Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicaolands first indoor comp!!!
Mark your Calenders! Hobby Town USA is hosting the first indoor rockcrawling comp in the Chicagoland area.

When: Saturday Jan 12th 2008 1pm-5pm
Where: HobbyTown USA 2827 Aurora Avenue Naperville IL 60540

Signup will be from 1-1:45 a drivers meeting will be at 1:45 followed by the comp. After the comp there will be open bashing on the course.
This comp is for 2.2 rigs (sorry supers) with prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd (I know what they are and they are good) There will also be a scale class for bragging rights (sorry no prizes for the scalers)
I'll be there.Confusedmash:

Scalers and comp rigs.
WOOHOO, I'll be there if all goes well!
Wont be able to make it.. Got to work.. Ill just have to wait for the day they do it on a sunday..

take pictures!!!!
Jetboat Wrote:Mark your Calenders! Hobby Town USA is hosting the first indoor rockcrawling comp in the Chicagoland area.

When: Saturday Jan 12th 2008 1pm-5pm
Where: HobbyTown USA 2827 Aurora Avenue Naperville IL 60540

Signup will be from 1-1:45 a drivers meeting will be at 1:45 followed by the comp. After the comp there will be open bashing on the course.
This comp is for 2.2 rigs (sorry supers) with prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd (I know what they are and they are good) There will also be a scale class for bragging rights (sorry no prizes for the scalers)

See I love this......... Im going for a WEEK ONE WEEK and this happins...lol Well I guess Ill be there (like I really have a choice)
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Wheel
Wreck
Wrench
Repeat [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just call me Zack
It was your boss' idea.... I was there crawling in the morning and all morning people were coming in to watch and ask about buying crawlers. So when I was leaving he asked if I wanted to come in Monday and finish it and I said I couldnt but I could come back after I ate. Main thing I was going to do was fix were someone stepped on it (again!!!!) but since I had to go buy crete anyway and my wife didnt mind helping we went ahead and "finished" it off. Mike said he wasnt worried about the helo pad either, he just wanted it done. So I made the comment "whens the first comp" to which he replied "Saturday". Caught me off guard!!!! I guess me saying that Orland parks HT was holding 1 and offering prizes just might have spurred him on a little Smile. He asked that I run it because he doesnt know anything about rules or judging or anything. Whats nice about it is, it free's everyone else up to drive. He offered up some pretty nice prizes also (Ill post them up mid week) and he is going to put in a "wish list" so everyone can put down what they would like to see the store carry in the way of crawlers and parts (I think he might be getting the bug)
The course is going to be an out and back... 6-8 gates, run everyone thru once then reverse direction and go again (maybe change 1 or 2 gates). Once the truck is on the course only the judge will be allowed to touch it (unless a repair is needed). We will be following the USRCCA 2007 rule book with the exception that there will be 1 free reverse that will be in a certain area of the course (will be discussed in the drivers meeting). Also there will be a 5min run limit and the course will be timed in case of a tie.
for those on the edge of coming:

1st place $30 gift card

2nd $25 gift card

3rd $20 gift card

free to enter and run.
I'll be there, just don't know if I'll have the WK running properly by then.
Jetboat Wrote:for those on the edge of coming:

1st place $30 gift card

Hey.. Hey... that will pay for half the gas money.Big Grin

Jetboat if you need me to help with Scoring, Course setup, Stop watch whatever let me know I'll gladly help anyway I can. Two judges are needed as I'm sure you plan to run also. Judge and assist is the best way, one guy calls it out as it happens and one guy records. I'd recommend you setup the course in front of everyone. That way it weeds out the "Hey you preran the course you cheater."Rolleyes

All I have to say is make the course tight, tough and challenging. Keeps the scores from being race times. One free reverse? It's a good idea but might just add scoring confussion. It's only one point.

Your doing a great job so far, keep up the good work I can't wait to get out there.

I own the worst 2.2 on the planet so none of you have to worry.Smile Came in dead last our last comp season and 53rd in Moab.:p:

Everyone running Axials? or will Cole82 and I be the only real crawlers with TLT's?
I got the go ahead from the parents to come and spectate Smile

I'll try to remember a camera, at least these rc shots I can do at 1-2 mph lol
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Mnster, Thanks for the offer, I could use the help recording the scores. I wasnt planning on driving in the comp, I actually have someone driving my truck for me (trying to get someone new hooked). Although I would be tempted to see how badly I can do in the "Bronco" but, I was hoping to avoid any conflict of interest by me not driving since I was asked to judge. The free reverse is because 1 section of the course wont be possible without it and most of the people competing this will be their first comp.

I think the vast majority of rigs will be axials, I know Ill have my PTI and TLT trucks there, I know of at least 1 more tlt and 1 WK trucks.

I was planning to wait till just before the drivers meeting to setup the course. I promise people will be challenged. Any suggestions of how many people I should expect???? So I know how many score cards to have...
YES! I got the OK from the wife!! WOOHOO I'm so there :joy: I'll have 1 Axial, maybe if Ican build it in time a scaler? What tire size on a scaler? Do they have to have leaf springs? I'm gonna start on a chassis today hopefully?
See y'all there.
Ponch- bring those tires with ya eh buddy?
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
scaler class will just be for fun "bragging rights" pretty much as long as it "appears" scale we will let it run. Basically the wheels and wheel wells need to line up, the body needs to retain 90-95% of its original looks, fenders should be mostly intact (minor trimming allowed). Chassis must extent past the axles and be of a ladder style. Im sure the next event will have more rules for "scale" maybe even a full fledged scale event (hint hint MNSTER I know you are working on some rules), but for now we are winging it.
:joy::joy:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
Jetboat Wrote:Any suggestions of how many people I should expect???? So I know how many score cards to have...

Well 3 people have contacted me saying they are going. That's in addition to the people here.

I figure

Ced RC
Mnster
Cole82
CarCrafter

+

Jetboat
Bjoe
JeepGuy
Bubbaracing

So about 8 drivers, never hurts to have to many sheets though. You'll always could use them later on.

Use these
http://www.usrcca.com/Scoresheet.doc
I was figuring 10 so I printed enough sheets for 20 in each course/ class plus a few extra.
Trying to work something out where I can get the day off. But I highly doubt it. Since I am the manager its very hard to just tell someone your in charge specially on a saturday.. i could hear my phone ringing while I am driving the truck.

BTW. kind of off topic.. do most compititions happen on saturday? just wondering becuase i might as well break the rules since I wont be able to run comps unless they are on sunday
I have seen them on both days. To me (since I dont work weekends) Saturdays make the most sense because of travel and people attending church. That being said, this comp date was picked by the store owner and I think you will see that allot from shops that are hosting since they have laonger hrs on sat that sun usually.
Well i guess that answer my question.. 4 wheel steer here I come!!! or better yet maybe a dig system. ohh hthe choices are endless.

Well just take lots of pictures.. hell get some video! I am sure we can all get together for a sunday crawling somewhere.. dont need to have a comp
Hi,
Will this course accommodate supers at some point? or is it too tight?

Tom T
As of right now "Supers" are out of the question (were outta room) If this really takes off I don't see a problem with expanding it and making it "Super" friendly

AS for the number of people..... ITS GROWING! I sold two axials tonight and I should have four more comming in. I also recived several phone calls about saturday... I would love to see as many people as possible
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Wheel
Wreck
Wrench
Repeat [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just call me Zack
Jetboat Wrote:scaler class will just be for fun "bragging rights" pretty much as long as it "appears" scale we will let it run. Basically the wheels and wheel wells need to line up, the body needs to retain 90-95% of its original looks, fenders should be mostly intact (minor trimming allowed). Chassis must extent past the axles and be of a ladder style. Im sure the next event will have more rules for "scale" maybe even a full fledged scale event (hint hint MNSTER I know you are working on some rules), but for now we are winging it.

Yeah just winging it for now, need to get past the variables. Course difficulty, amount of trucks ect. I'm usually just up for comping with the comp trucks then just holding a bash fest with the scalers.
Jeepguy Wrote:AS for the number of people..... ITS GROWING! I sold two axials tonight and I should have four more comming in. I also recived several phone calls about saturday... I would love to see as many people as possible

I can just envison a hobbytown stuffed to capacity with people outside the store waiting to comp.Big Grin
debate rather I would like to see the store stuffed or not... It would be nice for the owner to see he made the right decision but, I dont want him to be overwelmed..... Ill print more forms Big Grin
Jeepguy Wrote:AS for the number of people..... ITS GROWING! I sold two axials tonight and I should have four more comming in. I also recived several phone calls about saturday... I would love to see as many people as possible

Yup, we can't keep them in stock at St. Charles and from what Lori has been told whenever she tries to order them, HobbyTown's corperate warehouse sells our of them regularly too!

Mnster Wrote:I can just envison a hobbytown stuffed to capacity with people outside the store waiting to comp.Big Grin

For some reason I keep thinking of the really busy race days we've had at the St. Charles.......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chicago Indoor Bashing chicagokenji 0 3,042 11-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Losi Comp Crawler BJoe 4 5,851 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Indoor Bashing in Chicago - Underground RC Racetrack chicagokenji 2 3,538 02-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  1.9 comp end of Jan start if Feb???? Need input!!!!! Jetboat 5 2,246 12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  SCRC Summer series Finally Comp Jetboat 0 1,544 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Scrc Comp #3 (8/9/2008) Jeep_Guy 6 2,596 08-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  SCRC Comp on the 19th! bubbaracing 42 7,761 07-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Jetboat
  SCRC Summer Comp Series Jeep_Guy 3 1,904 06-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  June 7 Champaign area COMP... now with sponsors Jetboat 3 1,990 06-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Jeep_Guy
  SCRC Comp #4 Naperville HT Jetboat 52 9,510 04-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO