:confused:WHAT DO YOU THINK IS BETTER RTR LOSI8 OR THE RC8. Confusedmash:
Idea
Rc8.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
What Makes The Rc8 Better.
Cuz it's not rtr quality.
Losi 8 Not Rtr Quality? What About The Pro
outdated-rc8 has the jumping and accel of the 8 and the steering of a mugen.
Than How Does The Losi 8 Compare To The Other Buggies On The Market Must Be Rtr. Why The Rc 8 Cant Be The Best.
RC8's RTR version has the most kit parts of any RTR out there, same material quality etc. losi 8 still has a lot of issues, im sure ill get flamed for that one, but just walk around at the track and look at all the broken losi's. Rc8 drives alot better as well. There really are no other RTR's I would consider than these 2. kyosho readysets are GARBAGE, sportwerks are alright buggies but starting to be outdated
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I agree with Mike and Ponch the Losi is an "ok" buggy but needs upgrades, and as far as I'm concerned the RC8 only needs an engine and some better electronics to hang with the best, where as the Losi needs that and much more.
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
hansarvin Wrote:I agree with Mike and Ponch the Losi is an "ok" buggy but needs upgrades, and as far as I'm concerned the RC8 only needs an engine and some better electronics to hang with the best, where as the Losi needs that and much more.

if you never owned a losi 8ight please dont say stupid shit like that. matt your worng about the rc8. pmhours i own the losi 8ight and have driven the rc8. allthough I love the 8ight i will admit they have a few issues that need to be worked out, but its a great buggy. the rc8 handles kinda like a losi and has the steering of a mugen and more. allthough it doesnt have as quick as acceleration. if i were you i would chose between the pro 8ight and rc8. If you are not that smooth definately go with the rc8 because that car can be driven both smooth and out of control. the losi 8ight cant be pushed or it does shitty. and matt you havent driven an rc8 have you?
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
The Losi 8 Is Sounding To Be An Alright Choice For Bashing Around, But Rc8 In The One You Need To Race With. What Do You Mean By Pushed? Over Power On The Motor Or Steering Control In And Out Of The Corners. What Kind Of Upgrades Are Needed? Can They Be Bought To Help Get The Issues Under Control?
Oh God Please Don't Type Like This Anymore.

It's REALLY annoying.... Sorry.

Capitals go at the beginning of the sentence, not all the way thru it Smile
Sorry it really makes upset that the caps on or off. but the real ? is the rtr losi 8 is the a better but then the rtr rc8.
it is not better

All the people i have talked to that have switched form the 8b to rc8 say that the RC8 has better acceleration and has more steering but stable like a mugen

I've never driven either Wink

If I were to go buy one of the two......AE all the way man, only downfall, it has a non legal race engine, but guys are using the rc8rs chassis braces and shock caps on the rc8, so whats that tell you, the rc8rs is dialed man.
The rc8 a better car the handling for races right, but what about the below average rc basher want to be racer. The losi 8 can' t be the bad for the racing sceen.
You cant go wrong with either car, they are pretty much the same quality wise and money wise.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
the losi is going to be harder to race, if you are not experienced driving very much, the way you have to drive it will make you faster but IMO it will be very frustrating; I have a hard time driving them and Ive been racing for 6 yrs

so have you driven the rs8, and how much harder is it to drive then the losi 8? what is the max motor race class for both cars? i have axial .28rr for the losi 8 or the rs8, but will i be able to race with this motor.
the losi 8 is harder to drive, I own an RC8 and its alot harder to drive the losi. Unless you are going to go to sanctioned events it doesnt matter what motor you run, you can club race with anything

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:the losi is going to be harder to race, if you are not experienced driving very much, the way you have to drive it will make you faster but IMO it will be very frustrating; I have a hard time driving them and Ive been racing for 6 yrs

I see your point here Mike, but in the same sense, If someone who hasn't developed a driving style with the "Normal" Buggy design learns to drive on the Losi, it will be easier to learn than someone who has driven the "Typical" design.

That, I think, was where most people had problems with the way the Losi drives. They were too used to the way every other buggy drives. I know there are differences between Kyosho, TTR, Mugen, X-Ray, etc.. but they are all also very similar in their design. The Losi changed from the "Normal" design, which threw off drivers style.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
I am faster with my losi 8ight then I have been with any other buggy in the past that I raced, I drove 2 local RC8's and hated them they seemed to push really hard (could have been both of their set-ups I dont know). I would not change from my losi 8ight for anything except maybe a new version of the losi 8ight....only issues I have ever had are a couple throttle servos due to chassis flex/heat...but that is fixed with a king headz brace. and I broke prb half a dozen tie rod ends thats it. Everyone has there own opinion on whats best but you just have to drive them both to see what you like more.
thenewguy821 Wrote:I see your point here Mike, but in the same sense, If someone who hasn't developed a driving style with the "Normal" Buggy design learns to drive on the Losi, it will be easier to learn than someone who has driven the "Typical" design.

That, I think, was where most people had problems with the way the Losi drives. They were too used to the way every other buggy drives. I know there are differences between Kyosho, TTR, Mugen, X-Ray, etc.. but they are all also very similar in their design. The Losi changed from the "Normal" design, which threw off drivers style.

but if you aren't going to race much, just occasionally, hitting everything on the track isn't very motivating to come back.

kevinF Wrote:allthough I love the 8ight i will admit they have a few issues that need to be worked out, but its a great buggy.

To all those who have raced the Losi 8 - besides the issue involving thottle servo breakage/overheating (use the KHZ or other brace), what other issues are there with the buggy?

Are those "issues that need to be worked out" inherent in the central-motor-placement design or are there aftermarket products available that solve/mitigate these problems?

thx
Losi 8B - O.S. - Futaba - ACE
there are alot of drivetrain issues, diff cups ring and pinions clutch bells, cvds wearing fast as hell. See that kind of stuff at the track every race

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Losi Active Diff? J-Dub 5 2,655 01-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  New buggy, losi 8ight T or mugen mbx5T snoracer 10 3,085 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  losi starter box sucks... blktransam 21 3,239 07-31-2007, 12:42 PM