Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektrum Failsafe???
ok well i jsut got a DX3 and how do i use the failsafe in the radio it self....and can i use a seperate failsafe? not the one in the radio........
o and to add..i did the binding thing and it seemed to work but...when i turn off the radio liek if i lost signal...the car applied brake for 3 sec then went to ramdom movents(servos)....i also did it with a duratrax FS and it applied brakes then took them off 3 secs later??/
i bet the radio came with directions
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Try binding again, and don't use the failsafe right now that you had on your revo before (so just using the built in one)

Press/hold the bind button on the receiver
turn on receiver, continue to hold button until led flashes
hold desired failsafe positions on radio (usually some brake, steering straight)

While holding failsafe positions, hold bind button on radio and turn on while holding both failsafe positions and the bind button till the bind button on the tx flashes and then you can let off. Let it sit for a minute till both lights are steady and then you should be good to go.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
ya i did that...i thought it worked but how can i test it...i tried turning off just the radio and the reciver put the brake on then it let the brake off??
Just try it one more time. Make sure your rx batts are charged too... It should work then.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Allllrighty!!
The spektrum fail safe will not set correctly if you don't continue to hold the desired fail safe positions until the servo's actually move.

hold the bind button the rx

then hold the bind button on the transmitter, and also at the same time hold the throttle about midway to full brake (not full, you can burn out a servo that way) and the steering straight. Now while holding ALL of that turn on the Transmitter and HOLD that position until you see the servo's move to match the positions of the steering and throttle on the transmitter.

if you don't hold those positions until binding is completed then the fail safe will not set correctly.

It is in the manual, but it isn't clearly explained (I have the DX3 system)
I have a DX3 manual you can have. Just remind me next time on friday to bring it.
Whitey04 Wrote:I have a DX3 manual you can have. Just remind me next time on friday to bring it.

bring it friday

DONE
member of the smackahoe tribe Confusedlap:

Violator 9.5 Jammin CRT Kyosho Inferno GT HPI MT
well just make sure you dont wire it like this one i saw sunday, gut has a 3PM 2.4ghz so it has the fail safe on it already but he apparently doesnt know how to use it because he has a duratrax fail safe also, but this is how it was wired

from the reciever 3rd channel (yea 3rd channel and he only has 2 servo's on his truck) to the fail safe then from the fail safe to the charge jack of the battery.

and he wondered why his truck was only responding half the time

the 3rd channel on recievers is usually used for transponders and now telemetry stuff

The manual is available for download here.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Content/PDF/dx...nglish.pdf
Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:the 3rd channel on recievers is usually used for transponders and now telemetry stuff

mmmm...Ok

but did you read how i said he had stuff hooked up? no transponders or telemetry stuff

ya i did, but you said he only had 2 servos kinda implying like he was stupid to have a 3 channel

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:ya i did, but you said he only had 2 servos kinda implying like he was stupid to have a 3 channel

i have a 3PK and a couple 3PM 2.4ghz and 3PM FM

i was referring to the 3rd channel because thats where he had the failsafe plugged into

thanks GTA....and 4 Wheelin..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Futaba 3PM and Spektrum SR3000 Krosenqu 3 4,083 07-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Krosenqu
  Losi 2.4ghz Tx/Spektrum Rx compatability question. BJoe 1 4,412 03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Last Post: BJoe
  SPEKTRUM Servo Question team3six 3 3,609 02-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Last Post: team3six
  Spektrum Dx3R GWPHOENIX 0 1,944 01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Last Post: GWPHOENIX
  KO Propo EX-1 Mars radio. Spektrum?? bubbaracing 7 2,959 10-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  how to bind spektrum Meatwad 8 4,266 07-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  Runaway with spektrum? Gforce 26 5,042 04-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Last Post: motoxer4life
  Spektrum DX3.0 .Vs. Jr XS3 Revoguy22 7 2,809 01-07-2007, 05:57 PM