Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCRC indoor comp #2 HobbyTown Orland
Hobbytown Orland Park
feb 23 2008
12pm signup 1pm Drivers meeting
2.2 class only
I'll be thereBig Grin
I will be there....and hopefully not embarass myself quite so badly. Hopefully the first attempt is the worst.
Jeep_Guy (a.k.a Xirtic)
*CEN Matrix Buggy (Brushless)
*Duratrax Warhead EVO (Brushless)
*Axial AX10 Crawler (Brushless)
*RC18T (Brushless)
Be there!
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I was a dummy and forgot to ask off so I gotta workConfusedlap:
my Dig is fixed (full sized sevo) and Im adding a CC BEC so look out....I must make up for that poor excuse for a run I had Saturday....
My dig is fixed too. Before the rear shaft had to spin 1/2 turn to disengage/reengage. Now it only has to turn 1/2 revolution to reengage.
What does a dig really do, just disengage both back wheels so the crawler can turn sharper? When else would you use it?
Ponch Wrote:My dig is fixed too. Before the rear shaft had to spin 1/2 turn to disengage/reengage. Now it only has to turn 1/2 revolution to reengage.

Just a quick question... Isn't 1/2 turn and 1/2 revolution the same thing? Smile
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
thenewguy821 Wrote:Just a quick question... Isn't 1/2 turn and 1/2 revolution the same thing? Smile

See what Subway has done to him! "Foot long or 6 inch sir!!" Big Grin :bustingup
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
WHOOPS! lol I meant to say now it only takes a quarter turn Tongue

And yep. That's subway talking. I was already tired yesterday and they held me over a whole extra shift (I need the hours, but damn, warna brotha first lol) so I was pretty much dead. Plus I had a bk cheeseburger for lunch at 11 and that was it till hrmmmmmmmm 8pm so I was DYING. PONCH NEED FOOD ARRRGGGGHHHH LMAO
Dig disengages and BRAKES the rear wheels. Think of a dog dragging its butt on the carpet.... it actually lets you turn sharper than rear steer (if you can get traction)
In my effort to limit embarasment again, I should have more parts here to improve the rig. (Driving skill is something that I cannot buy)

Novak Goat System
CKRC Aluminum Shocks
RCP Rear Aluminum Lockouts
Masher M3 Tires
MSD Aluminum Beadlocks
CKRC Driveshaft reinforcement rings (Screwed on NOT Glued)

Hopefully these changes will assist with my driving skill....or at least encourage better skills. Using the right equipment for the right job is usually the best course of action.
Jeep_Guy (a.k.a Xirtic)
*CEN Matrix Buggy (Brushless)
*Duratrax Warhead EVO (Brushless)
*Axial AX10 Crawler (Brushless)
*RC18T (Brushless)
Yesssssssssss.... I was kinda iffy earlier but now I got a definate yes Big Grin Good to go!!!
Will we be allowed to get any practice in if we show up early? I know we could run the course at Naper last time if we were there before signup pretty much.
Im not sure if the course will even be open before signup. Its in a seperate building from the actual shop so they usually dont have anyone working there. I plan on being there right at noon to start signups, if you get there before me and its open feel free to practice....
$15 to comp $5 to practice.:confused:

Not going to make this comp you guys have fun.
where did you see that????
I found it over on RCC, Im not very happy about this at all. Brian from Bigsquid is going to talk to the owner and I will talk to him when I get there, I pronmise if this had been something I knew about EVERYONE would have known ahead. Its not like they dont have my and Brians phone #'s. I am realy hoping this is just some part time employee speaking when they shouldnt. As judge/club founder I have to be there but, at this point I will not be driving myself....

Anyone that doesnt make it today because of the fee want to have a practice session @ Naperville Sunday? (where we know its free)
I'm still going today, but tomorrow might be fun at Naper too.
Just got off the Phone with Bigsquid....

The fee has been reduced to $10 and if at least 8 people show up there will be a $25 gift card to the winner.
Rolleyes Great
Just back from the comp... Talking it over with the owner and the guy working there, they were under the understanding that everyone knew there would be a fee. I know when I set up the comp, the owner asked if there was a fee to enter and I told him no. I am thinking he misunderstood and thought since the club didnt charge it was ok for him to.

This being said, everyone does need to understand, the shop is into the course for $600ish and they are trying to recover the expense. I think as crawling grows and as more man made courses appear fee's are inevitable. In the future it will need to be understood that at this location it will cost you to run. I know allot of people were/are upset about the fee (myself included), Im not trying to defend the shop or say people shouldnt have been upset. There was a breakdown in communication, hopefully it wont happen again.

All being said, the comp itself went pretty good. I do think that with the fee's it will be expected that the shop add on to what they have and I believe the owner understands this now.

I will be talking to the owners of the shops for our other comps and making sure that there will not be a fee. I think as a club there are things we can do to ensure that our comps remain free or at least only ask for donations. Helping to build course is of them. Making sure people shop the brick and mortar shops is another.
I have to pay when i have to race .... Whats the problem with a fee??????? Nothing in life is free
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
being rude isnt my intention, but since it's their shop their space etc. I think its fair to run a fee. it is a business. +1 Rocco.

no hard feelings Big Grin only <3
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chicago Indoor Bashing chicagokenji 0 3,061 11-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Traxxas Mini Revo and Slash in stock at Hobbytown Orland Park HTUSAOPIL 0 1,699 06-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Last Post: HTUSAOPIL
  Losi Comp Crawler BJoe 4 5,877 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  MAY 16 2009 SCRC Season opener LHR Joliet IL Jetboat 0 1,625 04-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Indoor Bashing in Chicago - Underground RC Racetrack chicagokenji 2 3,573 02-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  1.9 comp end of Jan start if Feb???? Need input!!!!! Jetboat 5 2,296 12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Hobbytown Naperville Rock Crawling! mikeh 5 2,627 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
  trailer mounted crawler course...attn SCRC and local hobby shops/raceways Jetboat 9 3,059 11-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Last Post: stratcat
  LHR with SCRC presents the grand opening of the rock crawl Jetboat 6 2,746 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  SCRC Summer series Finally Comp Jetboat 0 1,561 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM