Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new shell **dodge ram**
hey all, its been a while since ve posted on the forums. benn way busy with school, work and football. now that footballs over, i have more time on my hands. so i decided to get my truck a new shell.

here it is:

heres the draft i did on the computer of a paint scheme
[Image: untitled.jpg]

and heres the finished product. some differences but not much.

[Image: Picture018-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture014-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture015-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture016-2.jpg]

[Image: Picture017-2.jpg]

i stensiled out the dodge ram logo on the bed, but becasue i didint cut out all the holes before the paint, i kinda messed that up.

it was my first ever atempt at painting a shell. method if painting was spray cans and masking tape. colors used were silver, gunmetal, and brilliant blue.

let me know what you think!

Enjoy!
Not bad.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Not too bad. Helps if you get a body that's made for the truck though. Pretty sure proline or hpi makes a dodge ram body. That one looks like a 1/10 body.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Looks awesome for your first one dude.
Look like the real thing! You have a steady hand.
You're never to old to be immature
it was an hpi body. there were others i wanted, but they were all for the lst and mgt and all, so i knew they were gonna be big. after i got home and started looking at everything i noticed it said 200mm on the bag instead of hpi savage. but hell, it turned out ok. had to put some awkward cuts on it to get the front shocks to fit. lol.

thanks for he comments so far. and keep em coming!
Wait....Front you're running 1 shock per side...Why not move them to the back of the arm for added protection and then you wouldn't have had to hack up the body?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
i tried that, but them in the front provedes more of a suspension... if that makes any sense. in the back of the arm, it just didint seem right performance wise. i dont mind the bad cut on the front though. been running this shock setup for a while now, and this is the only body that had clearance problems. I guess the next body i get ill make sure is made for my truck

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How would you make your own RC shell from scratch?? bamboozled 4 6,518 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  My new TC shell Evil3 3 3,562 09-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Evil3
  New E REVO shell team3six 2 2,599 05-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Airbrushed 25th Anniversary Grave digger shell team3six 5 2,978 04-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Catfisher
  Welcome to the Good Life.......Kanye painted Shell team3six 29 6,114 04-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Anyone wanna paint my shell????? rcrunr1 4 2,349 11-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Obsessive R/C