Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deck Height???
Just wondering if someone can tell me the proper way (or easy way) to check the head clearance on these little rc motors.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
why lol, the best way is to use a depth mic
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
dont know dont care, i run stock becaus i know a little more power,more nitro,head shim,extra motor work doesnt make me faster.missing them damn tubes and driving clean will. if you are just looking to put the motor back to what it should be look at the manuel. there is no better way to go faster than to go out and practice when you have no marshals, you learn to drive and not reley on someone else to help you get around a track.Smile
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS
what a gay response lol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
is it andy dick.lol
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS
No the reason I asked is because I was reading the grid on the novarossi thread and I must of seen 10 people telling to check on this motor or that. I never messed with my vzb's or my bf21 or any motor Ive owned for that matter. I did check for pitting on the head and piston but never found any. You know I have a hard time just cleaning my RC's, adding fluids, ect. I dont need more to do. Was just wondering how they did it. I thought I saw someone say they squished a piece of sotter between head and piston and I thought that didnt sound like a good idea to me. I dont see the average RC dude having a depth gauge in the pit box, vernier maybe, but what to squish?

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
MX_KEVIN Wrote:No the reason I asked is because I was reading the grid on the novarossi thread and I must of seen 10 people telling to check on this motor or that. I never messed with my vzb's or my bf21 or any motor Ive owned for that matter. I did check for pitting on the head and piston but never found any. You know I have a hard time just cleaning my RC's, adding fluids, ect. I dont need more to do. Was just wondering how they did it. I thought I saw someone say they squished a piece of sotter between head and piston and I thought that didnt sound like a good idea to me. I dont see the average RC dude having a depth gauge in the pit box, vernier maybe, but what to squish?

You could do that with solder and then just mic the solder...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ponch Wrote:You could do that with solder and then just mic the solder...

You should get a job at the google spell check lab. :p:

That kids is why you should not have your girlfriend do your home work.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Take a piece of solder and bend it into an L stick it into your head then turn it over slowly by hand. It will smash it without damaging anything. Take the solder out and mic it to get your deck height!
yeah... that works if the motor doesnt have a dished piston
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Take the head off and put a small piece of clay or silly putty on top of the piston and put the head back on. Rotate the flywheel to put it at Top-Dead-Center. Make sure the glow plug is in when you do this! Remove the head and measure the thickness of the clay.
I will tell you that even with a dished piston the solder trick works. The piston is only dished in the center. Remove the plug bend the soder to an L put threw plug hole and you will feel it hit the side of the sleave. Rotate engine slowly till you feel the soder get pinched then turn over. Remove soder and check thikness with caliper.
Tony D Wrote:I will tell you that even with a dished piston the solder trick works. The piston is only dished in the center. Remove the plug bend the soder to an L put threw plug hole and you will feel it hit the side of the sleave. Rotate engine slowly till you feel the soder get pinched then turn over. Remove soder and check thikness with caliper.
Ron at werks says it does work tonyBig Grin
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
rocco define irony.lol
MUGEN SEIKI
GRAVEY GRAFFIX
LEISURE HOURS