Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford smart guys
Got a question for you

Car= 2001 Ford Expedition, 5.4L, Standard stereo system (not the optional one) Non Eb

Door speakers LR/RR

What colors are the wires, and what's their polarity?
I know LR is brown wires, one with a white line, other has yellow line.
What is the polarity on those?
What color are the wires on the RR side, and their polarity?
Thanks in advance.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
it should sat like by one of the tabs.
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
You should be able to look up something online, I did when I installed a stereo in my car, about which colors are what polarity and which speaker, in the wiring harness in the dash part. If you can, I would get the factory Wiring Harness thing, that connects, then hard-wire and solder the aftermarket Radio to that. but if you're just swapping speakers, why not upgrade your head-unit too or else your speakers wont sound good because they are underpowered lol
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
yea matt if toyr upgrading everything else then upgrade the HU also

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Racin' Ranger1 Wrote:yea matt if toyr upgrading everything else then upgrade the HU also

Side note: If you plan on getting subs, Run your sub wires and RCA cables to the back whenever you install it, so you dont have to do extra work later. and power cable through the fire-wall etc. It may seem stupid do do it if you dont have subs, but its really a smart thing to do. save you some time in the long run.

Ok you guys totally didn't answer my question.

No I'm not changing the HU.
No I'm not changing the door speakers.

I'm installing a sub, and I have to tap into the door speaker wires. I need to know which are pos/neg so I don't mess up the amp.
Dude.
Change your HU.
Those wires can't handle any amperage. they are liek 14 gage. You're really being foolish if you're tapping wires. Change your head unit, run a power cable, and an RCA cable. Do it the right way, the first time, or else you're gonna spend twice as much money, when you do it right, after you rig it up. Don't be foolish man. Smile

I think other guys will agree with me on this.

I work in a garage, I see ...rigged stuff all the time, Then in order to fix it, so its not causing problems, actually worse problems than it was the first time around, it costs about 300-400 dollars more. Like exhausts, somebody rigs up and welds an exhaust, without a Catalytic converter, something breaks, or rusts through
and we have to replace the whole system Engine back, because by law we can't let it leave without a Cat if we worked on it. so people are paying 600-700 dollar bills since thye decided to save some money.

Ohhh myyyy goooddddd.... Those wires AREN'T GETTING ANY POWER! THEY ARE JUST INPUT WIRES! I DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE THE HU. THAT IS WHAT HIGH INPUT JACKS ARE FOR ON AMPS.
Its gonna sound like shit, but whatever you wanna do bro, go for it, you'll just change it later, like i said do yourself a favor and do it right the first time.

don't take it from someone who helped rig a friends car, like that, exactly like that.

Then, redo it and install a stereo and run cables. you'll get phenomanally better sound.

and i said in one of the tabs that the wires are soldered on to there should be a little plus by one of them. (there was on my stockers out of mytruck)

Argh....I didn't look while I had the door apart. And I really don't want to take it apart again, it was a pita.
it isnt that bad to take apart

Yeah it is. Two bolts.

THen you have to slide the whole door up, have someone else wiggle their arm between the door and the face of it, unbolt the handle, remove the handle, bend the door face so that it fits over the lock, and then remove the window button wiring harness, then 4 more bolts to get to the speaker.
umm you dont have to un bolt the handle at all. and if your that lazy to take a door apart then you shouldnt even be doing any of this, seriously

Uh have you worked on my vehicle? I think not.
You do have to take off the handle. Or you kill this little plastic peice around the handle.
WOW seriously? do you not remember i have an expedition????? i think i know what im talking about as i have had the door off a couple times tesing speakers.......................................................

Maybe the eddie bauer edition is different or something but it took me and john to get the door on/off...
Maybe you just don't have a clue what you are doing.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
[Image: HPIM1097.jpg]

Hey while you're in there check the wires...
umm no i put it back together right after i took the pic

Didn't seem to take you that long....Pleeeeaaaasssseeee?
no you can do it in the same time i did if you just do it right

My God Matt. Are that lazy? The only way you are going to figure it out and actually remember it is to do it yourself, figure it out and you will remember how to do it. If you already did, then it should be a breeze this time.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
^^^^exactly what are they teaching you in your auto classes??????

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any sticker guys out there? Racin' Ranger1 1 1,551 01-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Last Post: PINKY
  hey guys, help me out - the angles of an octagon stratcat 3 1,270 04-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Last Post: stratcat
  Test drove a smart car t to the maxx2 8 1,484 01-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  Crawler Guys how about this. Jeepguy 15 2,667 09-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Last Post: BJoe
  hey guys and gals(if any) royal_crusher 11 2,064 09-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Last Post: royal_crusher
  1:1 Car (Ford) Help Needed. Ponch 28 5,301 05-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  Need some help guys! squirrel 17 3,001 03-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Last Post: thenewguy821
  Happy Steak and BJ day guys! Hoobajoob 6 1,416 03-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Last Post: north_shore_racer
  For The Car Guys FreeRideFrosty 9 1,692 01-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  In preparation for a forum upgrade, I'll give you guys a peak at the next site look. Mr. Tune 31 4,295 11-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune