Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Em RC Club!!
Hello!!

How are you? We would like a few minutes of your time.

We have a few questions to ask about an adventure we would like to create for you, your child/ren, and the community!!

We are in the process of opening a Off-Road R/C facility for Racing and Recreational use! This particular adventure would involve R/C (radio controlled) sport racing. The following is a small list of what we are developing:

- A track in the Boone/Winnebago County area
- Low Club Membership Fee
- Parent participation
- Both Boys and Girls of all ages
- Available R/C vehicles (near future)
- Special event days
- Birthday Parties
- Point Racing Series

The above is just a fraction of what we hope to accomplish.

This is where you come in, if this sounds like something you and/ or your child/ren would be interested in, please respond via e-mail to the address below. It is important that we receive your show of interest in this facility.

Thank you in advance for all your help!!!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Justin at 815-509-8391 or
[email protected]
will this be electric and nitro? what scale? how large? perspective location?
Same 'ol Fun!
Where exactly would this facility be?
[COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]Silent... But Deadly[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Sounds interesting to me considering I live in that region. Keep us posted.

Supermaxx Predator Lite Race Maxx
Supermaxx Thunder Big-Block Race Truck
GS Storm SUT CE Native Racing Truck
Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
It will handle nitro and electric. 10th scale for sure, but possibly 8th scale. We are working on purchasing some land right after the new year. That is why we are trying to get the response from the public so we can get all the lisences that go with this hobby. Please e-mail me at my e-mail address so I can print them out when we take it to the state of Illinois!

Thanks for the continued Intrest!!

Justin
HEy everyone!! THe Parade went GREAT!!! We had 250 flyers printed with the e-mail address on it. I ended up jumping over 3 people with my revo, and at the end of the parade I jumped my cadillac with it. It was a very good time!! The crowd loved it!! I am asking everyone for some help here! We did not get the response we wanted as far as e-mails go. We have to have More e-mails to be able to get the legal process completed!! All I am asking for is anyone who is interested is to just write to the e-mail address stating that they would be interested in a local track! Thats all! If we get this done, there will be alot for everyone to do! There will be a very big track!!! A very nice club to be a part of and tons more!! Please, e-mail us at this email [email protected] if you are interested!! Thanks guys for the continued support!!

Justin Zaugg
where would the location be?
We are not exactly sure yet, we are wating to get the name legalized to buy some land in the club name. It will either be in the Poplar Grove area, or the Riverside/I90 area. We need e-mails to go further with this! Thanks again for the support!!

Justin Zaugg
RaceEmRc Wrote:We need e-mails to go further with this!

Justin...why do you need to receive emails from total strangers? And why would you need email to go any further with your new endeavor as you suggest above?

I was going to ask this on the rctech forum but I thought that rctech is too public and didn't want to stir the pot.......
Oops. I asked on RcTech before checking here.

Assuming the emails are needed, could we have a little idea of the status by knowing how many more emails are needed. Or how many do we have and how many is the goal?

Really, if I want to open a club someday, I did not know some of the details of the politics, so I am just curious how it all goes. Plus I want RaceEm to work out.
Well, its a very long legal process. Its not that we HAVE to have the e-mail. It just gives us that extra push that we will need when we go for the Club name, and to get the zoning done. So that we can say that we have for example, 150 e-mails stating that there is a big intrest in this sport, and this track will be worth it! There are alot of other things that I would love to tell you guys. But according to the Attorney that we have doing this for us, I am not allowed to state much more untill the name becomes legal. I have around 10 emails. Our goal was around 100. Yeah, a long way from our goal, but thats fine if we dont get it. We need all the pro's and con's for the track. We have to state some negatives about the proposed track too. Bobwoodhouse, I really love the support you have shown all this way, you have been there since I started posting! That is what is going to make a club succeed, becuase of people like you!! There is alot of legal stuff to finish before we can even think of track design, or location. Another note to the e-mails, They are not so we can get Rockford to give us land to build a track. This will all be bought and paid for by the Club! We will be traveling alot this winter looking at other tracks! We already have some money invested in this, so trust me, It will be there by next spring!! Just hang in there and tell everyone you guys/gals Know!! Thanks again, and any other questions please feel free to ask here or give me a call after 6pm. 815-509-8391

Justin Zaugg
so wait your going to bash other tracks so you can get yours. it seems like this is going to be more of a business then a club
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Where in the world do you see him ever say that? He stated that he would be traveling to tracks to get layout ideas. Reading does wonders.
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
RaceEmRc Wrote:Well, its a very long legal process. Its not that we HAVE to have the e-mail. It just gives us that extra push that we will need when we go for the Club name, and to get the zoning done. So that we can say that we have for example, 150 e-mails stating that there is a big intrest in this sport, and this track will be worth it! There are alot of other things that I would love to tell you guys. But according to the Attorney that we have doing this for us, I am not allowed to state much more untill the name becomes legal. I have around 10 emails. Our goal was around 100. Yeah, a long way from our goal, but thats fine if we dont get it. We need all the pro's and con's for the track.We have to state some negatives about a local track too. Bobwoodhouse, I really love the support you have shown all this way, you have been there since I started posting! That is what is going to make a club succeed, becuase of people like you!! There is alot of legal stuff to finish before we can even think of track design, or location. Another note to the e-mails, They are not so we can get Rockford to give us land to build a track. This will all be bought and paid for by the Club! We will be traveling alot this winter looking at other tracks! We already have some money invested in this, so trust me, It will be there by next spring!! Just hang in there and tell everyone you guys/gals Know!! Thanks again, and any other questions please feel free to ask here or give me a call after 6pm. 815-509-8391

Justin Zaugg

i know reading does wonders you should read it all before you open your mouth.
to me that means he is going to state negatives (bash) other tracks
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
He is speaking about the negatives of putting a track at his location of choice. Anytime you do a business plan you should weigh the pro's and cons of the venture to see if it is worthwhile. Business 101.
Yeah cheesecake you read that TOTALLY wrong. He's saying problems that may be encountered ex noise etc...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Hang on buddy!!! I am not stating negatives about other tracks!!! Just like slaytanic said. That is what you have to do for business plans!! You have to state the negatives about building a business. One of the negatives is Noise from the nitro’s!! Not saying that the other tracks are bad and all that!! We are trying to be friends with other tracks to put organized races together with other tracks!! Its going to be a club!!! Why don’t you do us all a favor and ask me some questions before you start making false accusations!
ok i read that incorrectly sorry my bad
Build a track, invite everyone once it's ready, and you'll have have racers showing up.
Yes.

Also mention that your club can thrive by even racing in the evening with all these quiet, friendly Electric race cars. Yes, ladies and gentlemen of the zoning board, just like this here electric vehicle, see how quiet it is (oops, sorry they didn't let me bring it into the courthouse). I had to rezone my property to build my current house. It is a real blast to present a case. I had an attorney assisting for that too and she was a real help dealing with the appointed office staff of the zoning dept. That was McHenry County.

I want to support you as much as possible because if it doesn't work out, then I am going to have to do something, which will cost me even more effort. So far, my support is just words; I haven't picked up a shovel. Support can be offered in the beginning, but who wants to stick around for the real and constant work?Idea So you will have those times. Save some of your initial money and enthusiasm for ongoing maintenance, don't spend it all on the initial setup, in my opinion.

I would be real careful if hauling in dirt -- I have seen a track get old construction clay (they thought clay was "the" in thing), but the clay had junk (plumbing fixtures, etc.) and infinite rocks in it. It didn't bother me in my little xxx4, but some of the old customers apparently wouldn't come because they didn't want to scratch up their monster trucks aluminum chassis plate, so I was told.

I think that Bernie at Leisure Hours is pretty knowledgable about running a track, and I always get more insight when I talk to him at his track. The folks at RC Performance in Madison might have some perspectives on running a dirt track in their neck of the woods. The Dirt Dawgs, who I will try to meet in 2008 seem to have something functional that has been working for a few years. Since you mention going on a circuit to visit other tracks, I don't know how familiar you are with tracks in general. Eventhough I am only an average racer, I have been to a lot of tracks -- all over IL, IN, MI, IA, one in OH, one in FL, but partly before clay became hot and not for nitro racing. I would check with people who have been around as part of a design review before moving on to track implementation. I would hate to see everything get done, but then you forgot to put drainage in the track and it becomes a perpetual mud bog, for example.
Another good person to ask is Marvin from my local track (RiverCityRaceway) If you want his number to ask any questions about starting up I would be happy to give it to you.
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
justin please listen to hansarvin about talking to rivercityraceway it is the best track in Il.....go to there web site and check the place out very nice...
Well I contacted Rivercityraceway President! We will be talking to get some ideas about a track! We have recived a few more e-mails as far as intrest goes! I hope to have some good news for you guys soon! I will keep everyone posted on what is going on!!

Thanks again!

Justin Zaugg
wurd, u put up a track like they did and you will get the racers to come
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I may even have to convert to nitro:confused:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for a club tommyboy1616 1 3,066 05-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Last Post: firesprink281
  SLASH Endurance Race Saturday June 20 2009 - St. Charles IL chicagokenji 0 2,422 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Race for Free with Your Truck - Chicago chicagokenji 5 2,934 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Dirtdawgs Rc Money Race oct. 19 cheesecake 24 5,728 10-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Last Post: cheesecake
  Race Em R/C RaceEmRc 15 4,935 06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RaceEmRc
  Race Em RC Is going to be a GOOOOO!!! RaceEmRc 43 8,673 05-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Last Post: RaceEmRc
  Kick Off Race for MWNX GWPHOENIX 5 2,322 05-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Last Post: mfanke19
  Revo, a race truggy? snoracer 61 11,723 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  First Race @ LHR Bfly 1 1,477 02-03-2008, 09:44 PM