Poll: Your fav. nitro fuel?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Traxxas
13.96%
37 13.96%
Blue Thunder
8.68%
23 8.68%
Trinity
18.11%
48 18.11%
O'Donnell
20.38%
54 20.38%
Byrons
22.64%
60 22.64%
White Lightning
4.91%
13 4.91%
Maxys
6.04%
16 6.04%
Other (post it)
5.28%
14 5.28%
Total 265 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's you fav. fuel?
If you pick other, post up your choice.

Let's find out which fuel is used the most here.

My pick would be trinity, the horsepower blend to be exact (purple stuff).
since i started using maxy's my engine makes more power at the same tune and runs cooler. I can now feel like i am over revving because it just winds out really fast now.
Trinity Platinum

[Image: platinum.jpg]

[Image: platinum2.jpg]
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
Current: Nitro Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4, Nitro Traxxas Slash
Wow!!! I bet you get reallllly long run times with that much fuel on board !!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I crack myself up!!!....

Sorry im bored... Confusednore:
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
:bustingup ...@ rocco

Trinity for me :racing:
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
<---- sponsored by maxys....wonder which one i voted for?? Big Grin

i used to run white lightning, loved it...
thought about selling maxys here in illinois, but didnt wanna invest on the unsure...and also didnt wanna step on shops toes as id prollly just sell it on the side at a race...
anyone interested...?? maybe ill reconsider..
I would like to try Maxy's, I've only heard great things about it.

What blend would you sell? (ex: 30% nitro/ 10% lube)

How much would a gallon of 30% go?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
id prolly get both, but most would be 30 i spoze....

itd be right about the same price as others 23-25 id imagine... maybe, what ever price it would sell good at.
Slim, I have been running 40% White Lightning, and love the results. How would you compare the White Lightning to the Maxy's? I'm assuming there would be a drop in performance from the 40% to 30%, but how much of a drop? Since you have run both White Lightning and Maxy's (forgetting about being sponsered by Maxy's) What would you say is the difference. Feel free to answer in PM if you wish. Thanks.
TBH... they are both great fuels... if i ever gave up maxys id use the WL....

WL left a bad taste in my mouth, i bought 1 more gal before LH's winter gas champs...
the weekend before i broke in my new RB with WL and used that gallon a few nights before at pratice, and it was great... start the heats and used the new WL gallon, and i misses 4 of 6 quals because it would not stay running for nothing...... i switched motors and it was ok.... but did nothing to the rb and went to maxys and it ran perfect....

i broke in 2 motors with WL and all has been well, BUT id like a little more oil than 8% on breakin.

clif notes: both are top notch, and wow 40%?? man!
hey slim, I'm looking to switch to Maxy's 30% with the least amount of lube possible (I live life on the edge. lol)

What % of Lube is maxy's available at? 8, 10, 12, 14???? I understand they will custom blend also.

I'd assume you get it by the case? Let me know if you want to sell a gallon or two!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex Wrote:Let me know if you want to sell a gallon or two!

+1
SOLD: BCE Pro X1-CRT Truggy, Dace Predator/Unlimited Engineering towered VBS Supermaxx
i still would like to put in a 32 gallon order, if i had a few more poeple commiting to doing it i might. what percentage would you want?

its 12% for oil... maxy gaurds that like your grandmas meatloaf recipe...lol
Well since I had a sportmaxx and a revo, and was told to use only TopFuel, I would have to say TopFuel. Of course when I get back into nitro, I'm going to try the others as well.
32 gallons?!?!?!! Jeezz!! Thats alota fuel!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
if (8) of us went in on 4 gallons a piece it wouldn't be bad. (4) gallons will last you awhile!
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
bandit72577 Wrote:Well since I had a sportmaxx and a revo, and was told to use only TopFuel, I would have to say TopFuel. Of course when I get back into nitro, I'm going to try the others as well.

Bandit,
I asked this same question (on this board) when I bought my Revo. After many inputs from the members I decided AGAINST TopFuel and continued to run the Odonnell's 20% that I was already using in my cars. Traxxas propaganda.
i get free shipping at that point which if you ever ordered fuel you know its not cheap and add the haz mat fee.....
question is, would it be cheaper for the 8 of us going in on it and what would a gallon cost after all said and done. I know it would be chaper than 23-25$ a gallon. Prolly around 18-20$ I'm guessing.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
at $20 a gallon, I would take 4 gallons.
ok, what % are you guys wanting? id suggest 30% as it has better cooling.
get a list together and ill call and get current pricing.
and figure out how good i can hook you up.
slim Wrote:ok, what % are you guys wanting? id suggest 30% as it has better cooling.
get a list together and ill call and get current pricing.

and figure out how good i can hook you up.

Yeah I'd like 30% also.

Do you think you could have the fuel by the next berwyn bash? So I could buy it from you there.
i doubt it... it take 2 weeks to ship a case... im lucky if i can get mine for NEXT weekend and i ordered it monday or tues this week.... that and it takes a small wad of cash to order it...not rich yet, but workin on it! lol
30%
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
tex you'll love maxy's. It made my engine run at the same tune from a 250 to 190 from only switching fuel. I literally had to keep leaning my motor out to try to get it at a warmer temp. And the power it made was just amazing. Clean and crisp low end, lots of top end. It just makes your motor into a power hungry motor that can never seem to go as fast as it wants to lol. And slim how did you get maxy's for 20 a gallon? I payed 120 shipped for my case and that equals out to be 30 bucks a gallon. Is it because you order a lot more then me? And possibly a sponsorship?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Fuel Disposal egglick 3 3,487 10-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Last Post: egglick
  Free fuel any good?? nitrodude 20 3,611 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Last Post: nitrodude
  FREE gallon of fuel Racin' Ranger1 74 11,093 04-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  H20 for fuel Michowski 8 1,979 10-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Michowski
  Flex Fuel Rocketry? BJoe 10 2,274 05-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Last Post: squirrel