Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/8th Scale Running Electric?
Is anyone bashing or racing with an 1/8th scale buggy using electric motors?

I've found thread on rctech about it and am interested in knowing more.
Read that thread, and you will know just about everything there is to know about it. Wink
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
I was hoping for something more tangible........like meeting up with a person who owns one to see it in person.
There is someone on this board who has a LSP done up brushless, is local and even did a whole article on it.
his name on here is nick
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Hello nick?
hey kenji Smile

you want information overload? RC-Monster Forums - Powered by vBulletin . by far the biggest brushless/conversion forum on the net. (The buggy conversion sub-forum is near the bottom).
right now, i'm currently running a LSP-R truggy, and am building a HPI MT2 into a jump truck, using the electronics from my LSP-R Smile
i've also got a PRP XR8 1/8 scale on road "wedge" style that I converted to electric (it's up for sale) and my first conversion was an Ofna Hyper7pro.

here's my latest thread at rc-monster (LSP-R buildup, and now posting about my mt2 there as well): HOW TO: Quark Mod / LSP Conversion *PIC OVERLOAD WARNING* - RC-Monster Forums

my XR8 thread:
14.2 second 1/3 mile? (oval) - RC-Monster Forums

and here's all my videos:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

so what's up? what do you want to know lol.

*re-read the thread lol. i'm out in Woodstock. I'm not sure how much more i'm going to be running this year, as it's getting too cold. lipo's are allowed now at leisure right? maybe I could bring it out there and run indoor?
that bl tc3 vid was awesome!!!
"because it was fun"
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
check this one out! sounds nuts, not electric but wow
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmwx6A5sqY]YouTube - 200mph rc car[/video]
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
damn dude thats crazy, it's like those planes that are on wires, but I wouldn't want to be in the middle if that thing somehow flew off that wire
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:check this one out! sounds nuts, not electric but wow

what does that have to do with anything?
absolutely nothing, but it came up when i was watching YOUR videos on youtube

Yea it is cool, but it really had no place in this thread.

Nick can you list everything you use for your brushless LSP?
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
read the thread about my truck...

Quote:First, here's a list of parts I used to build up my LSP-R

Lightning Stadium Pro-R - HBS66200 - $259.95 - ULTIMATE HOBBIES

HB 22 Degree Front Hub Carriers - HBSC8011-1 - $4.25 - [HBSC8011-1] Hot Bodies 22 Degree Front Hub Carriers (Lightning Series)
Hot Bodies Aluminum Front Suspension Holder - HBSC8116-2 - $23.99 - [HBSC8116-2] Hot Bodies Aluminum Front Suspension Holder (3 degree), (Lightning Series)
Hot Bodies Front/Rear Upper Suspension Arm Set - HBSC8005-1 - $5.25 - [HBSC8005-1] Hot Bodies Front/Rear Upper Suspension Arm Set (Lightning 2)
Hot Bodies Screw & Ball Front Upper Arms - HBSC8134 - $3.49 - [HBSC8134] Hot Bodies Screw & Ball Front Upper Arms (Lightning Series)
2x Sportwerks Front/Rear CVD Axles - SWK3177 - $5.99 - [SWK3177] Sportwerks Front/Rear CVD Axles (2) (Mayhem Pro, RTR).
Hot Bodies Front Pins for Upper Suspension - HBSC8012 - $2.25 - [HBSC8012] Hot Bodies Front Pins for Upper Suspension (2), (Lightning Buggy Series)
OFNA 2.5x17mm Hex Hub Pins - OFN36055 - $3.49 - [OFN36055] OFNA 2.5x17mm Hex Hub Pins (4) (Jammin X1)
Team Losi F/R Drive Shaft: LST - LOSB3502 - $10.49 - [LOSB3502] Team Losi F/R Drive Shaft: LST (2)
Team Losi CV Driveshaft Rebuild Set: LST - LOSB3505 - $5.99 - [LOSB3505] Team Losi CV Driveshaft Rebuild Set: LST
OFNA 17mm Hard Anodized Wheel Nuts - OFN40550 - $4.25 - [OFN40550] OFNA 17mm Hard Anodized Wheel Nuts (4mm) (4) (Jammin X1)
HPI X-Wide Hex Adapter 7.5mm - HPI87534 - $7.75 - [HPI87534] HPI X-Wide Hex Adapter 7.5mm (Black) (2)

Kyosho 46 tooth nylon spur 1/8 diffs - $5.00 - RC-Monster: Kyosho 46 tooth nylon spur 1/8 diffs, Gears/Tranny Parts
Brushless motor mount - Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium - $40 - RC-Monster: Brushless motor mount - Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium, RC Monster Products
Quark Monster Pro 125B Brushless Sensorless Speed Controller - $280 - RC-Monster: Quark Monster Pro 125B Brushless Sensorless Speed Controller, Controllers
Neu 1512 2.5d/f Sensorless Brushless Motor - $225 - RC-Monster: Neu 1512 2.5d/f Sensorless Brushless Motor, Brushless Motors
Extermal BEC/UBEC - $37 - RC-Monster: External BEC/UBEC, Radio Equipment
Hitec HSC-5955 Titanium Gear High Speed Servo - $115 - RC-Monster: Hitec HSC-5955 Titanium Gear High Speed Servo, Radio Equipment

2x Custom built TrueRC 18.5V 5S1P 4000mAh - $90 - Comcast
2x Apache Smart Balancer and Guard 505 - $23.95 - Chargers
2x Astroflight 109d Lithium Charger - 109D - $119.95 - http://www.astroflight.com/store/store-t...L0syk7G4I7

Other random parts used:
drill bits, and nuts and bolts, various sizes.
1/16" thick 1"x3' aluminum stock, cut into 4 pieces of equal length
2x heavy duty velcro straps
a Pentium 1 Heatsink with a high CFM fan

I'm using a JR XS3 Tx/Rx, and am also currently running Proline Maxx Mulchers on Ofna MT3 (dominator) rims, or any 1/8 buggy rim/tire.

*edit, I'm now using a Neu 1515 2.5d/f motor, and 2 True-RC 5s1p 5Ah packs in parallel for 5s2p and 10,000mah.
Your profile says you are up in Woodstock. Do you ever take any of your converted vehicles out to race or do you just bash? I'd like to meet up some time and get a first hand look at your craftsmanship.

I get to Marengo sometimes. Woodstock is just another hop skip and jump.

Thanks for replying.
wow mike that was cool. nick do you ever bring your stuff to lh?
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS
chicagokenji Wrote:Your profile says you are up in Woodstock. Do you ever take any of your converted vehicles out to race or do you just bash? I'd like to meet up some time and get a first hand look at your craftsmanship.

I get to Marengo sometimes. Woodstock is just another hop skip and jump.

Thanks for replying.
no problem. I've raced at HobbyTownUSA in Crystal Lake a few times (parking lot racing), but there's no real track close by. I drive through Marengo going to work every day. I'll lyk when the truck's back together and ready to run.

allan42r Wrote:wow mike that was cool. nick do you ever bring your stuff to lh?
lh is a 2 hour drive, and up until recently, they didn't allow lipos.. can someone clarify this? I remember not allowing lipos because of ROAR rules, but then ROAR made a lipo class, so lipo's should be allowed right?
Yes lipo are allowed
Hell, give Bernie your $15 and that thing could be nuclear powered! At least you'll be able to easily finish a 15 minute main. Smile
Kenji

We talked on the phone the other day. I have Cen Matrix 1/8 buggy, Revo, Savage, XTM XLB and DM-1, Lightning Stadium 10 and CRT.5 all converted to brushless lipo. I'm just getting ready to start on a Cen MatrixTR truggy conversion as a winter project. I'd be glad to show you what I've done sometime and even help you out with a conversion if your interested. Like Nick said, rc-monster.com forum is the largest 1/8 scale conversion knowledge base anywhere Ive found. Days of good reading there if you want your head to spin around all of the details.

I will probably be out in oakbrook at the kohls parking lot on friday with the DM-1 and the 1/8 buggy if you want to stop by. There is usually a decent group of guys out there running. (it keeps getting to be a thinner and thinner crowd now that its getting cold though) I usually don't get out there until 9:30 or so by the time I get home from work and then get packed up and out there, but I'll be there unless its raining. Might be one of the last times of the year for me before I pack it in for the winter.

BTW nick. I went out to LH a couple times last winter on the indoor track just to get in some winter running. They didn't mind my lipos at all, but I wasn't racing, just practice nights. Unfortunately getting all the way out there is rather tough for me so it rarely happens. If it was closer Id be there alot. If you are ever planning to head down there LMK. I wouldn't mind meeting up w/ you and visit my old motor.Wink
[COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]Silent... But Deadly[/COLOR][/SIZE]
haha sounds like a plan Jeff. the other day, i was swapping it into my MT2, and got pissed off because my motor, quark, and ubec are all soldered together, and stuff kept getting in my way while working on the truck lol. maybe i'll make it out once before the new year.. i'll have to figure something out.. what night would be best? i dont know track times or anything. would a truck like my mt2 be allowed to race? if not, practice would be fine as well.
hey I thought about doing this to my crt, but the neu motors are a little out of my budget. i do have a lrp sphere system, would this work, and using lipo batteries ?
You will need a much bigger system than that for a CRT. 4s lipo minimum,

You could run a Mamba Max Speed control and a Feigao XL motor on 4s and get away with it on conservative gearing if you want to do it on the cheap. That would work, but the system would probably run a little hot. The Feigao motors run kinda hot cuz they are lower quality than The Neu motors. The Mamba Max is technically not rated for 4s but it does run it, you would just need to disable the internal BEC on the Mamba Max and run a reciever pak or External BEC.

I hear that the Mamba Monster Maxx will be released sometime around December/January. If it does, that would be a drop in system for your CRT.
[COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]Silent... But Deadly[/COLOR][/SIZE]
I would really like to know just how fast that car really went. because if you watch the Vid, there is one problem that seems to show up if you manage to look away from the track, the car gets faster and faster, but so do the birds popping into the frame.
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:check this one out! sounds nuts, not electric but wow
YouTube - 200mph rc car
[COLOR="Red"]It's not just paint! It's an Attitude!
http://www.team3sixrc.com[/COLOR]
looks like them little sparrow things, seems normal to me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Scale RC's Power Jam Large Scale Racing June 14-17th 2012 Monon, Indiana LOST IN MN 2 5,413 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: LOST IN MN
  My latest scale build up Mnster 209 69,988 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  PowerJam 1/5 Scale Racing Event - Monon Indiana - Are you registered yet ?? looker2756 1 4,484 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Last Post: looker2756
  Introducing " The Scrap Yard " 1/5 scale track IN looker2756 7 9,254 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
  Chicago Area Electric RC Racing chicagokenji 0 5,414 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Last Post: chicagokenji
  Electric Backyard Offraod Track in Marengo BobWoodhouse 87 18,427 09-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Last Post: BobWoodhouse
  1/16 Scale Kyosho Nitros GeraldRisch 14 3,935 03-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Last Post: GeraldRisch
  Electric racing at L.H. Briguy 1 1,339 12-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bubbacola
  1/5 scale Off-Road looker2756 44 8,287 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM
  On Road Electric - Raise Your Hand Please chicagokenji 31 6,015 10-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Last Post: champion jeep