Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone who runs crawlers...(MNSTR)
Well, after reading MNSTR's build-ups, I decided I'd try to build a crawler. So far, I've got two pieces of steel plate (thick and heavy), an
evader Tranny, looking for savage shocks, and either TLT, X-Factor or Wheely King axles, high torque motor(s) batt's, Diffs, wheels and tires. I've drawn out a chassis design as well as roll-bar, motor brace, and shock extenders. Pics are below..

[Image: 251954020.jpg]

[Image: 251954018.jpg]

[Image: 251954016.jpg]

constructive criticism is appreciated.
if hooters goes door to door do they change their name to knockers???

Sportwerks Chaos-stock, Duratrax Mini-Quake-Baja Motor, Duratrax Evader ST-Venom 15t Fireball and in need of esc, Custom SSMT Trail Rigger in the works..
Cool! Just watch that tranny, my friends don't hold up to much street bashing.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Cool, what are you planning on making the fame out of? Also I would smooth out the ends of the frame a little bit like this
_ _
_/ \____/ \_

That way the axles can slide up into the fame and give it more flex.
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Wheel
Wreck
Wrench
Repeat [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just call me Zack
Get some Integy Lathe motors I into crawling alot, i have a pimpcane clod, and Had a tlt Vertical smile
Looks good, stay away from the savage shocks. The shocks have to much travel. With a crawler you want to limit your flex to around 75 degrees or so anymore and the truck seems very loose, clumsy and rolls over a lot. I'd also try to find some lighter material to work with if you are doing more then a scale truck as weight really really really effects how well a crawler crawls. Lower weight placement and being lighter is definitly better. If you are doing a scale truck build I would recommend using the tube trick I used in my wheely king build up, can't be easier. If you are looking for a serious out of the box crawler at about $200 look no further then the Axial crawler.
Mnster Wrote:stay away from the savage shocks. The shocks have to much travel. With a crawler you want to limit your flex to around 75 degrees or so anymore and the truck seems very loose, clumsy and rolls over a lot..

what about T-MAXX/E-MAXX shocks? would they be suitable for a scale crawler?
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
T-maxx shocks are perfect for comp trucks. If your looking for some cheap ones get the rear ones from the Evader.

Scale trucks, pretty much anything goes as the truck is based more around looks then performance. Stock TLT shocks give the scale trucks a nice scale look.
Yeah I was hoping to use maxx shocks cause I got a bunch of them! Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
mnster, would you be willing to do that for me? for like cheap? and around 1:25 scale? i decided to shrink the project down, and im gonna use mini-t or 18t shocks..

Sportwerks Chaos-stock, Duratrax Mini-Quake-Baja Motor, Duratrax Evader ST-Venom 15t Fireball and in need of esc, Custom SSMT Trail Rigger in the works..
What excatly are you wanting to build? I could build a tube chassis for what you want, Maybe use Nylint axles (18th scale ones) I was thinkin about building one from a Nylint I have here! Big Grin

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
wel i have axles... from a 1:43 scale SSMT, but they are as wide as a 1:25 scale truck.how much for a 1:25 scale tuber like the "hustler" chassis?

Hustler> http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/hustler.html

I don't see why I couldn't build something like it, i'll build ya a tube chassis out of 3/16th brake line for uhh say $40, chassis only you make the 4 link set up for it? Price not set in stone, so not positive on the price so we'll work on it?

Matt Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
thenewguy jr Wrote:wel i have axles... from a 1:43 scale SSMT, but they are as wide as a 1:25 scale truck.how much for a 1:25 scale tuber like the "hustler" chassis?

Hustler> http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/hustler.html

I want thoes axles!!!!!!!!
Wreck
Wrench
Repeat [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just call me Zack
Why? :confused: I'd like to see a pic of them?
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Those axles work great with model kits. I had a set I sold them for $45, just can seem to get interested in the tiny trucks.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67414
Wow they are super small scale ain't they! Well i'll have to rethink about doing a tuber for those axles, you could make a chassis and cage out of piano wire , check your lhs for some small wire you can bend into a chassis and cage, find someone who could weld it together for ya and you're set!
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Just solder some brass tube pieces together.
Mnster Wrote:Those axles work great with model kits. I had a set I sold them for $45, just can seem to get interested in the tiny trucks.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67414

Thats why! I have Grand Cherokee that needs some attention!
Wreck
Wrench
Repeat [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just call me Zack
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v32/ki...dodge2.flv

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
im making a mini version of a tuber i want and i was wondering the trick to soldering copper tube???? the solder wont stick to the tube:confused:

try scuffing the tube maybe
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
needed more heat. but now i got to get more gas for the torch so im done for the night. hey JR. how long does that chassis need to be?

If you're tryin to solder copper tube together ya need flux and to clean up like ponch said to both pieces being soldered! Big Grin
GIT-R-DONE racin team
chassis length? um... about mabey 1'' longer than a 1:25 scale model pickup truck. how much, cuz anythink over 30.00 will take me a while to get.

thenewguy jr Wrote:chassis length? um... about mabey 1'' longer than a 1:25 scale model pickup truck. how much, cuz anythink over 30.00 will take me a while to get.

Depends..... If you take care of a few things that I ask you to, it may be easier than you think.

the yard, your room, etc...
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many crawlers are on this site? Mnster 18 3,598 05-21-2006, 02:32 AM
Last Post: 77chevy4x4