Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building my kit
I am building the MBX5T that I bought from SLOW yesterday, and while putting together the center differential, I noticed in the manual it said to use the S3 o-rings on the lower gears, but not the upper ones. Is this how it should be or is it a typo? Thanks in advance!
you want orings on the outdrives, not the cross pins. I think the S3 are the tiny ones on the cross pins?You can toss them in the trash.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
MX_KEVIN Wrote:you want orings on the outdrives, not the cross pins. I think the S3 are the tiny ones on the cross pins?You can toss them in the trash.

I only used them in the front, and on the bottom crosspin in the center. Once I get used to the way the truck drives, I'll start experimenting with the diffs and stuff. I'm just following the manual for now.

Thanks for the help!
oK oK ok....

Do not use those lil o-rings in your diffs...... I repeat, do NOT use them... They will make your diffs feel as though you are running a much heavier oil than what you are and WILL infact make it harder to find a set-up for you...

All the set-ups you will find on the net are set-ups without the tiny o-rings
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
their just in there to lessen the diff action. must don't use them because they say there not as consistent from run to run. There's a lot of setup to try, but just about every one of them uses 7/10/3 for the diffs with no small o'rings.
No biggie, run the way they are till you get the hang of that awesome truck. You will be back in them diffs soon anyway.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
the ttr has those but they are for stoping the diff from leaking thats prolly what they are for on the mugen too
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
I didint use them cause a few mugen owners recommended not to use them. Its a nice truck man i just finished most of mine today, all i got left is the shocks, and to paint the body and thats it. But one thing that was pretty weird was that the diffs do leak alot. I didint sand the cups yet because i just wanted to build it and when im done im gonna redo the diffs but i left the center diff out overnight and went to a friends house and when i came back there was about 3 or 4 cm of oil in line on the cup.
Rolleyes They maybe you should have sanded the cups????
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
motoxer4life Wrote:I didint use them cause a few mugen owners recommended not to use them. Its a nice truck man i just finished most of mine today, all i got left is the shocks, and to paint the body and thats it. But one thing that was pretty weird was that the diffs do leak alot. I didint sand the cups yet because i just wanted to build it and when im done im gonna redo the diffs but i left the center diff out overnight and went to a friends house and when i came back there was about 3 or 4 cm of oil in line on the cup.

then u did something wrong cause they shouldnt leak like that.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
ya i know im gonna sand the cups and idk where the sandpaper was so im gonna get it all setup tomorrow like tuned and all.
personally... If you use a longer screw to fasten the spur or the ring gears to the cup you can tighten the hell out of them and then the gasket will conform to the cup and make up for any irregularities...
I might have to try that if i keep having this problem.
or just get ttr diffs

??? Lay of the ganja....
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:the ttr has those but they are for stoping the diff from leaking thats prolly what they are for on the mugen too

Hey Mikey, them mugens have a groove to put orings behind the gears that are on the cross pins. Between a gear and a shim. We also have them bigger ones for the outdrives.

And if you leaked that much something is wrong. My diff fluid is usually smoked, not missing. I sanded diffs, used 2 gaskets, and cranked them down with them longer screws as rocco stated...No Leak

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
mines got the ngroove

^^ hey stupid....put it down you cant type...Wink

+98
Does anyone have a link to the bigger screws?
and does the tank guard even screw into anything? In the manual it says to to screw it into the carbon fiber but its not threaded.
i believe it mounts to the center diff, there are just through holes in the plastc

you may have the carbon piece on backwords.....there are holes in it for the tank guard....it goes under the carbon piece and the screws go thru it.

oh i got it. The screws come in through the bottom of the cf?
Mugen has very easy to follow illustrations / instructions Smile
motoxer4life Wrote:oh i got it. The screws come in through the bottom of the cf?

No, you are supposed to install the tank guard from underneath the carbon fiber, and put the screws in through the top.

Hey, motoxer, did your kit come with 6 spacers(3 for each side) for the rear uprights? My kit is missing them. There is one thin one, a thicker one, and then a really thick one.

These: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info...ts_id/1823

It looks like they are attached with the plastic uprights that come with the standard kit, but us Prospec guys get left out? lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Need Help Building Track in Chicago ChgoSlingshot 7 3,829 11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Last Post: chickenfarmer3
  Building a new Savage basher. mikeh 20 3,114 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Building a New Revo, SLOW REVO 16 2,352 05-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Last Post: tab1972
  I hate building shocks!!! bandit 6 1,746 01-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Last Post: PoPRC
  Building my own track RCDad 48 6,763 07-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Last Post: satoch