Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new truck!
So I picked up my new/old azz truck this weekend! It's a 1980 Chevy Custom 10 Scottsdale.

Now for the story behind this truck. Me and the original owner of it built it from the frame up last year. Everything is brand new. 350 has less than 500 miles on it, brand new Turbo 350 trans all new ring and pinions in both axles, new transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, 3 inch body lift, 4 inch suspension lift(not installed yet) All new steering linkage, and tons of other chit I'm forgetting. Bought it off of him for $4000. Alot considering how old the truck is but with all the new chit in it actually comes out to be a steal! That and I helped build it!

Now for the pics!!!!
[Image: S8000440.jpg]
[Image: S8000439.jpg]
[Image: S8000441.jpg]
[Image: S8000442.jpg]
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
And yes I know she needs a bath, but it's def. gonna see some off-road use!!!
nice
LOSI 8IGHT B.....o.s v-spec .21
DM-1....Mario Rossi Tuned .21
ROLLER NEEDED FOR....NovaRossi P5X
For an 1980 that body is in great condition. Nice truck. Just don't lend it to sisters and beat sisters that lend it to friends...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
ahh i see the gas company's loving you. btw nice truck
Confusedalute:Casterracingusa.com Confusedalute: TrueRC.comConfusedalute: Confusedalute:Fusionracingrc.com (Fusion Fluids) Confusedalute: Nitrotoyz.comConfusedalute:Thercshack.comConfusedalute:Fastlane-graphix.comConfusedalute:
A vehicle where you can see the ground thru the engine compartment...you don't see that nowadays!

So is it really loud with those headers?
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Thanks guy. Yeah it's a pig on gas but I'm only driving it during the weekends.

Quote:A vehicle where you can see the ground thru the engine compartment...you don't see that nowadays!

So is it really loud with those headers?

I don't like seeing the ground thru the engine compartment. I think it needs a 454. As for noise, it's actually really quiet. The exhaust is all brand new, with regular mufflers. Truck was originally for a 16 year old girl so didn't want it to be TO loud.

Quote:For an 1980 that body is in great condition. Nice truck
It took a lot of blood sweat and tears to get that body that straight! I think we painted it about 4 different times. Black shows all the waves and bumps in the body so we tried to get it a close as possible.
Nice truck Tommy
don't let anyone else drive it.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
squirrel Wrote:I don't like seeing the ground thru the engine compartment. I think it needs a 454. As for noise, it's actually really quiet. The exhaust is all brand new, with regular mufflers. Truck was originally for a 16 year old girl so didn't want it to be TO loud.

502cid....and open up that exhaust....unless you're really a 16YO girl Confusedmash:

baaaaWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
:flamer:
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Only person besides me that has or will drive it are my dad. My lil sis is afraid of it!

And Dave I don't want to open up the exhaust anymore than it already is. Got enough tickets on my record!
Exhaust diverter cut-outs from a offshore powerboat should solve the exhaust issues.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:Exhaust diverter cut-outs from a offshore powerboat should solve the exhaust issues.

Was thinking about some dumps!!! Gonna hold off until I figure out the paint first!
Look good. How many miles on the frame? etc.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
4" suspension lift? Thats it? C'mon dude lifter higher and stuff some 38's under there! I had an 86 K-5 blazer with a 6 suspension and was able to fit 38's under it as long as i didnt turn or hit a bump i would have been fine lol!( stuck them one once to see if they would fit) The largest i ever ran was a 36". My fav's where Ground Hawg 36x14.5x15. I wish i still had that truck. I sold it 3 years ago and still kick myself for it.
If at first you dont succeed, suck another seed!:crazy:

I talk to Jesus, he cuts my grass!
do i see ORANGE PEAL?!?!?!? lol nice truck
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Hoobajoob Wrote:4" suspension lift? Thats it? C'mon dude lifter higher and stuff some 38's under there! I had an 86 K-5 blazer with a 6 suspension and was able to fit 38's under it as long as i didnt turn or hit a bump i would have been fine lol!( stuck them one once to see if they would fit) The largest i ever ran was a 36". My fav's where Ground Hawg 36x14.5x15. I wish i still had that truck. I sold it 3 years ago and still kick myself for it.

I wish I had the money for the new tires! I just spent all my money on the truck! and the 4 inch came with it(threw it in to sweeten the deal). I'm actually debating on doing that because the tires will look a little small till I can afford new ones.

Quote:Look good. How many miles on the frame? etc.

Frame probably has about 140k or 240k. Not sure about it. But it's in very nice condition, sandblasted it before painting and there were no cracks or rust on it.

Quote:do i see ORANGE PEAL?!?!?!? lol nice truck

If your talking about the tailgate it's just dirt. She needs a bath! The paint isn't the best on it, that and it's black so you can see every minor defect.

But thanks for the compliments, this truck means a lot to me!

Side note, got some highway driving in today on it and I can tell you,
1. suspension is way to stiff!!!!!
2. Steering is really loose!!!
3. Tons of bump steer!
4. Motor is way to small for the truck(can't even break the tires loose around a turn!!!!!!)
5. Massive blind spots on this truck!
6. I LOVE IT!!!
i was actually just busting ur balls llol
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
To late shes already got em! I fell into a trap!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big electric monster truck ricrush 14 3,259 10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Last Post: 77chevy4x4
  New truck from Axial. Looks pretty cool! Thirdgen89GTA 15 6,639 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  FG Show Truck W/ Custom Roll Cage looker2756 5 3,832 08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  viper VS. Doge deisel truck Meatwad 11 2,163 06-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  Check out this "Beer Truck" BJoe 7 1,462 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Last Post: blktransam
  ~ My New Truck ~ BottledBeast 20 2,765 03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Last Post: BottledBeast
  Fast Truck UE-Maxx 33 5,566 03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Last Post: maxximum_44
  One Tuff Truck bandit 11 2,189 02-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Last Post: snakebite46
  Got My Truck Back Together UE-Maxx 38 5,232 01-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  Spy shot!! Traxxas' newest truck to compete with Mini LST! DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 6 1,920 12-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty