Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What car would you rather have given to you?
2007 pontiac absolutely bare bones base(no ABS, cruise, etc) g6 with 16700 hard driven city miles on it or a 2004 yukon xl(FULLY loaded included DVD/NAV/IPOD/XM/leather, etc) with 120000 perfectly kept highway miles?

My dad is looking for a new car and is going to trade in his yukon xl most likely. I think I can convince him to trade my g6 in though and give me his yukon. I really think I want the yukon since I'm going to boulder next year and it'll be nice to have the 4wd, but also I like driving cars alot more then SUVS and whichever car I get will be the only car I get to drive year round, no more car driving, only the big SUV.
My question to you , is what would you rather keep and why?

Pics of the cars in question(the BMW is my moms, haha)
[Image: DSCN0704.jpg]
Smile
Think about gasoline costs, and eventually repairs on the Yukon.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Luckily while I'm in college my parents don't believe in working, they think I should be studying/enjoying college, so I am fortunate enough to not need to worry about gasoline costs nor maintenence.
Smile
I'm a car guy, never liked SUV's. G6.
t to the maxx2 Wrote:Luckily while I'm in college my parents don't believe in working, they think I should be studying/enjoying college, so I am fortunate enough to not need to worry about gasoline costs nor maintenence.

The truck.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Keep the G6 Bro.

I work in a GM Garage, unless you let it run outta oil, or neutral drop your trans they are solid. if its the ECOtec anyway. plus dude, its a car with 16k miles, you're not gonna get a deal like that very often. I hate to say im jealous that you get so much handed to you, but If I were you i'd take a low milage car, every car i've had has had 100k on it from the get go. but granted I put another 100k on it before I get rid of them. Lol.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
g6 man. Even if you don't have to pay for repairs you'll have to be vehicle less while waiting for repairs. Plus it's easier to blend in and drive in a college town
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
The Yukon will haul more kegs and college chicks.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
As basic as the G6 is, I'd be all over that, other than airbags, audio, and engine management, there's not as much electrical stuff to go wrong as the GMC would have.
if the yukon 4x4 take it if not take the black bemer you aint getting any chicks in that g6 at least the yukon you got the room
envy creativty
Yukon!
I think all the reasons Bjoe listed are all reasons to take the suv!!! WTF wants a bare bones car!?!?
Especially if your lil lucky ass doesnt have to worry about payin for shit wit the ride!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
This topic is definatly a sign that I'm getting old lol. I'm thinking about ease of driving maintnence etc etc. Feel free to just put me down now so I don't have to suffer anymore lol:flamer:
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
rocco79 Wrote:Yukon!
I think all the reasons Bjoe listed are all reasons to take the suv!!! WTF wants a bare bones car!?!?

To me the airbags make it severly over optioned, I don't even want the ones in my XJ! Throw on the high end suspension parts, better wheels, and play with the engine (maybe throw on the blower from the Ion Redline and Cobalt SS) and have fun with itBig Grin
Wait wait wait...... AIRBAGS are a severe over option? Wow...
The simpler the betterWink
till your hit by a a drunk head on and your saved by all that pesky technology
Lol...I'd say take the G6. Even if you dont have to pay for gas..or maintenence...I doubt your parents are gonna wanna fill a 40 gallon tank all the time just so can cruise around. Tongue

Im willing to bet your provisions are going to be rationed Big Grin

G6.............but that's just the responsible adult coming out of me....
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
rocco79 Wrote:till your hit by a a drunk head on and your saved by all that pesky technology

One's already tried in Batavia 9 years ago, he didn't fair quite as well as I didWink
So that was your free pass... After what ive seen its to big of a gamble not to have.. (thank you Uncle sam for mandating them)
I'd still do without if given the option.
Lol, never know man. little risky imo.

So's driving. If it's your time to, it's your time to go.
I love when people say... very few mean it.
Believe me Rocco, I'll do my damnedest to make it difficult for anything to happen.