Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wed. night racing
We have nitro racing on Wed. night. Open at 5 racing starts at 7. Two Q's and main. Come check it out.
Hell yea, about time a track races during the week!!!!!
????

Strictly RC has been racing for almost a year now every wednesday night. Same goes for Harbor Hobby's track up in Winthrop Harbor IL. Duneland in Portage IN, races off road on Friday nights and has for a really long time.
We're waiting for the Weds. night series to start after the first of the year.
Thanks to:
Go Tech Engines http://www.racefactorindustries.com
Merlin Glow Plugs http://www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing http://www.vantageracing.com
Torco RC Racing Fuels http://www.torco.com
A wed. night series would be cool.
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Wednesdays sound good to me. I'm interested in 1/10th scale or Monster Truck racing.

Rocco blow the dust off the Savage and lets get some Monster trucks racing.

Supermaxx Predator Lite Race Maxx
Supermaxx Thunder Big-Block Race Truck
GS Storm SUT CE Native Racing Truck
Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
Offroad during the week,Carpet racing is gay, and micros is even worse.

Wed night point series would be good, i normally am off during the week and work weekends.
carpet munching eddie carpet munching lmao
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Dont even like carpet, prefer the floor smooth.
hardwood floors.
Hi im johnny knoxville and welcome to jackass
i would come out with the revo if others would show up with some mt's
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
[quote=Eddie F]Offroad during the week,Carpet racing is gay, and micros is even worse.
QUOTE]

Running on carpet would probably help with your reaction time and throttle control on the dirt.

Cross training might actually be a good idea, if you are serious about racing in the dirt.

Of course you know what they say about opinions.
John, the guy that works at the track im pretty sure races or used to race carpet and hes really good on on 1/8.
carpet is still gay lol

hey if it makes you better...
I'm planning to race in the Monster truck class if there's enough.

Supermaxx Predator Lite Race Maxx
Supermaxx Thunder Big-Block Race Truck
GS Storm SUT CE Native Racing Truck
Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
My rookie son wants to race something over the Break...MT on weds nite might be just the ticket.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Eddie F Wrote:Offroad during the week,Carpet racing is gay, and micros is even worse.

Great so you're a racing snob. Just what this hobby/sport needs, more snobs. It also kind of fits the stereotype of off road racers as being......how do I say it nicely?.......lowrent.

My guess is you suck at racing.

I have a twenty that says my 9 year old can beat you on a road course. Pick 1/10th or a Recoil or an M18. full course or the mini track. I have extra cars all setup for either race track....take me up on it and let's see how you do. We'll be at Underground RC at 11am tomorrow. Races start at 1pm. Lowell to 55th and State is about one hour. Big Grin
Kenji, you must have never seen Eddie race. He can go on or off road and rip it up.....

Your son is pretty fast too..... Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
moliver Wrote:Running on carpet would probably help with your reaction time and throttle control on the dirt.

It will help with reaction time, but it won't do jack for throttle control (carpet is full throttle, slightly let off, and back on full throttle (well with foams anyways)
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
Onroad is so freaking cool and amazing for the first 2 laps, then its the same ole shit over and over and over and over and over WOOOOOOOOOO......

I suck ass, carpet racing does nothing for me, but i know I can still wheel a turdring car.

You want throttle control try a gas truck on a blown out dry track, you wanna be a good driver try 2wd mod.

Nitro onroad is fun, but i prefer the constant changes that offorad has to offer, plus jump timing and finding a faster line through certain parts of the track make off road fun.

BTW I have raced at tinley, nitro Onroad, yea I was in the A main. I suck ass on the road course. As far as bing a snob, negative, I have givin out more parts and helped more people in this hobby than I can count, there has been, many occasions that i would miss a qualifier to help someone, hell I have let some people used my equipent so they can race. SO get some starch on them panties buddy Smile
Wow Kenji. Who p'ed in your cheerio's Smile
IMHO, anyone around chicagoland should be bolstering any and all racing not throwing barbs at one form if you personally enjoy another.

Every track needs more racers around town.

Calling out a specific type of racing and dissing it is counter-productive for every track.

Bern, you know my first love is off road. But....I know and can see the racing culture within 100 miles of me, and anything I can do to create more racers in any type of racing is a good thing.

Creating more racers is the goal, not alienating folks.

I'm not sure if Eddie saw the smily I added to my post.......not sure what class he races in either. But I was calling him out for fun.

So...Eddie....you think carpet and micro is gay.....OK. But Kole came from cutting his teeth on 2WD electric buggy at Leisure and now can hold his own in 1/10th sedan, and if my critique of his racing is correct I think he can come back to Leisure and beat the pants off a ton of regular nitro guys there because of his time on carpet.....

Come on, for FUN, let's gamble. What nitro class at Leisure, do you want him racing against you and me pitting for him in?

Let's get it on! Eddie against the Carpet Kid.

Smile
I'd rather see y'all try dirtoval! Loose dirt, not the hard packed track at Monee, well why not, let's see how your kid could do first time out! Sorry Kenji but Eddie is one of the best guy's i've met in a long time in RC! I've seen him race and he'll surprise ya for someone from Indiana! j/k Eddie! Sorry everybody, just had to rant(ya know it's been a while!)
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Scale RC's Power Jam Large Scale Racing June 14-17th 2012 Monon, Indiana LOST IN MN 2 5,481 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: LOST IN MN
  Winfield, Il - Rc Racing MD6 125 48,854 05-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: MD6
  Rc Monster truck racing April 2nd Jetboat 4 4,656 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jetboat
  Carpet Oval racing Chicago area? Tmangold 1 3,543 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  PowerJam 1/5 Scale Racing Event - Monon Indiana - Are you registered yet ?? looker2756 1 4,540 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: looker2756
  Practice your R/C Racing ATA_Thrash 29 16,021 02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Sh1nn3r
  Dirt Oval Racing in Joliet! chicagokenji 25 12,324 09-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  Winfield racing pics Gene 5 3,576 09-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Gene
  Mini racing? Tristar Racing 2 3,076 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Tristar Racing
  Chicago Racing Blog chicagokenji 0 2,395 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji