the ofna is 1/8 with a .26 and the Evo is 1/10 with a .18 in it

im looking for speed and just plain old street fun, drifting stuff like that
member of the smackahoe tribe Confusedlap:

Violator 9.5 Jammin CRT Kyosho Inferno GT HPI MT
get the ofna!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
rocco79 Wrote:get the ofna!

Name the price? I know of a few places to get them decently. There is a guy selling his inferno GT on the IGT forums for about the same price as new one, and this one has upgrades. Smile

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/index....174&page=1

You can buy a new IGT for $329 shipped at Ultimatehobbies.com. If you get the IGT get either a Calsonic, or Aston Martin body. GOD they are SEXY!!

I've seen some Ultra GTP's for around 289 to 300 at various places.

If you are lucky, you can score a Hyper One Seven from http://www.rcdeal.com for $300 + shipping (comes stock with a hyper .21 8port and is even bigger than a 1/8th scale)

There is also a Hot Bodies Lightning Street for $300, available from Stormer hobbies, but I'm told parts support is slim so you may end up with a paper weight.

I say screw the small 1:10th scale stuff, its too picky about road conditions. These 1:8th and 1:7th scales are great!

I've got a Hyper One Seven, and a Inferno GT. Quality wise the Hyper One Seven is better, HOWEVER all things said the Inferno GT is going to be faster. Why? Its 2lbs lighter, less rotating mass as well. Advantages to the IGT there.

But the Hyper one seven is built better, better shocks, and it does handle very nicely, the stock tires are perfect for asphault and grip very nicely. Tons more detail and adjustability with the pillow ball suspension, also includes swaybars stock, and better shocks.. Disadvantage? Its 9lbs, has a really heavy transmission. However, its about 10" longer than a Inferno GT so it looks much more real and scale. See the picture links in my signature.
thats what i was thinking, get the 1/8 scale found one for about $300 same with the HPI evo.

Do a little research... Check to see parts availability. I think the Ofna GTP parts are going to be harder to come by, with them recently releasing the Hyper one seven and the DM-1. Both are a little larger than 1/8 scale (They are actually 1/7 scale). If you do decide to go with the 1/8 scale, the Kyosho Inferno GT is a good choice. Like Thirdgen said, try for the Nissan Calsonic or the Aston Martin body. They look the best of the Kyosho options.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
Kyosho makes a killer body for the inferno gt. The ofna cars are in general built better. But parts are slightly harder to come by, not impossible but everything has to be ordered. HPI makes a rock solid car, which I've never had a problem running in the street, I don't care what you've got 1/7, 1/8, 1/10, you hit something in the road and the car will take damage. Its a car...not a truck. Also to add to the HPI, parts for the rs4 are really easy to find, Hpi offers a drift kit to convert the rs4 into a drift car. The kit which relocates the receiver tray and helps add stiffness by providing another aluminum upper plate, and also comes with hard drift tires. But I personally like kyosho cars, for the killer bodies, and I just happen to like kyosho as a company. But those killer bodies cost like 120 dollars painted and decaled. And to top it all off I don't think anyone races 1/8th, but everyone races 1/10, and parts for 1/10 are literally stock piled, aftermarket and stock.
i found the ofna GTP for $250, cant beat that price. i think im going to get that one.

i dont drive on-road much at all, but i just have to have one SmileSmile i would buy the one seven as i like yours bill but i have to watch my money because as soon as the baja 5b is back in stock im grabbing one, and i know since they are back ordered now i will need to make sure i have cash on hand for the day they come in.

so the ofna GTP is looking like the best option for me since i want something a little bigger then a 1/10 and the 1/10 have small motors (not saying there not fast) but i have always had better luck tuning BB engines as opposed to the SB engines. plus like bill said the 1/8 and bigger handle better

i also do love the kyosho IGT bodies, but im a little ruff on my cars and taht body wouldnt look like that for long, and im afraid it would jsut site there because i wouldnt want to mess the body up

We plan to have a spec class at Lhr. We will use the Inferno gt. I know I talked to some of you last year about it. It will be stock out of the box. We will only allow up grade to the radio, brakes and sway bars. We want this class to remain cheap (under $500). If you want to go faster go to a faster class.
bubbacola Wrote:We plan to have a spec class at Lhr. We will use the Inferno gt. I know I talked to some of you last year about it. It will be stock out of the box. We will only allow up grade to the radio, brakes and sway bars. We want this class to remain cheap (under $500). If you want to go faster go to a faster class.

thats kinda random

I believe Bernie is just pointing out that IF you get an Inferno GT you will have a racing class option at Leisure Hours. If racing factors into your decision criteria, then the Inferno GT has a place to run in Joliet. That's all.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 Wrote:I believe Bernie is just pointing out that IF you get an Inferno GT you will have a racing class option at Leisure Hours. If racing factors into your decision criteria, then the Inferno GT has a place to run in Joliet. That's all.

thats cool but i beat on my cars alot so unless they have an on-road demolition derby they arent going to want me on the track because some cars wouldnt be going home in 1 piece, rubbin is racing SmileSmile

4wheelinrevo Wrote:thats cool but i beat on my cars alot so unless they have an on-road demolition derby they arent going to want me on the track because some cars wouldnt be going home in 1 piece, rubbin is racing SmileSmile
please stay home
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
bubbacola Wrote:We plan to have a spec class at Lhr. We will use the Inferno gt. I know I talked to some of you last year about it. It will be stock out of the box. We will only allow up grade to the radio, brakes and sway bars. We want this class to remain cheap (under $500). If you want to go faster go to a faster class.
Don't think you are gonna have any luck with a spec class. There aren't enough of the cars out there, and of those, many of them are modified.

Reason being that the stock engine is pure crap. Air leaks galore (not a single o-ring in the carb). I'm not interested at all in running a stock class. Limit it to .21's if you want, its not like these cars need a truggy size motor. Maybe the 1/7th scales as they come in around 9lbs instead of 7lbs like the IGT and GTP.

You are better off with a mod class. The people who buy 1:8th scale rally game cars (IGT, GTP,) are already willing to put several hundred into the cars. These cars aren't entry level, they are meant for asphault racing, and light off-road duty. Hence the "rally game" term when you come across them. They aren't the ultimate in on-road handling vehicles, a true 1:8th scale on-road would destroy one very easily. Also a true 1:10th scale would beat one without problem. These are pretty much meant to be go-anywhere cars.

The DM-1, Lightning Street, and Hyper One Seven are meant as parking lot terrors more than anything else. The Hyper One Seven, and DM-1 were created to hopefully start a new class of racing, 1/7th scale. However the hyper 1/7 failed because at $750 no one wanted one. As much as I love mine I'd never pay that much for it. The DM-1 comes as a kit, can't really specify "stock" with that then.

I think the Driver has far more to do with winning than the car.
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:I think the Driver has far more to do with winning than the car.

thats why i would just run them off the road SmileSmile

Just want to have a class that would be fun and cheap to run. Maybe pick up some new people. a cheap way to get in to R C.
bubbacola Wrote:Just want to have a class that would be fun and cheap to run. Maybe pick up some new people. a cheap way to get in to R C.

People getting into RC wont' get an 1:8th scale, they aren't advertised or even really known about. People know all about the Stampede, Revo, XXX series losi's etc... But hardly anyone has heard or seen a Inferno GT.

Most of those who have them didn't buy them to keep stock. I know I didn't.
Bernie just wants to have a class where Driving skill matters, not your pocket book. And you're just shutting him down like he doesnt know anything about running a track or anything about RC cars. :| Meanie
J-Dub Wrote:Bernie just wants to have a class where Driving skill matters, not your pocket book. And you're just shutting him down like he doesnt know anything about running a track or anything about RC cars. :| Meanie

I'm being realistic here. Most of us who bought them, upgraded them. The stock engines are junk for the most part. I only know of 1 person who has had luck with them. You can ask Whitey04 about the kyosho RTR engines.

Quite frankly, the straight isn't that long, driving skills still matter far more than how fast the car is.

Bernie wants to run a spec class, but he's shutting out nearly everyone who owns one. I only know of two people who have stock IGT's.

Put a motor displacement limit on the cars, make them run rubber and not foams (will negate any gains from a high dollar big motor). Most of us bought these because we love seeing the larger size cars run, not for true speed as these cars simply don't handle anywhere near like a true 1:8th scale on-road, or a competative 1:10th scale TC.

Personally I don't care what place I come in, I bought one because I like the size of it. They also handle more realistically than a 1:10th, or 1:8th scale on-road.
driving skills matter in all racing the cars can only do soo much
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
My point is that with such a limited group of people who even own one, you have to start with an open class. There are always going to be winners, and losers. But as a "fun" class it really won't matter. I'm itching for a real track to put the Hyper One Seven. I've already gotten the okay at HT in crystal lake, he'll run his Ultra GTP against my Hyper 1/7, even though I've got 10" in length as well as 2lbs extra weight over a IGT, or GTP.
[Image: giveadamn.gif]

man u post some lame ass stuff dude^

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:man u post some lame ass stuff dude^

how you like that one???

I don't like it.....shape up or ship out dude....-Tex

Czech-it-Out Graphics Wrote:man u post some lame ass stuff dude^

found out where you work today.......

[Image: fudge.jpg]

bhahaahahbhahhahaha ur hilarious, get a life man

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TOY! OFNA Hyper One Seven Thirdgen89GTA 28 7,381 05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Thirdgen89GTA
  ofna orange/yellow molded truggy foams pwnzor 16 2,612 02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Last Post: kevinF
  Ofna MBX ultra comp?? good or bad? Revoguy22 8 1,833 01-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Last Post: bubbaracing
  The Ofna Jammin CRT Thread. Younger kids beware. Michowski 362 42,542 11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Last Post: RobH
  ofna truggy? mk3117 19 2,867 11-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Last Post: badmojo
  Anyone try the Ofna Moldeds yet? Ponch 19 2,473 09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Casketman
  Ofna's new foams Traxxas_Junkee 3 1,187 07-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Last Post: DAVEC-NITRO-RS4
  OFNA OB4 PRO clutch issues... Thirdgen89GTA 9 2,243 03-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Tex
  anyone need some Ofna 9.5 parts? (discussion, not for sale) Tex 13 2,221 02-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Last Post: squirrel
  OFNA tank on stock tmaxx chassis? Traxxas_Junkee 6 1,563 12-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee