Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer virus!!! HELP!!!!!!!
so my wife decides she wants to get on my computer a start a myspace page. fine.
problem is, she's completley computer eliterate. she starts downloading all this crap and so on.
now, everytime i try to go online i get slammed with all these ads like every 2 seconds....I CAN BARELY TYPE A FRIGGIN SENTENCE BEFORE I GET SLAMMED!!!
and i can type pretty damn fast.
also, after bout 10 mins, my browser completley shuts down and i have to sign back in. ITS FREAKIN DRIVING ME TO THE POINT OF KICKING A HOLE THROUGH THE THING!!

heres what ive done so far...
ive done a virus scan with 2 different programs (AVG and AD-AWARE) together they found fifty plus virus's that ive quarentined.
still.....same problem

PLEASE SOME1 HELP!!
LOSI 8IGHT B.....o.s v-spec .21
DM-1....Mario Rossi Tuned .21
ROLLER NEEDED FOR....NovaRossi P5X
Get a divorce....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
OH YEAH...i do also have a pop up blocker and my firewall is set on high
Go back and get the AVG spyware/adware scanner....run that I bet it will find a BUNCH of adware.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ponch Wrote:Get a divorce....

lmao...you dont understand....i just got my computer back from a friend that put a new hard drive in it because of her doin the same thing.

then she gets pissed off at me when i snap about it.

i dont get it.......i use the comp problem free, she gets on and the thing starts growling and chit!!
Ponch Wrote:Go back and get the AVG spyware/adware scanner....run that I bet it will find a BUNCH of adware.

i have......TWICE
Wipe it, and re-install the OS.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:Wipe it, and re-install the OS.

+1

and pw protect it from her using it Wink
When it's that bad, reinstalling the os might be the only option. It'll take far less time then trying to clean it out too.
whats her myspace page????
Meatwad Wrote:whats her myspace page????

LMAO!!! Desperate for some pictures, huh? LOL, just messin' with ya meat.
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:Wipe it, and re-install the OS.

i dont know what that means?:confused:
He means reinstall Windows.
lol....os = operating system....doh!!

yeah, i did that and i also purchased the full version of ad-ware....

seems to be workin fine now.....I HOPE
so im still having an issue with my home page just shutting down after bout 10 mins...can any1 help with that.

ive fixed the crazy ads issue though:banana::banana::banana:
I would def wipe the HD over chasing a never ending trail of crap. If you need a hand with it, let me know.

Tim
timmi79 Wrote:I would def wipe the HD over chasing a never ending trail of crap. If you need a hand with it, let me know.

Tim

yes... please help

i thought i had it under control, but its only gettin worse
it does it still after you formatted the drive? perhapes its a long shot tho. your sector 0 on your harddrive is infected or writing to. happened to me once. even if you format the drive it will still be there. it probably didnt happen but could have. best bet look in add or remove programs in control panel and see if there are any programs you didnt add. my daughter d/l some stuff and totally fubar her putter. so many ads and pop ups sounds like same thing thats happeing with yours
Try Adaware and Spybot (both free from download.com) to clean the offending file. If that does not work. If you hit CTRL, ALT, DEL and look at what application is grabbing CPUs in the processes tab. Try "end process" from there to kill the offending app. Then remove the app and reboot.

Hope this helps.
Easy Come...Easy Go!!!!!
warbunny1 Wrote:Try Adaware and Spybot (both free from download.com) to clean the offending file. If that does not work. If you hit CTRL, ALT, DEL and look at what application is grabbing CPUs in the processes tab. Try "end process" from there to kill the offending app. Then remove the app and reboot.

Hope this helps.

ive tried the, control alt delete, but when that box pops up....i really dont understand whats what....

also, i have the version of ad-aware that you actually pay for..pro
and i clean clean some more...but that barrage of ads just doesnt stop...
i even have the ad-watch runnin that is supposed to zap them before they pop up which works for a lil bit....but i think so many are comin in that it just overwhealms it.
im really at a loss here, a friend of mine told me to bring my tower to him and he'd wipe it out and re-install everything and put some crazy coporate edition virus blocker on that id never have to pay for...so i think im bout to do that
Do you have a windows disk? Put in in the DVD drive and follow the instructions, don't partition your HDD again, just wipe everything on your HDD. If you have stuff on there you need try to put it on disks or an external HDD if you have one.

Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:Do you have a windows disk? Put in in the DVD drive and follow the instructions, don't partition your HDD again, just wipe everything on your HDD. If you have stuff on there you need try to put it on disks or an external HDD if you have one.

no i dont have it anymore....have no clue what happened to it
I would find someone that has one to try that first. It's pretty expensive.

warbunny1 Wrote:Try Adaware and Spybot (both free from download.com) to clean the offending file. If that does not work. If you hit CTRL, ALT, DEL and look at what application is grabbing CPUs in the processes tab. Try "end process" from there to kill the offending app. Then remove the app and reboot.

Hope this helps.

so i just got done downloading and runni that spybot program....ive bben online for like 15mins and i havent been hit with a single ad.......YET

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON SPYBOT WARBUNNY:beer::joy::banana::headbang::beer::joy::banana::headbang:

hopefully it holds up...ill keep ya's posted

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT OFFERED HELP....this chit was begining to drive me:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Rob, if you can't get it fixed with those programs let me know I've got some professional tools to get rid of crap like that. The kind of professional tools that will really screw your machine up if you delete the wrong files.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  computer help needed cemeb4dk 20 3,878 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Anyone Need a computer/Office desk cemeb4dk 3 1,353 03-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Last Post: cemeb4dk
  New computer: 15 inch macbook pro! t to the maxx2 16 2,891 12-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Last Post: rocco79
  Computer Question Ponch 8 2,444 11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  computer problems.... kevinF 5 1,174 08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Last Post: cr4sh_27
  Need help once again (computer) rocco79 3 1,388 07-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Carbo
  Need some computer help... rocco79 13 2,562 06-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  Jet computer chip Michowski 28 3,838 08-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Michowski
  Computer help Traxxas_Junkee 3 1,167 06-13-2006, 08:55 PM