Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
indoor crawling this weekend anyone?
I am planning to go up to Naperville HT to take some pics to post online this weekend and Im taking a truck...anyone else interested in coming? Maybe just a couple peoplenothing too big (dont want to overwelm them during Buissness hrs). The course isnt done but it is definatly crawlable and it would be nice to show the guy that runs the store that it wasnt a bad investment. Im thinking Sat maybe 11ish.
Man I wish it was earlier! I gotta work Sat at noon Confusedmash:Confusedmash:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
let me know when/where for sure.. send me an email, I'd like to come and check it out if you are gonna be there in the morning. 11ish?
http://www.BigSquidRC.com
For Bashers, By Bashers!
Friday or sunday maybe? I also work saturday.
Saturday morning 11ish... I have plans for Sunday and work Friday so only time I can get up there is Saturday. The Hobby Town is across from Menards near the mall on rt 59. I just figured since I will be there might as well see who else would like to join me. I was thinking I might check out the other course on 59 while Im up there.
I have to work otherwise i would be happy to come up. My off days are sunday and monday.. cry
Make sure you get lots of pictures.. i honestly hate traffic by fox valley mall and would rather see pictures of it before i make the trip there again Smile
i wont be scale but i'll run
envy creativty
77chevy4x4 Wrote:i wont be scale but i'll run

wont be scale...well then you arent allowed...lol When was the last time you saw a 34 ford truck with 50" tires and 60* of articulation....my stuff is anything but scale.Big Grin its not a comp or anything with rules (although I am going to setup a little 6 gate course)
This is why its a good idea to have 2 crawlers.. one for scale.. and the other for non Smile

Ohh yeah i think expensive Smile
2???? why limit yourself to so few. Crawlers are meant to be had in groups. Im down to 4, I realy need another super.
Well I am just starting so I guess 2 would be perfect.

Right now I am shopping for some tires and stuff.. ohhh the way I can spend money with this thing Smile
for tires go with M2k (Masher 2000's) I have tried and run sereval different ones (Moabs M2k Redrocks all t's) the M2k's work the best all around. On these indoor courses Im going to try the redrocks again.
Can't make it on Saturday, may try on Sunday or next weekend though.
Oh yeah the M2K tires are sweet! Ton's better than those Rock Lizards!Check mine out on the RC4WD beadlocks! Narrowed too! :joy::joy:
[Image: 507476dfe19e6a51.jpg]
Wish I could make up there Sat! Confusedmash:Confusedmash:Confusedmash: Work sucks!
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Jetboat Wrote:2???? why limit yourself to so few. Crawlers are meant to be had in groups. Im down to 4, I realy need another super.

lol, I'm at 7 and I have 2 sets of spare axles just waiting for the next build.Big Grin
Right now in my shop I have 13+ crawlers, some my brothers some my friends.Smile

But, yeah looks like I'll have to make it out to Naperville some other time then. Take pictures, I'm still on edge about the drive. My comp rig really blows anyway. If anything I'd go there to conqour it with the scalers.
I have found that unless your 2.2 most these places can be a bore.. everyone is mainly making areas for 2.2 since either newbies like myself are using the axial or the modified wheelie king.
SBNFred Wrote:Make sure you get lots of pictures.. i honestly hate traffic by fox valley mall and would rather see pictures of it before i make the trip there again Smile

That's why I try to avoid Rte. 59 south of Ferry Rd if at all possible!
Well I think i decided to get the M2K wheels.. .. claws for tires.. now for the foam part Smile see most of my stuff is climbing.. not much for the crawling.. i like to get from point a to point b without hitting reverse Smile

these lizards are not too bad.. hell did well today with mud covered and still climbed.. its just the edge parts it has no traction.. its like i need to take foam out or something to get more BITE
Air soft BB's is the best for the rock lizards! They bite great with them in them! Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
just put a bunch of bb's in there? got a little how too?
Kinda, this is the bubba way! Take the outer beadlock off, pull foam out, set the wheel/tire in a bowl, pull up the bead and fill awaytill all full. And for some more bite take a little of the BB's out. I seen today at Wal-Mart they sell them in a container that has a funnel type spout! Might be a bunch easier that way! Big Grin Gotta use a bowl of some sort so ya won't be chasing BB's all over the place, trust me on that! Confusedmash:

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Make sure you use the same weight of bb's in each (at least left to right, front to back could be different I guess).
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ponch Wrote:Make sure you use the same weight of bb's in each (at least left to right, front to back could be different I guess).

Eh that's too much work. I did the "yeah it feels the same" test! lol Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Excuse Ponch. He's so used to Subway protocol it effects everything he does...Wink

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chicago Indoor Bashing chicagokenji 0 3,061 11-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Indoor Bashing in Chicago - Underground RC Racetrack chicagokenji 2 3,572 02-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Hobbytown Naperville Rock Crawling! mikeh 5 2,624 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Portable Crawling Base BJoe 11 3,498 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  leisure hours crawling ghosty 23 5,427 09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  scrc indoor Comp #3 rc Hobbies Naperville Jetboat 55 9,150 03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  VIDEO - Freddies Hobbies Indoor Course Jeep_Guy 11 2,597 03-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  SCRC indoor comp #2 HobbyTown Orland Jetboat 30 5,563 03-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  Chicaolands first indoor comp!!! Jetboat 102 16,368 01-21-2008, 12:14 PM
  Indoor Rockcrawling Jeepguy 35 5,610 01-10-2008, 10:34 AM