Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED a New Car
ok so i need suggestions. The budget is 10K.
I want something that is fast. Ive been looking at A 98 prelude,but idk i want something a little faster. What should i get???
dodge neon srt-4 used i beleive is right around that price. very quick lil ride
geo metro
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ford Pinto! Can't get much better then that!:drool:
you could even pick up a late 90's mustang gt, early 90's camaro that are in decent shape
Stay away from a Prelude IMO, as well as an SRT-4. The dodges are fast neon death machines. They are quick, but I would never own one. In the wrong hands they can be quite dangerous. Lots of power and handling characteristics that make it feel planted...... but it isn't. You would kill yourself.

If you want fast and cheap go with a Mustang. Tons of parts available cheap with endless knowledge out there. Now you could still kill yourself in one of these, but I think it would be a nicer car to own and work on. Though you will be working on it more.
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Stay away from a Prelude IMO, as well as an SRT-4. The dodges are fast neon death machines. They are quick, but I would never own one. In the wrong hands they can be quite dangerous. Lots of power and handling characteristics that make it feel planted...... but it isn't. You would kill yourself.

If you want fast and cheap go with a Mustang. Tons of parts available cheap with endless knowledge out there. Now you could still kill yourself in one of these, but I think it would be a nicer car to own and work on. Though you will be working on it more.

dont take this as a flame job but you cracked me up with this comment.
ANYTHING IN THE WRONG HANDS CAN BE POTENTIALLY DEADLY.

but the best horsepower per dollar is hands down the neon srt-4
Preludes are nice. They don't make them anymore though, Nice little sports car if you can get a stick shift. The engine is rock Solid too. Make sure you get one that's been maintained and it will last you a LONG time. I work on well Maintained Hondas at Work, and 99% of the ones I work on have 250 thousond miles.

If you want my opinion, Anything Honda will be reliable. I wouldnt buy a Dodge, the transmissions are Garbage, even after the mercedes merger. Mustang, being a ford is garbage. This is a biased opinion, but I'll tell you I never find anything wrong with Hondas, even though 90% of them have 100k plus miles.
LSP lots of Khz, Werks .28 8 port.

Revo 2.5, TRX 3.3 Engine, Center Diff. Fast and Turns on a dime.
J-Dub Wrote:Preludes are nice. They don't make them anymore though, Nice little sports car if you can get a stick shift. The engine is rock Solid too. Make sure you get one that's been maintained and it will last you a LONG time. I work on well Maintained Hondas at Work, and 99% of the ones I work on have 250 thousond miles.

If you want my opinion, Anything Honda will be reliable. I wouldnt buy a Dodge, the transmissions are Garbage, even after the mercedes merger. Mustang, being a ford is garbage. This is a biased opinion, but I'll tell you I never find anything wrong with Hondas, even though 90% of them have 100k plus miles.

i have to agree with j-dub on the hondas....the v-tec is a zippy engine once you hit bout 7000rpm
but i have to disagree with the statement regarding dodge tranny. the tranny issues were in the nineties, dodge has since ironed out the kinks and they are just as reliable as most out there.
It's just my biased opinion. Im not hating on Dodge. I just see horror storys in the shop all the time. I've taken them apart at school and they are just terribly designed.

Neons suck, you'll get torn up by everything on the street, Its wrong wheel drive and a neon to boot, by an american muscle car, parts are cheap and you'll F*** up hondas all day! Just get ready to work on them, they need alot of TLC.
Whitey just made my point. Lol...

I'd rather have something that's not 'fast' and starts every morning.
than have to work on my own car...I hate that, I work on other peoples cars 40 hours a week.

viper in a diaper
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
For 10 grand, I would look around for a good Nissan Maxima. 200-250hp depending on the year. I had an 02 with 250 hp and it just flew!
You're never to old to be immature
I have a '98 Max with 190hp and it's plenty for most situations short of drag racing and highway top-end racing. Knocks down 26mpg on the highway, too. I have 125,000 miles on it, but brakes ahve been a consyany maint item over the years. Otherwise, I love the Maxima.

For daily "drive it and forget it" you can't beat a Honda or Toyota. The reliability is outstanding. I'm on my third Accord and they have never let me stranded or disappointed.

Right now you can get good deals on the "old" Camry (used) because of the new model.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Whitey04 Wrote:Just get ready to work on them, they need alot of TLC.

not all mustangs are like mine Smile
member of the smackahoe tribe Confusedlap:

Violator 9.5 Jammin CRT Kyosho Inferno GT HPI MT
the more i think about it, i dont know if i want a nice driver or a spectator racing car for sycamore speedwayIdea.
whitey lets see ur mustang...
You could see if that AMC Gremlin someone posted is still for sale!
You're never to old to be immature
It is, it's in my neighbor's driveway!
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
blktransam Wrote:whitey lets see ur mustang...

Seen it. One word. Terminator. Still effective on the street.

For 10k, screw "older" f-body, or mustang. Go for the kill and get a LSx f-body. Add drag radials, and a 9.5" 3600 stall (if auto) and you'll go 12's all day long without losing a drop of reliability.

Or do a cam/headers and go 12's but with less traction, more fun on the highway though.

10k a fair chunk of change.
u can buy a fox body in good shape for 3-4k...heads cam intake for another 2 grand, a set of gears and 31 spline axles with a spool for another 6 hundred trow on a s or t trim for another 2k and run in the 10's and not loose any streetability....and have some money left over for some long tubes wheels etc etc etc...been their done that over and over again....
Get a mustang
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
prolly rocco. then i can race you
yeah....
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune