Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XGames
Speaking of runaways....did anyone see the guy attempt the doublebackflip last night? He slammed the landing and his throttle goes WFO and the safety guys just pull in the clutch and let that engine wail for a good 10-15 seconds. The riders buddy had to come flying in to kill the engine, but, too late, he fried the engine and is out of the games. Poor guy is unsponsored and drove 2200 miles to the games in LA. That's gonna be a long drive home..one jump and out.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
that sucks.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Speaking of runaways....did anyone see the guy attempt the doublebackflip last night? He slammed the landing and his throttle goes WFO and the safety guys just pull in the clutch and let that engine wail for a good 10-15 seconds. The riders buddy had to come flying in to kill the engine, but, too late, he fried the engine and is out of the games. Poor guy is unsponsored and drove 2200 miles to the games in LA. That's gonna be a long drive home..one jump and out.

Hopefully some people will donate time/parts/money to help get him back running. I've seen it happen before in drag racing and circle track racing.
Best trick comp was cool, Kyle did a full 360 off his bike and landed it I watched it for like 20 min and it still amazed me that he could pull it off. I trick and he won the whole thing with a 94.2 no one even really came close to him as far as a score. And that did really suck about the dbl back flip one one person has pulled it off in a compition so far now he's running for subaru in the rally kind of funny how someone does something so great like that and decides to move on to something else.
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?"
any one see jake brown in the skateboard big air do the first 720 in comp over the gap and the fell from like 20 ft up off the quarter and land in the flats? thats was scary. and HE GOT UP AND WALKED AWAY FROM IT
He sorta walked away! He came real close to being dead, the way his head banged back..that was the worst fall I have ever seen on skateboard ramps.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
ya and his friggin shoes went flyin off too.
FLYIN' off...that boy got ROCKED.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Speaking of runaways....did anyone see the guy attempt the doublebackflip last night? He slammed the landing and his throttle goes WFO and the safety guys just pull in the clutch and let that engine wail for a good 10-15 seconds. The riders buddy had to come flying in to kill the engine, but, too late, he fried the engine and is out of the games. Poor guy is unsponsored and drove 2200 miles to the games in LA. That's gonna be a long drive home..one jump and out.

i think the only reason the guy didint ride for the second run is cause he was hurt. If he really wanted to do the second run he would have borrowed another bike. The announcer said he could do it since theres 7 bikes not being used.
All of those guys are nuckin futs! No way I'm letting go of a perfectly good motorcycle in midair unless I have to!

I give them props for having the stones to do the crazy stunts they throw.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Racin' Ranger1 Wrote:any one see jake brown in the skateboard big air do the first 720 in comp over the gap and the fell from like 20 ft up off the quarter and land in the flats? thats was scary. and HE GOT UP AND WALKED AWAY FROM IT

That was sick when he went he did the 720 over the gap, also it was more like a 50 ft drop. Wink

I thought he was going to win it with his frist run, but then BB won it in his last drop in.

Today is the moto-x step-up, and the BMX bikes on the monster ramp.
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
Man I saw that skateboarder guy that lost his shoes on the news...DANG! that looked like it freggin hurt! lol
Evil3 Wrote:also it was more like a 50 ft drop. Wink

what i ment was 20 ft above the TOP of the quarter
Ponch Wrote:Man I saw that skateboarder guy that lost his shoes on the news...DANG! that looked like it freggin hurt! lol

good thing is....he don't remember it!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Toughtrax Wrote:And that did really suck about the dbl back flip one one person has pulled it off in a compition so far now he's running for subaru in the rally kind of funny how someone does something so great like that and decides to move on to something else.

T.P. is and always will be the best there ever was in my book. When he was younger I thought he would be a great motocrosser but he was too busy "messing around" instead of pulling consistent laps. All those crashes from the many years of crazy jumps can and did take there toll on him and now the guy can barely walk so I can see why hes in a car now. And also hes not half bad behind the wheel either.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Step-up high jump coming up next....
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
McGrath is first one out :confused: He must be getting old like me also. Still got supermoto for a medal.
RC in X-Games I cant wait:joy: If I were a betting man Id put my money on him for the win....

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
It looked to me (from the overhead view cam) that the jump was built such that the bar was farther away if you went up the right side of the ramp??? Maybe it was just the camera angle.

That 4stroker guy really knew how to twist that bike around. He's the Fosberry Flop of step-up!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Brown's 50 foot drop/slam

YouTube - Jake Brown falls 50 feet X-Games 13 Big Air [Rate This..!!]
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
holy god that was horrible!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
OUCHConfusedmash:
Today we have the following

BMX Freestyle Park
SuperMoto
BMX Vert
Moto X Racing Round 1
Moto X Racing Round 2 and FINAL
Moto X Freestyle FINAL Home Depot Center

The supermoto, and moto x racing might not be seen on tv, but you can watch it on line at EXPN.com - Index
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
jake browns fall was nuts man cant believe he got up. they said he needs surgery now. forget what for torn ligements i think
Bruised liver.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Ricky wins moto x. Jake browns out of the hospital and says he cant wait for x games next year. :crazy:

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio