Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
springs, oil and sway bar
what is a good spring ratio (help) and what oil? how do sway bars help?(if any?)
for what jumping,turning. on a losi 8. i understand i need to drive the car and see what i like but i need a starting point above stock.Big Grin
What track are you running on, lhr?
well first of all, read the thread that ponch gave you as all your losi related tuning info is there. the losi site also has alot of that. Droop is a big deal on that car 1mm is huge. pretty ridiculous imo lol. Sway bars basically are what keeps the inside wheel of the car down during instances of high body roll. both effect each other simultaneously, tightening a sway bar ie moving the collars further in or going up in size (mm) will take traction away, loosening a sway bar will give u more traction. Now if you tighten the front sway you will have less front traction and simultaneously more rear traction. Same goes for the rear take traction away and it gives the front more traction. More front traction means more steering ultimately however more steering often times will cause traction issues.

I would recommend downloading a copy of the xray setup manual
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:well first of all, read the thread that ponch gave you as all your losi related tuning info is there. the losi site also has alot of that. Droop is a big deal on that car 1mm is huge. pretty ridiculous imo lol. Sway bars basically are what keeps the inside wheel of the car down during instances of high body roll. both effect each other simultaneously, tightening a sway bar ie moving the collars further in or going up in size (mm) will take traction away, loosening a sway bar will give u more traction. Now if you tighten the front sway you will have less front traction and simultaneously more rear traction. Same goes for the rear take traction away and it gives the front more traction. More front traction means more steering ultimately however more steering often times will cause traction issues.

I would recommend downloading a copy of the xray setup manual

Yeah...ALL in there, you shouldn't have any questions at all if you have actually read it.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
sooorrryy, I just went back and reread the thread and of corse you guys have given me the imformation I needed. Soon I will out and running the losi 8 thanks for the great tips. Will be soon asking more ?'s about diffrent things and the CHITOWN R/C is the place to go for good driection!!!!!
consider yourself lucky Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revo Sway Bars, Traxxas Style J-Dub 0 2,983 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  bumper with springs or shocks? Carbo 15 7,414 05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Meatwad