Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my new ride.................
[Image: baja1.jpg]

after an hour of fun

[Image: baja6.jpg]
RACING......because football, baseball, bowling, & golf only require ONE BALL
these can take a real thrashing!! if anyone ever thought of getting one, you will be verry happy with your purchace.
Where is that? Looks like fun!
bmx track in elgin
Sweet, I want one but so expensive! :headbang:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
They may seem pricey but isn't it RTR for the price? Try buying an 1/8 kit than adding engine and electronics and see where you end up! I think they are a relative bargain. Only problem is you usually end up playing with youself! LOL. Still sweet. I heard they are pretty tough too.
i always see those baja's break i yet to see one take a good beating just the other day a guy jumped his and it broke then i saw a buggy take the jump and it was fine .. for the price of a baja i can think of some rc's that will take more abuse and alot more fun
Green Hornet Wrote:bmx track in elgin

Been there, lots of fun so long as you watch out for the rocks.

Problem is I know that RC's are not welcome there. If they catch you they will kick you out. Sad

Still, it might be fun to sneak in when its off season. When is BMX season over?
Lucky!

Lookin' good.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:Been there, lots of fun so long as you watch out for the rocks.

Problem is I know that RC's are not welcome there. If they catch you they will kick you out. Sad

Still, it might be fun to sneak in when its off season. When is BMX season over?

So it's still that way, I got a nasty call at the StC store a few years back from somebody claiming we told people that they could run there. I'd also heqard that some people were told that the RC's were destroying the track, even though I can't imagine that a bicycle would be any less damaging..............................
BJoe Wrote:So it's still that way, I got a nasty call at the StC store a few years back from somebody claiming we told people that they could run there. I'd also heqard that some people were told that the RC's were destroying the track, even though I can't imagine that a bicycle would be any less damaging..............................

Yeah, thats the BS reason I got too. RC's tore up the track. Really? So a 8lb car spinning its tires is more damaging than a 10lb bike ridden by anywhere from a 70 to 160lb person?

Funny stuff.....
I have a feeling it would have something to do with them being worried about liability and insurance and all that good stuff. Plus they dont get paid! I would gladly hand over a few bones to play around.
Well, their season is over on Oct 28th or 29th, at which point we can probably hit the track without issues because it will technically be "closed". But the fence doesn't extend and its easy to walk around (don't even have to hop the fence (imagine a garage door closed to protect the house, but at the same time removing the regular door right next to it).
I was there for 2 hours tonight without anyone saying a word.
ive been kicked out once this year. they said that they were going to work on a rc track so all the cars will stay off their bmx track...but well see. here is a pict of a bad landing. i did this jump 5 times, and landed bad once, with no broken parts. the jump was a long and high distance.45ft long, 20 or so high. i figured, if parts gets broke, ill replace parts with allum ones..

[Image: baja3.jpg]

those of you that know the track, should know how big this jump was.
it didnt even touch the dirt in the pict, as you can see there is no dust trail following the baja.
as far as price, yea..its a big leap..but if you look at say a losi8....kit, engine, raio, pipe, and so on, how much would you of spent?? well worth every penney.
Green Hornet Wrote:as far as price, yea..its a big leap..but if you look at say a losi8....kit, engine, raio, pipe, and so on, how much would you of spent?? well worth every penney.

What about the cost of replacement parts? Are they quite a bit more?
if anyone goes to the bmx track i want to go.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
bubbaracing Wrote:Sweet, I want one but so expensive! :headbang:

I have one in stock. I was going to raffle off.
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
slaytanic Wrote:What about the cost of replacement parts? Are they quite a bit more?

they are not too bad. the plactic ones are about the same, rear tires you can get off e bay for 20.00 new, the the tires EVERYONE wants are 65 but they have a guarantee not to tear before they wear. the alluminum parts are arround 100-175 depending on what ya want. allum wheels with beadlocks are expensive, arround 300.00....tuned pipe is about 200.00...fuel is WAY cheeper...just go to your local gas station, and fill up your 1 gal container. 1 tank on the baja will last at least 1 full hour. the oil to mix with the fuel is about 2-3.00, and dependong on how you mix it, will be good for 2gal. i felt a bit bad after spending the money at first...but once you get out and run it......you are not even thinking about it any more. it is well worth every dime.
cheesecake Wrote:if anyone goes to the bmx track i want to go.

ill put something up on here when we get a date togeather. there will be several bajas going. Confusedalute:
Green Hornet Wrote:ill put something up on here when we get a date togeather. there will be several bajas going. Confusedalute:

I got a truggy and a buggy that would tear that place up and take any abuse I can throw at them. Smile

I suggest waiting till after their season closes to prevent us running into anyone who might object.
when i was there last, there was no one else arround. we are 99% going this sunday. ill get a time posted up on another thread is this is a done deal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new ride Ponch 213 30,647 05-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  Finally Somewhat happy with my ride Toughtrax 2 1,816 01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Pics of MY new ride Michowski 23 4,689 05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Last Post: mikeh
  Pics of my new ride!! Mr. Tune 43 7,376 05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Last Post: MX_KEVIN
  gjost ride gone wrong Racin' Ranger1 3 1,554 05-06-2007, 09:51 PM