Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking Ban Statewide as of Jan 1 2008
Will this effect leisure hours raceway? And if it will, what will the smoking pit room turn into, just another pit room (overflow?)?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ponch Wrote:Will this effect leisure hours raceway? And if it will, what will the smoking pit room turn into, just another pit room (overflow?)?

who knows,
ill tell ya what, i gotta quit smoking. several resturaunts that i eat at have already put the ban into affect!!
LOSI 8IGHT B.....o.s v-spec .21
DM-1....Mario Rossi Tuned .21
ROLLER NEEDED FOR....NovaRossi P5X
who cares, it shouldn't unless somebody complains about it...TTT Smile
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
From what I understand is it will only be in public places (not privately owned businesses) however the new law will require every restaurant to have a designated smoking and non-smoking area, that also applies to bars, so I would think that most bars will make the whole bar smoke free, that way they wouldn't have to put up another room and bar....

maybe?:confused:

If that is the case then LHR would be fine, they have a non-smoking sectionand a smoking section.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:From what I understand is it will only be in public places (not privately owned businesses) however the new law will require every restaurant to have a designated smoking and non-smoking area, that also applies to bars, so I would think that most bars will make the whole bar smoke free, that way they wouldn't have to put up another room and bar....

maybe?:confused:

If that is the case then LHR would be fine, they have a non-smoking sectionand a smoking section.

See I think that's what it already was pretty much...They're talking a total ban, they said something about buisness owners getting a fine if they let people smoke I think it was like 250 first time, 500 second time, 1000 third and 2500 every time after that (something like that)....
I don't think the government has any business in telling business owners how to run their business.

If they want to have a smoking section and a non-smoking section, fine, if they want to have the whole place non-smoking, fine, if you can smoke in the whole place fine. If you don't like it, go to a different restaurant.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
i think its good, we need less smokers in teh world

Smokers are jokers.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
we flushed ur sin sticks down to hell

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:we flushed ur sin sticks down to hell

I totally forgot that "smokers are jokers" was from the simpsons until you said that.
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
lol

Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:I don't think the government has any business in telling business owners how to run their business.

If they want to have a smoking section and a non-smoking section, fine, if they want to have the whole place non-smoking, fine, if you can smoke in the whole place fine. If you don't like it, go to a different restaurant.

I AGREE
see I dont smoke cigs Smile....but I do drink everynight I have at leaste one...my father smokes and has a good point would u rather drive to cali with him smoking and driving or drive with me drinking and driving...how many deaths do u read about a gu drinking and smoking vs drinking and driving?..if they ban smoking in public places they should ban drinking becuase (the gov. is banning smoking for your health) so they say...so in conclussion I hate smoke as much as the non-smoker sitting next to me but think this is over the top.
Cars should be banned before smoking, if public health is really the issue.
You're never to old to be immature
:eek:
8igth 2.0
thanks to:
http://www.slickhobbies.com Burnside, KY/Littleton Co.
KillerB Racing
1994 yahama Phazer II LE snowmobile for sale..
Naa, lawnmowers first...I think the emissions on those were equivalent to 40 or so cars running for equal time....
blktransam Wrote:see I dont smoke cigs Smile....but I do drink everynight I have at leaste one...my father smokes and has a good point would u rather drive to cali with him smoking and driving or drive with me drinking and driving...how many deaths do u read about a gu drinking and smoking vs drinking and driving?..if they ban smoking in public places they should ban drinking becuase (the gov. is banning smoking for your health) so they say...so in conclussion I hate smoke as much as the non-smoker sitting next to me but think this is over the top.

you do know smoking kills more people than car crashes and murder combined
TEAM DENTTEK HACKING OUR WAY TO THE TOP!!!!!!

THE ANGRY PEAR IS BACK
and one person smoking effects the people not smoking around them, drinking in public will not directly hurt the people around you...thats up to you lol

blah blah, f***ing blah!!!

this is supposed to be a free f***ing country!! if some1 wants to f***ing smoke, LIGHT'EM UP!!

For all the whiners complaining about the smoke....Go somewhere smoke free, a$$hole.

that is allConfusedmash:
why should i have to go somewhere else because someone wishes to put toxic chemicals in their lungs and mine? it is a free f****** isnt it?

just another incentive for me to get the hell outta this stupid state down to a state that belives in our freedoms. I am really begining to absolutly hate living here.
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Forget the whole "Smoking vs Non-Smoking" part for a minute... The real issue here, is the Government trying to control even more of our lives, under the "Blanket" of making us "safer". They can't (or more acurately, WON'T) do anything about Gang violence, because it may result in one of their "officials" getting hurt, so they go after the little guys, who AREN'T doing anything to directly harm them.

Besides, aren't there more important things for our LAME excuse for a Governor to be dealing with, like the State budget that was supposed to be agreed on 2 months ago? They still haven't been able to come to an agreement on that, but "...let's take a sidetrack, and attack smokers. It'll be ok, their taxes are paying our overtime..."
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
Austin(where I'm from) is already a smoke free city and it's kinda cool going to the bar and having it smoke free. Then the smokers (me) migrate outside for a change of scenery for 10 mins....not a bad deal.

I thought auto collisions accounted for more deaths than smoking, I guess I read wrong....
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
thenewguy821 Wrote:Forget the whole "Smoking vs Non-Smoking" part for a minute... The real issue here, is the Government trying to control even more of our lives, under the "Blanket" of making us "safer". They can't (or more acurately, WON'T) do anything about Gang violence, because it may result in one of their "officials" getting hurt, so they go after the little guys, who AREN'T doing anything to directly harm them.

Besides, aren't there more important things for our LAME excuse for a Governor to be dealing with, like the State budget that was supposed to be agreed on 2 months ago? They still haven't been able to come to an agreement on that, but "...let's take a sidetrack, and attack smokers. It'll be ok, their taxes are paying our overtime..."

dude i couldnt agree with you more......

czech......im sure if you were THAT CONCERNED FOR YOUR HEALTH, you would find a place that you like to go to that suited your health better.
i highly doubt that you would walk into the middle of a gun battle because you wanted to hang out there, you would deffinatley go somewhere else.
thats my point.
people smoke, you dont like it...go somewhere else.
ganag bangers shoot people, you dont wanna get shot...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

LMAO....YEAH YEAH, I KNOW....stupid analogyRolleyes
Tex Wrote:I thought auto collisions accounted for more deaths than smoking, I guess I read wrong....

I think it's auto accidents, homocide, suicide, and somewhere after that is where smoking is (think it's still up there in the top 10 though)