Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im joining the navy
so, a few weeks ago i decided that my life is'nt going in the direction that i want it to. i start weighing my options as far as what i can do and whats holding me back from what i want to do.

so, my brother gets ahold of me (he's in the army and he's 6 years younger than me) and i tell him my situation. well, long story short, he hooks me up with some recruiters and i decided to join the navy.

so far, ive taken the A.S.V.A.B test and scored exceptionally well on it....basically that means that i can get whatever job i want in the navy. Ive had to take reference forms to my previous employers and schools for them to fill out and return to my recruiter. they've run a backround check on me and okay'ed it with M.E.P.S.

ive done this stuff in a matter of about 2 weeks. my question is to those of you that have been in the military or know someone who has.

how long will it be from this point...to basic training? i havent signed anything yet but ive deffinatley been goin through alot of red tape. they've recommended that i go in for special opps due to my scores on the a.s.v.a.b and mental evaluation.

i work 2 jobs and im a manager at one of them, so i have to train some one to replace me if i leave. obviously, im gonna need ample time to do this and i keep gettin wishy washy answers when i ask for a time frame. they've told me as early as mid october.

i just need to know if anyone has a more clear idea of the time frame for this process.
they will have you at basic in a month. they dont play around. my friend signed the papers and 2 weeks later he was in basic now he is in the airforce and he just got back from his second tour in 18 months.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
my friends in the army, say its all bullshit over there, and don't join. :-\
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
J-Dub Wrote:my friends in the army, say its all bullshit over there, and don't join. :-

dude....its an option that i cant pass up. ive made a few mistakes in my life that are kickin my @$$. so, if i want to get back into college and handle some other things....this is MY only avenue to acheive that...ya know??!!
I dig, just stay on the boats. my friend has been in baghdad for like at least a year and a half now. Thats not the place you wanna be man.

cheese:
damn....i dunno what im gonna do. i dont wanna leave my job high and dry, but at the same time, i dont wanna be like, "yeah, im going", then somethin happens and i dont go!

j-dub:

yeah, my brother is pissed. they were originally supposed to a green zone but lended up sendin him to a red zone. the difference is constant fear of I.E.D's and constant gun fire. they told me id be more than likely doin basic in california then going to japan
just be safe and good luck. id work on getting a delayed entry so you can finish everything you need to before you go and so your employers know whats going on.
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
Hold out for the biggest signing bonus, continuing education, get every promise in writing and have a lawyer look at it.
You're never to old to be immature
good luck man, and kudos to you for willing to defend our country...thats awesome man, seriously, but I know im not cut out for that lifestyle, get ready to completely change your entire life Wink
EXACTLY have it looked over prior to signing ANYTHING my brother in law got f-d over when he joined the navy last year
joe gordon was in the army, he was the guy on here from Belgium. Doesnt come around too much anymore, he is an MP now or something like that. He sent me some videos and shit from when he was over in Iraq said it was the worst place in the world. Garbage everywhere and the whole place smelled like a shit house.
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
My buddy tells me the exact same thing. It's just a huge shit-hole.

That happens when you "liberate" a country and destroy the infrastructure, like running water and electric power. The good parts is, the rubble piles are now made of smaller pieces of rubble, so it's easier to move around.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
^^ +1

Recruiters Are like salesmen, They will tell you anything you want to here to get you to sign. Be careful. And get everything in writing.

Good luck, I hope everything works out as planned.
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
wow...

thanks for the advice on gettin stuff in writing b4 i signed. i kinda feel dumb cuz i assumed that i wouldnt have to worry bout that...since it involves the government.

huge thanks
pwnzor Wrote:good luck man, and kudos to you for willing to defend our country...thats awesome man, seriously, but I know im not cut out for that lifestyle, get ready to completely change your entire life Wink

yeah....ur not the first to tell me that. to be honest, this is right up my alley as far as lifestyles. the only thing that im worried about is makin it through basic with dudes in my face screaming at me. i have a short temper and love to fight. so, im really gonna have to bite my tongue.
or get ur ass beat lmao

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:or get ur ass beat lmao

no doubt...i dont claim to be a badass. ive taken a beatin, and ive thrown a few beatins too.

these guys arent to be messed with...im just sayin that this will be the hardest for me. i could be wrong though.
strangely enough, I just saw an Army commercial on TV showing a $20,000 bonus if you sign into their Quick Start program.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
well, the paperwork that i have claim 40k signup bonus for special ops
lol oh i wasnt sayin anything like that; i wouldnt be able to handle that, I would end up hitting one of em and getting beat up like a little bitch hahaah

$40k is a good paycheck!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
^^^:bustingup:bustingup:bustingup
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:$40k is a good paycheck!

but thats not all in 1 lump sum...
i beleive you get 20 k up front and the rest over time.

you do, however, get all kinds of other money like:
separation pay
spousal support
housing allowance
utilities allowance
food allowance
school money
plus bunch-o-other stuff i cant think of
and all this is on top of what you make in your job field.

basically...my wife wont have to work and she gets the school benefits too
and these are all monthly benefits