Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.12tz
ok so im having trouble with my touring car and i cant figure it out. so i need your help. the problem is that when i go Wide open throttlemy 12 tz flames out. it stays running unless i go WOT. but it will run forever on the box at WOT. i checked the clutch and its fine. what could it be?
HSN too lean
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
well i just ran the car on the box and. there was bubbles coming out by the glow plug. wtf
tighten the plug....and your HSN is waaaaaaay to lean, u hit full throttle and the engine lean bogs so bad it dies
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
thats just it the plug is tight. anybody got tuning specs for this engine?
and arent OS plugs longer
os plugs are shorter, just tune it for smoke richen up the top end a turn atleast and just go from there, do the pinch test for the lsn should take like 5 seconds or so to rev up and kill
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Needle Valve (aka High Speed Needle):1¾ open from closed position
per page 18 of manual.

Mixture Control Screw (aka Low Speed Needle):The head of the mixture
control screw is flush with the carb body per page 25 of manual.

Metering Needle: Head of metering needle screw is flush with the
ball link body per page 25 of manual.

i was 1/4 turn lean on top. and rich on the bottom and mid-range
Meatwad one thing I have found is that the manual is sometimes a little off. Like with my Hyper .21 it is too rich according to the manual and I must lean it out some to keep it running good, but with yours it might be the opposite thing and you need to richen it a little more than the manual states. Just a thought... let me know if it works
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
hansarvin Wrote:Meatwad one thing I have found is that the manual is sometimes a little off. Like with my Hyper .21 it is too rich according to the manual and I must lean it out some to keep it running good, but with yours it might be the opposite thing and you need to richen it a little more than the manual states. Just a thought... let me know if it works
ill run it in the morning and see.
On my motors to tune them out pretty good. I usually just richen the top end and lsn about 1-1 1/2 turns then start it. It will usually run like crap then die, I start to lean it out a tad until I can get some speed on it. Then get the engine warmed up then start tuning. Usually results in a nice tune with minimal effort, and no temp gun. Good smoke and power.

Basicly just start over rich where it won't clear out at all, warm it up a bit, then start to lean it out a bit at a time, HSN First, then LSN and Idle.
bring that junker by and we'll get er purring

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Meatwad Wrote:Needle Valve (aka High Speed Needle):1¾ open from closed position
per page 18 of manual.

Mixture Control Screw (aka Low Speed Needle):The head of the mixture
control screw is flush with the carb body per page 25 of manual.

Metering Needle: Head of metering needle screw is flush with the
ball link body per page 25 of manual.

i was 1/4 turn lean on top. and rich on the bottom and mid-range

Those are just the stock settings. Doesn't mean the engine will run with those settings.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
UE-Maxx Wrote:Those are just the stock settings. Doesn't mean the engine will run with those settings.

Yeah.

Like I said, Richen it excessivly and work your way down from there thats how I get my tune.
Meatwad Wrote:well i just ran the car on the box and. there was bubbles coming out by the glow plug. wtf
might have dirt around the seal. probably take the head off and clean the the area where the plug rests.
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Fill the motor with simple green and throw it on your stater box.... That should remove any dirt from the motor....
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
yeah its leaking cause im running the wrong plug.Confusedmash:
rocco79 Wrote:Fill the motor with simple green and throw it on your stater box.... That should remove any dirt from the motor....
ok
You should be running and OS plug in that motor. What plug were you running? Also what percent nitro are you running? If 20% run the equivalent of an MC8 (sorry I'm not familiar with OS glow plugs) and 30% the equivalent of either the MC9 or MC59. Hope this helps!!!
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
not an os plug. and its a turbo plug. the plug says #7
your plugs probably ok, just tune it....

And hansarvin, your plug theory makes NO sense at all. Your saying with 20% run a medium temp plug but with 30% run either a cold or hot plug?????

MC8, medium
MC9, cold
MC59, hot
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
forgot to finish.......

20% runs better on hot plugs
30% generally runs better with cold or medium plugs

These are general rules and everyones experiences will vary......(I've ran hot plugs in .21's on 30% with great success)
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
im running OD 20
Tex Wrote:forgot to finish.......

20% runs better on hot plugs
30% generally runs better with cold or medium plugs

These are general rules and everyones experiences will vary......(I've ran hot plugs in .21's on 30% with great success)
I run a super duper hot in the vzb on 30%. Could I need more power? I dont think so. Wink
Like I said before, bring that turd by and well try to make it not stink so bad...
Home by 5:30.

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
wow Tex thanks for setting me straight this is just what I had heard and what I run. Now I probably just figured out why I have problems chasing a tune all the time. http://www.odonnellracing.com/glowplugs/index.html I'm not sure but I think that that link should help on some plug conversions. But which one do you run maybe I'm blind but I can't find OD 20 anywhere.
Kona Kustom Decals
Pro Twister Mods
i run a #7 plug with odonnel 20%