Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't figure it out
ok so I've tried fixing this problem numerous times to no avail. My buggy likes to stay at full throttle when you let off the gas. It ONLY does it when it's running. I think meatwad had a similar problem. so far I have changed the throttle servo, taken the ENTIRE buggy apart and cleaned and tightned with locktite every screw. No fuel line leaks. no air leaks in the engine. changed recievers and transmitters. changed battery packs.
I knoticed that if you remove the linkage off of the throttle the carb opens about 3/4 way. it slides very smooth. I have not yet put a throttle return spring on it because I never had a problem before and when I tried closing the throttle when it sticks open running it sticks! like the servo is saying nope not gonna happen. I'm thinking it has to be in the carb but idk. I disconnected the throttle arm and started the engine and it works fine so I figure it can't be 2 bad servo's lol.
It's beginning to really frustrate me
hope you can help
thanks
jeff
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
OK-first-throw a small rubber band or the little ring from a balloon around the ball end and the carb throat so it stays closed when you let go of it. (no servo attached right now)

Now make sure that when the truck is off and the linkage is attached to the carb that EVERYTHING moves freely. Wiggle/shake stuff around a bit just to see if anything could possibly catch.

Do you have another engine as a whole you could drop in there (running) so you could see if it's the carbeurator?

Ooohhh yeah I had something like this happen, just remembered- check that your servo lead is not touching the spur gear or it may have gotten chewed up and now when it sits(not running) there is nothing making the servo short out, but when it rolls it completes the connection and goes wot.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Ponch Wrote:OK-first-throw a small rubber band or the little ring from a balloon around the ball end and the carb throat so it stays closed when you let go of it. (no servo attached right now)

Now make sure that when the truck is off and the linkage is attached to the carb that EVERYTHING moves freely. Wiggle/shake stuff around a bit just to see if anything could possibly catch.

Do you have another engine as a whole you could drop in there (running) so you could see if it's the carbeurator?

Ooohhh yeah I had something like this happen, just remembered- check that your servo lead is not touching the spur gear or it may have gotten chewed up and now when it sits(not running) there is nothing making the servo short out, but when it rolls it completes the connection and goes wot.
the servo oneis ok I checked it all out plus put a new servo in it lol. Everything moves very freely as when I dissasempled and replaced everything I pretty mush made it new again if not better. I have another engine but I gotta take it outta the lsp urggh. I hate takin the engine outta this buggy. pita lol. I'll do the baloon thingy too now
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
wait so when you let off the throttle to let it idle, it revs up?? or does the carb open up??
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
i never had any problems.
kevinF Wrote:wait so when you let off the throttle to let it idle, it revs up?? or does the carb open up??

Yeah....any possibility that the low end is SUPER lean and the top is SUPER rich to compensate and when you let off it revs up?
yes u did!!!!!! wit the hellturd
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
hes talking about the mayhem. not the hellfire
i was refering to a similar problem...

Get your pm's?
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
yes thank you.
no it stays there. dosn't rev up. I can put around all day as long as I don't hit over 3/4 throttle
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
Meatwad Wrote:hes talking about the mayhem. not the hellfire
actually the ofna
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
Ponch Wrote:Yeah....any possibility that the low end is SUPER lean and the top is SUPER rich to compensate and when you let off it revs up?

yeah what?? I asked 2 questions lol.

well if the carb is openeing up after he goes to idle then its NOT the carb settins, but if the carb closes completely then it could be a mixture of the high low and idle....so i would get the idle as low as you can first, then adjust the top and then the low
Losi 8ight with v-spec[SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]
kevinF Wrote:wait so when you let off the throttle to let it idle, it revs up?? or does the carb open up??
the carb opens up.

ponch I think the tune is actully fine. was runnin great before. I could run tank after tank and have a consistent temp and smoke
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
what radio are you using?
futaba 3pm fm, tried a traxxas am radio and reciever AND a hot bodies tx/rx lol. I know a little overkill but I wanted to make sure It wasn't the radio. also 2 diffrent airtronics servos
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
how much does your trigger finger move before the carb starts opening?
You're nuts to run without a throttle return spring...
Meatwad Wrote:how much does your trigger finger move before the carb starts opening?
it works like normal until after3/4 then it just stays there.

when I start it to test it I don't drive far lol I useually just blip f/t to see if it works. because when it goes it goes lol.
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
Pull open the carb manually, no servo attached, no return spring either. Open it full. Feel for any slight resistance at all. Now try to pull further.

I'm thinking that maybe your throttle end point is too high and it's pulling the slide too far and it's getting jammed there.
i just wanna say, wow ponch what you have said is spot on, its most likely a hitch in your carb, it may need to be taken apart and cleaned or beburred, i wiould also slap an o ring or carb sping on for a return and see what it does.
Hi im johnny knoxville and welcome to jackass
Make sure your linkage isn't binding too.
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
Ponch Wrote:Pull open the carb manually, no servo attached, no return spring either. Open it full. Feel for any slight resistance at all. Now try to pull further.

I'm thinking that maybe your throttle end point is too high and it's pulling the slide too far and it's getting jammed there.
yea thats what I was leaning towards too maybe. weird though how it dosn't do it when it's not running
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
I'll try it all out tomorrow didn't have time tonight. just got back from dropping nearly 30 grand on a (used) suv for the wife tonight
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
AddictedtoNITRO Wrote:I'll try it all out tomorrow didn't have time tonight. just got back from dropping nearly 30 grand on a (used) suv for the wife tonight

What did you get? We would have sold our suv to you for probably $15k...or less...it's an 01 Expedition, non eddie bauer, but it does have the 5.4L engine.

And WHY buy an SUV with the gas prices???