Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I get??
Hey guys....

I have been out for a little while and am thinking about getting back in. I will probably be doing mostly bashing but at least a little bit of racing. I haven't really been following RC lately so don't know what, if anything, is new out there. I would really love a large scale but I don't think there is really a place to race them. So, I was thinking of maybe picking up another Revo.... What would the bashers recommend?
I would pick up the new e maxx. Truck looks pretty sweet and definatly has some balls from the video's they show
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
I am kind of weary of the maxx line. I had a T-maxx back in the day and all I can remember is all of the money that needed to be put into it.....
The new AE MGT with .50 engine looks interesting....not for racing tho.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
just get back in with a revo they are pretty cheap now.
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
ya you can bash it and set it up for racing if you decide to.
I was toying with the idea of getting back into MT. I wanted a basher/racer also. I will not get a Revo. They break way too much.

I am considering the vehicle Chris DeWinter drove that absolutely dominated all of the Revos in the Delta RC Pro Series and is shown in the Nov. Xtreme RC Cars magazine. He makes a kit that is a modified Losi LST-2. Page 1 It's $165 shipped. You can buy all of the other parts needed off ebay so you don't get have to pay for parts you don't need.
I was really considering the LST-2, but not because the revo broke too much. I had a revo and it was VERY reliable. I just love the power and size of the LST.
get a muggy or an MGT
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:I was really considering the LST-2. I just love the power and size of the LST.

Well then I'm sure you'll appreciate the "Luggy" I mentioned all the more.

Without the kit, however, it seems like even the LST-2 is a bit clumsy. I've seen many of them this summer while racing up in Wisconsin. They do well and often win as they finish races and Revos don't. The kit will make the LST-2 more nimble like the Revo.
That new MGT is supposed to be under $400 RTR. And AE is stepping up to modular FM radios for rtr's. and they now have the Ace servo's under the AE brand.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
the lst2 is one hell of a truck. it is a little pricey, but well worth it for a basher! i am also very happy with the mantis. i have beaten the hell out of that thing and so far i have only broken a shock shaft (full speed into a tree) and the fuel tank.

[Image: th_NVEExport0002.jpg]
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Get the new emaxx.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
I have nothing against electrics but I don't see how the maxx platform could have improved sooooo much.
It hasn't XD

LST or Revo...
I think LST or Revo is where it is at. I wouldn't mind finding a used LST2 for a decent price.... that way if the motor is shot I can get a new one without breaking the bank. The E-maxx looks nice compared to the old E-maxxes and T-maxxes but I would rather have an LST or Revo over it.
[Image: ihobby002.jpg]
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
4x4 5th scale.
[Image: ihobby004.jpg]
[url][/url]

Pricetag on the 1/5? (And did you get my most recent PM??)
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Pricetag on the 1/5? (And did you get my most recent PM??)

Yes i got your pm,
The 5th scale is 4 wheel drive w/28cc. $900.00
[url][/url]

Also.... what are the big differences between the LST-2 and the Muggy? What is better for bashing/racing??
Dude I can't believe you even thought about the muggy. F that thing. LoL.
i'd go with a muggy if i was getting a basher truck, thing looks bad ass and its more "race" orientated i guess you would say, nobody needs 8 inch wide tires not even for bashing. Alotta the bashers i see there slow and cumbersome, muggy looks like it could be thrown around alot and still be fast and all taht jazz
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I've gotta say, I've been thinking about another MT and the LST2 would get my vote. Seems tough as nails. Can't say I was too impressed with the MGT. Ive seen 2 that tore the motor mounts right through the chassis! What does that say? Granted they were having the piss beat outta them but still. Never seen that happen before on ANY RC.
LST-2 or Revo, Or the 8T
[url][/url]