Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heeeellp
anybody ever temporaroly fixed a cracked gas tank??how
shoegoo
Heat up a soldering iron and run it along the crack, make sure not to poke thru though you just want it to melt the outer plastic....
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
i started another tank on fire.lol and driped the hot plastic over the crack think that will work
Probably not, but now that you got the extra plastic on there, I would run the soldering iron over the crack.
well its not leaking anymore.
Meatwad Wrote:anybody ever temporaroly fixed a cracked gas tank??how

dont try to fix it....thats ghetto!!

a new tank is $15-$20 tops

some of you guys crack me up....shoe goo will only hold up untill the nitro eats through it which is usually sooner than u can run through 1 gal.

if you melt it with iron, you will just be creating a thin brittle area that will re-crack with any sort of impact.

and setting another fuel tank on fire to drip over another one has got to be...
THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER HEARD!!
LOSI 8IGHT B.....o.s v-spec .21
DM-1....Mario Rossi Tuned .21
ROLLER NEEDED FOR....NovaRossi P5X
cr4sh_27 Wrote:and setting another fuel tank on fire to drip over another one has got to be...

I have thought that alot of times while talking to/reading good ole Meat's posts, I just don't bother to reply anymore and roll my eyes. RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Traxxas_Junkee Wrote:I have thought that alot of times while talking to/reading good ole Meat's posts, I just don't bother to reply anymore and roll my eyes. RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

LMAO
cr4sh_27 Wrote:dont try to fix it....thats ghetto!!

a new tank is $15-$20 tops

some of you guys crack me up....shoe goo will only hold up untill the nitro eats through it which is usually sooner than u can run through 1 gal.

if you melt it with iron, you will just be creating a thin brittle area that will re-crack with any sort of impact.

and setting another fuel tank on fire to drip over another one has got to be...

ANY other time iwould have just bought a new tank. but i did not know it was cracked until like 8 pm on friday and i had a family picnic at noon in zion on saturday. als doesnt open till noon. ok and TJ i dont give a f@#$, dont you have a starter box wheel to power with a dremel???
godd this forum blows lately....
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
It's all piddly kid shit......
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
Meatwad Wrote:dont you have a starter box wheel to power with a dremel???

Hey dude shut the heck up....that wasn't even him wtf are you thinking?????!?!

That was me =) hehehe
Meatwad Wrote:ANY other time iwould have just bought a new tank. but i did not know it was cracked until like 8 pm on friday and i had a family picnic at noon in zion on saturday. als doesnt open till noon. ok and TJ i dont give a f@#$, dont you have a starter box wheel to power with a dremel???

sorry dude...wasnt tryin to b nasty

but ya gotta see how dumb that is
Meathead.... get me a bigger pic of your avatar. I think I know the girl and she is too young for you and out of your league. Haha
Never mind.... I found the original. Yep, its who I thought. Too young, and out of your league..... and the car is a Scion. Baaad combination man.
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Never mind.... I found the original. Yep, its who I thought. Too young, and out of your league..... and the car is a Scion. Baaad combination man.

Boy can't even put up an avatar without getting owned here!

And Dan his hands out of his league!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Meathead.... get me a bigger pic of your avatar. I think I know the girl and she is too young for you and out of your league. Haha

shes 17. and yeah and so what shes out of my league. IDC its my avatar
squirrel Wrote:Boy can't even put up an avatar without getting owned here!

And Dan his hands out of his league!

Tommy STFU. leave me alone
Oh this is just grand. Haha And its a SCION!! I already told her I was disapointed with her...
Meatwad Wrote:Tommy STFU. leave me alone

Ok, wouldn't want to hurt your feelings! I was just serious I mean kidding anyways!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PAIN; THE INK AND THE JEWELRY ARE JUST SOUVENIERS
How big is the crack in the tank? Can you just run it and deal with a little spillage or is it pouring out? I think of all things, silicone sealant would work best. Its good enough to seal engines right?
You're never to old to be immature
it was only dripping. it hit a electric box at full throttle andd it didnt recrack so i guess i fixed it
lmao tommy ur gonna make him cry
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
mikeh Wrote:How big is the crack in the tank? Can you just run it and deal with a little spillage or is it pouring out? I think of all things, silicone sealant would work best. Its good enough to seal engines right?

ANY SORT OF CRACK IS NO GOOD....

once the fuel level drops below the crack it leans the engine out becaus it starts sucking air!!!

JUS GET A NEW 1