Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have 1/5 scales ?
I was wondering if anyone here has any 1/5 scale vehicles ? Like FG, Smartech, MCD, HPI, Duratrax ? I'm going to be getting one here very soon. I have spent a couple years around them now & they are Extremely Awesome. In a week I start work full time at largescalerc.com. Most of you have probably seen the ads in RCDriver or RCCarAction. We are building an amazing track & have a ton of fun to have !!

Calling all largescale R/C owners !

http://largescalerc.com
firesprink does thats all i know for sure
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
yup i have a fg stadium monster

[Image: Picture040.jpg]

large scale is a great site. molzer is ok but not as good for parts. but they have some good set up tips

http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/

what kind are you going to get? mdc has the power, but fg has the durability.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
Chicago Local 281, protecting lives and property for over 100 years.
Lawn sprinklers save your grass, Fire sprinklers save your a$$
Very interested, are we talking on or off road? Real organized racing?
I wan't a 1/5 scale onroad but don't have the cash right now.....
yeaaaaaah!

http://www.largescalerc.com/FGF1Sportline.html
rawk is getting a onroad but it might b a 1/7 scale, im not sure
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:I wan't a 1/5 scale onroad but don't have the cash right now.....

Sell one of your bicycles! Smile
I will get an MCD first. It will be Bad to the Bone, I'm sure. With 4 wheel drive it is amazing how they handle in the corners. I'm also hoping to get an HPI 5b real soon. I've made several laps with one on the track layout & it is a freakin' blast !! This is going to be an awesome track & Yes it will be real organized racing. The thing is we've been racing & know the drill, but have never ran a full scale race this big. There will be AMB timing & an Awesome track. I have been around these guys since the begining of largescalerc.com. It's been very interesting to watch. They race 1/4 scale on-roads as well, but have to travel to do that right now. I know of about 6 guys he's sold 5b's to in the Chicago area, That say they will be here every weekend racing. There are at least 4 of us here that are ready to race. Who knows how many total could actually be there. They are planning a big even some time hopefully this year. The plans for it have already started. It includes people from all over the U.S. shipping their vehicles to us & getting on planes & coming to race it up !! This could literally be a first time ever kinda event. Including RCDriver & RCCarAction magazines possibly there for a full on Shop & Race coverage !!!

The future looks bright, in the Fun catagory !
what is the location of the track? How far from Chicago?
It's in Monon Indiana. That is about 35 miles north of Lafayette Indiana. I live in Monticello Indiana & I'm 5 miles from there. Indiana Beach for the family after some racing or before or during !! Ha Ha
moliver Wrote:Sell one of your bicycles! Smile

I am working on it. I have a revo to buy first that I had to temporarily back out on. I feel terrible on it but I am getting a once in a lifetime deal on a JBL pro audio setup for my house from a family friend. That comes first, then revo, then an onroad......
I feel like I'm capable of giving good advise now. But by the time your ready, Give me a shout. You were talking on-road, I watched an MCD rally car be put through it's paces in a parking lot a week or so ago. When it comes to the absolute coolest drifting I've EVER seen in an R/C form. This thing would look / act & drive like a full sized car. Hooking up good in the straits & stable in the corners. The options are amazing up to & including a true F1 car by FG with the lay down shock suspension and all. I've watched several groups of people show up to by 1 or more cars. We will load up all of the different models & go for a test drive. The proof of these vehicles is in driving them & seeing what they are capable of.

firesprink281, Thats an awesome FG you got. Love the paint work. Is it still that shiny ?
For all your Large Scale R/C needs
MCD / FG / HPI
I found these couple of pictures of MCD cars with bodies off. Both are 4wd. One is a Rally on-road car & one is a Racerunner off-road buggy. With a few mods., pipes mainly. The Racerunner off-road car in the middle ( last pic. ) was car #1. It has been driven since & still now as a test vehicle & has ran nearly 60mph verified. We have customers that have ran nearly 70. Verified by local authorities. Ha Ha

[Image: Picture199.jpg]

[Image: Picture211.jpg]

[Image: 3Amigos.jpg]
MCD / FG / HPI
i wish it was. a couple of roof slides and some nasty cart wheels scratched it up.
10/8/1871- the great Chicago fire. Approximately 250 people were killed in the fire; 98,500 people were left homeless; 17,450 buildings were destroyed along with the original Emancipation Proclamation.
So do these come RTR?? How are the stock servos and how available are upgrades? How much fuel goes through these motors before you need to consider a new motor?
You can get them RTR. A basic RTR kit has a basic FM radio system & basic smaller CC engine 23 or 26. All of these can be modified. Many leave with 30.5 CC Chromed out with a JetPro pipe & alot with a Spectrum / Nomadio radio. I would suggest Outerwears filters. They make the engines live Very long in dusty situations. Actual life with filters & all I'm not sure on a #. You do have to remember they run about 40 minutes on a full tank, So you spend tons of time driving. The stock servos are fine for driving around, But like always many want the speed with power for steering ( Which is a 1/4 scale servo ) & an upgrade on the throttle servo is nice for a bit more brakes. Especially if you upgrade, like an FG to Front disc brakes. Parts are not problems with some models more than others. The shop is striving to make there Not be problems in getting anything repaired. The HPI line is awesome for upgrades, as is the FG line. The MCD line has a few less upgrades, but is an Awesome vehicle from the start. There is tons of developing going on right now, on different parts for them. I'll get some pics of an FG he has that has all the aluminum possible on it, with beadlock wheels. Has a custom roll cage powdercoated. I makes you realize how far you can go with these in customizing. I'll shrink some photos & give you an idea of what I mean by tons of options.

[Image: Upgrades6.jpg]

[Image: Upgrades1.jpg]

[Image: Upgrades2.jpg]

[Image: Upgrades3.jpg]

[Image: Upgrades4.jpg]

[Image: Upgrades5.jpg]

[Image: Upgrades.jpg]

These are some shots of build inventory some time ago. There are more & more options coming all the time. The HPI line alone is almost as much as is shown here in these pictures.
MCD / FG / HPI
http://lstforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3734
looker2756 Wrote:It's in Monon Indiana. That is about 35 miles north of Lafayette Indiana. I live in Monticello Indiana & I'm 5 miles from there. Indiana Beach for the family after some racing or before or during !! Ha Ha
Where at in monon? Do you have an address or Phone #
I go thru Monon every weekend. I have a place at the Indiana beach.
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
I also Have Two 5B's In Stock. Lmk if anyone is interested.
[url][/url]

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS MUST PAY.
SLOW REVO Wrote:I have a place at the Indiana beach.

the biggest one there! LOL...nice place joe, sorry i didnt make it by, kids had me goin in circles.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
The Location & phone # are on the web site. Just check out the first post there is a link. Cool if you call & decide to stop by, have Troy give me a call. I'll swing over & at least get to meet some one in person. Sometimes weekends are test & tune time, Thats always fun. They also race 1/4 scale on-road on weekends as well, so I'm sure within a couple weeks they could maybe be there on a weekend. Thats cool, it appears your a dealer as well. It would be great to get together. Next Monday I'll officially be on-board.
MCD / FG / HPI
i always thought 1/5th scales were kind of flame, atleast the offroad ones (with exceptions of course) but man after seeing that 4WD buggy it I bet i could definetly enjoy it!
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Who makes 1/4 scale RC's?
you should get a 1/4 scale and run it with honda. lol

damn looker thos are sweeeetttt
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.