Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please do me a favor..
and join this site...and say I (nitrodude) refered you there.

http://rc-utopia.com/index.php

Im just trying to help this site get started.

Thanks for anyone who helps Rolleyes
site is off-line at the moment...I'll try later or tomorra
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Ya i saw that RIGHT oafter i posted this! lol

thanks alot...the site needs some new members, so feel free to join! Smile
nitrodude Wrote:and join this site...and say I (nitrodude) refered you there.

http://rc-utopia.com/index.php

Im just trying to help this site get started.

Thanks for anyone who helps Rolleyes

SITE IS NOW WORKING AGAIN!
PLEASE SIGN UP!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Eh, why not
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Wheel
Wreck
Wrench
Repeat [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just call me Zack
Thank you Smile
Suprised few the amount of people is that signed up so far.
thanks to those that did, and to those that did not....its a free site what i ask you to do is PLEASE say that i (nitrodude) refered you there.
It only takes a few minutes to sign up, so why not?
Dude, why does it say your location is Florida? Nice, I see why you're wanting everyone to join!:p:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
What do you get for referring people and what does this site offer that others don't?? I won't join based on a "it needs members" basis.
It said something about winning a whole $10 for the most posts or something! That has to have something to do with him wanting everyone to join, maybe he's getting a kickback from the owner?? Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:What do you get for referring people and what does this site offer that others don't?? I won't join based on a "it needs members" basis.
+1 :confused: Smile
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
He probably gets a reward like being a mod or something.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
ding ding ding....traxxas junkee guess it, lol

well atleast im trying...

And ya bubbaracing got that right too....if you post and no one else does within 24hrs after you, you win a WHOLE ten bucks! lol

Also bubbaracing i live in Florida....

FreeRideFrosty...why not join? its free...takes seconds...and your helping a site get started, whats not to love?? AND you have a chance to win 10 bucks!
Oh and thanks dave for joining
Some constructive criticism and some pointers for your friend...

1. Far too many forums for a beginner site. Make the site look like a ghost town. Less forums with more posts look better than alot of forums and low posts. You don't want the appearance of a ghost town.

2. Begging won't get you very far. Offer a good service and lots of information and the people will come. Word of mouth is a much more powerfull way to advertise than posting on other forums begging for people to join.

3. Your friend should get rid of that default skin ASAP. You don't want to give the impression of a board that was thrown together overnight.

4. To be successful, a site NEEDS to offer something no one else has. Learn from my mistakes. My first crack at running a site with forums was a failure. This site had more posts, more members, more everything in 6 months than my first site did in 2 years.

What did I offer over everyone else you might ask? When I started this site, it was the only chicago based rc site with a discussion forum. Previously all you could do to setup bash and race sessions and have discussions with other locals around you was to find the chicago threads burried within the huge forums.

Pass this info along to him and wish him the best of luck with his new venture for me!
looks identical to chitown
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Mr. Tune Wrote:Some constructive criticism and some pointers for your friend...

1. Far too many forums for a beginner site. Make the site look like a ghost town. Less forums with more posts look better than alot of forums and low posts. You don't want the appearance of a ghost town.

2. Begging won't get you very far. Offer a good service and lots of information and the people will come. Word of mouth is a much more powerfull way to advertise than posting on other forums begging for people to join.

3. Your friend should get rid of that default skin ASAP. You don't want to give the impression of a board that was thrown together overnight.

4. To be successful, a site NEEDS to offer something no one else has. Learn from my mistakes. My first crack at running a site with forums was a failure. This site had more posts, more members, more everything in 6 months than my first site did in 2 years.

What did I offer over everyone else you might ask? When I started this site, it was the only chicago based rc site with a discussion forum. Previously all you could do to setup bash and race sessions and have discussions with other locals around you was to find the chicago threads burried within the huge forums.

Pass this info along to him and wish him the best of luck with his new venture for me!

No problem ill send him this now...
He says he's working on the skins, the forums will stay, i have things that others dont, and that he's not beggin i am, lol

And also he said thanks for the pointers! Smile
what's the harm...sign up, get ND his referrals...you don't have to live over there.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:what's the harm...sign up, get ND his referrals...you don't have to live over there.

See? Dave gets it Smile
Thanks buddy
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:what's the harm...sign up, get ND his referrals...you don't have to live over there.

I don't want to sound like an ass but I don't think that someone should be made a mod based on the number of referrals that they have, nor should a reward be given for most posts. I see nothing but negative effects coming from both options.....
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:I don't want to sound like an ass but I don't think that someone should be made a mod based on the number of referrals that they have, nor should a reward be given for most posts. I see nothing but negative effects coming from both options.....

Wheres the reward for most posts?
Only thing like that is the 10$ to the person who posts last, and has NO ONE post after them for 24 hours...which will never happen. its pretty much just to meet people...

Not only does having more referals make you a mod...its a harder then that, lol
we at http://www.rc-utopia.com/index.php offer an arcade now.
We also have a shoutbox on the hompage, which is almost like an instant messanger but for all registered users to talk about anything! (please keep pg-13)
We are also getting a gallery installed.

Theres that and much more here at rc-utopia.com so register when you can and have a great stay Smile
I’m curious, but wasn’t this site spammed on some of the other forums before?

I won’t join until the site has proven it self with more active members (just because there might be 1,000,000 members, it doesn’t mean there is that many people who actually post on that site) to make it worth my time (I all ready go on 9 different RC related forums, why should I go to another on just beacuse).
TEAM CFX RACING
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down. Confusedalute:
evil3 paint works<-- my site lol(AKA PyroMike, carbonmadness)
Umm if you think about it, if everyone was like you and wont join a site just because it has few members, there wouldnt ever be any members on any site. That is why i posted this thread to get MORE memebers!!!!
I dont understand either all you have to do is register and check it out, if you like it stay if not leave. Very simple, its not like were forcing you to be on this site for your entire life. All i ask is you go on register if you seem to like it thats great if not exit out and dont go back on, not hard.

Ok im done ranting now Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lookin for a favor t to the maxx2 5 1,201 02-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Last Post: t to the maxx2