Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thunder tiger st1
how is the thunder tiger st1 is it a decent truggy. and what is needed to make it competitive. im still on the search for a truggy and its one on the maybe list
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
you really dont need anything to make it competetive, I ran mine box stock for 6 months. half offset wheels and do the "steering mod" and your set really, probably your cheapest way into competetive truggy market
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
whats the steering mod and did you buy the rtr or the pro kit.(i think thats what its called)
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
i ran the RTR cuz thats all that was out at the time, the steering mod, in short, is just using a longer steering link and mounting it too the bell crank and not the steering slider

I could have swore you said the ST1 was Garbage somewhere...maybe I'm losing my memory faster than I thought.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
prolly is compared to the new kyoshos, losis, and mugens, but its still competitive. Everyone just goes around saying there turds just to mess around. Never drivin one so idk.
J-Dub Wrote:I could have swore you said the ST1 was Garbage somewhere...maybe I'm losing my memory faster than I thought.

y would he say that when that is what he runs and is sponsored by them?

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
I own an ST1. The price of entry is very low and the truck comes with full CVD's, strong diffs, OK servos - a decent setup for the price. Change the tires, refill the diffs, install a good engine when the stock .28 is done.

I like mine but have not subjected it to full on racing like Mike. BCE makes extended chassis and braces for those who need a longer truck.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
i dont have any experience with the thunder tiger so i cant really comment on it. i do, however, really beleive in the hotbodies lsp. i know there are peeps in here that would disagree with me, but from the experience that i had with mine....i gotta recommend it.
i like it because, out of the box, it comes with, aluminum a-arms, aluminum spindles, and pretty stout chassis and braces. i pretty much beat the crap out of mine all summer and never broke anything but the wing, and c-hubs on it.
yeah, its an older truggy, but you can pick them up really cheap....

SHAMELESS PLUG
savyboy (timmy)...has one for sale. if you wanna see it, come to al's hobby shop. or contact him
LOSI 8IGHT B.....o.s v-spec .21
DM-1....Mario Rossi Tuned .21
ROLLER NEEDED FOR....NovaRossi P5X
When I say anything about them I'm just messing with him the new Pro kit I've heard is comparable to the MBX5T. Now I'm prolly gunna get flamed for that but that's just what I have heard. here is a link to a review on it...
UndergroundRC.com | Racing Community ~ View topic - New Thunder Tiger ST-1 PRO
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
cr4sh_27 Wrote:i dont have any experience with the thunder tiger so i cant really comment on it. i do, however, really beleive in the hotbodies lsp. i know there are peeps in here that would disagree with me, but from the experience that i had with mine....i gotta recommend it.
i like it because, out of the box, it comes with, aluminum a-arms, aluminum spindles, and pretty stout chassis and braces. i pretty much beat the crap out of mine all summer and never broke anything but the wing, and c-hubs on it.
yeah, its an older truggy, but you can pick them up really cheap....

SHAMELESS PLUG
savyboy (timmy)...has one for sale. if you wanna see it, come to al's hobby shop. or contact him

now im no genius in rc racing, but that platform is waaaay outdated, however I am aware it was the "first" real truggy, so props to HB for that, but I think its time they release a new model, dont you?? Oh, and Im pretty sure you want nylon / plastic / stiffezel for arms as opposed to aluminum for racing

as for the ST-1, I dont know first hand, but lemme tell you what, Mike C. sure does get around good with it, just as good as any other model of truck I have seen in his class, he looks just as planted in turns and rough stuff, and jumps just as good if not better then all the other truggies
pwnzor Wrote:now im no genius in rc racing, but that platform is waaaay outdated, however I am aware it was the "first" real truggy, so props to HB for that, but I think its time they release a new model, dont you?? Oh, and Im pretty sure you want nylon / plastic / stiffezel for arms as opposed to aluminum for racing

as for the ST-1, I dont know first hand, but lemme tell you what, Mike C. sure does get around good with it, just as good as any other model of truck I have seen in his class, he looks just as planted in turns and rough stuff, and jumps just as good if not better then all the other truggies

i agree with ya on it being outdated...
i was just givin me .02 0n it from a bashers pov
LOSI 8IGHT B.....o.s v-spec .21
DM-1....Mario Rossi Tuned .21
ROLLER NEEDED FOR....NovaRossi P5X
absolutely man, lots of opinions is what makes an interesting topic with good information if it stays on track, but the hard part is keeping it on topic...........LOL
wow.....a thread with 13 posts on the SAME topic and no flamming?!?!?! is the world comming to an end?....I have heard great things about the ST-1
....the old chitown rc....Big Grin

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
shouldnt last long, just wait till rocco sees this thread

no bad karma grasshopper.......we must prevail with the success of this topic!

something funny on a side note......im crazy........since i got a futaba 9351 servo, now im gung ho on getting a futaba 3pks radio...........should i check myself in or what? LOL Wink
ya u should just use what u have

NO! its non-debatable Wink
dibs on the m11.....
blktransam Wrote:wow.....a thread with 13 posts on the SAME topic and no flamming?!?!?! is the world comming to an end?....I have heard great things about the ST-1
ya spoke too soon...
Not to take anything away from TTR, Mikey can drive just about anything and do good with it and if he did drive something else he would be scary fast.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
+1 Imo
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
+1 what Joe said (that is if he would stop taking his stuff apart or maybe clean it once in a while LOL)
I have had some track time with the TTR line of stuff and if there was more support around the midwest besides Mike that will soon be makeing a switch I would continue to run them. Just a couple of cents
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
thanks guys, i think

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Thunder Tiger ST-1 Thread DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 485 50,183 01-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Thunder Tiger EB4 bigjs 16 2,707 08-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Mr. Tune