 8.8 rear end. Regearing for both, master install kits for both, lockers for both. I still gotta fine tune my suspension now and get it just right. And im looking at getting a set of 33's before I hit the trails. That really wont stop me tho.

The cliffs is fine if you have a ranger size truck down to jeep. Only reason I got body damage on mine was because I put my truck in that position when I picked my trail/line. I had that feeling it was gonna happen but thought I would give it a go and see what I can do. Made it through just fine with some small pushed in spots. I already got that mostly fixed. Just waiting for some warm weather before I push out the dents.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok, this is pretty cool! BJoe 1 1,590 10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Last Post: rocco79
  Holy Hell This is COOL! BJoe 11 2,789 07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Last Post: MBX5TMAD
  this is too cool, airplane on I-55 stratcat 3 1,885 07-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Chimer34
  this is cool, dog plays fetch with himself stratcat 2 1,428 04-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New truck from Axial. Looks pretty cool! Thirdgen89GTA 15 6,751 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Penguins are so cool! Casketman 7 1,561 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  cool .5 crt video cemeb4dk 13 2,157 04-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  and you thought bike wheelies were cool... mikecooper 11 2,138 04-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Last Post: squirrel
  Thought This Was Pretty Cool UE-Maxx 4 1,437 03-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Tex
  rc lawnmower???? Cool! Gforce 3 1,280 03-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Hoobajoob