Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn!!!!
It's always some little crappy part that puts me out of commission! I just about had the mayhem tuned right and my (already cut) tube that connects the pipe to the manifold comes off. I'm not going to try to get it to work again, I'd rather just order another but now here I sit for the rest of the day. I wish hobbytown wasen't so far away.
there is a hobbytown in merrillville, but that's prolly the one your talking about.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Yeah, it's not worth the drive. I'm actually considering ordering a complete Mayhem exhaust system as soon as I confirm it will work with the .26 engine.
what do you need? exactly? I may have it and will ship it to you cheap
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
The header is the stock Mayhem header. I put the Paris pipe on there, because it is supposed to be better than the stock pipe. The stinger on the stock pipe was pretty smashed up, but I do have a Dynamite pipe, which is almost the exact same pipe as the stock Sportwerks pipe. I just have to check to see if I have the springs to join the header to the pipe. I talked to my friend, and I will have a Tx for you also, as soon as I can get by him, but you know my goofy hours. I will see if I can talk him into swinging by through the week. Once I get the pipe, I can either ship them right away, or try to get out by you, and help out with the Mayhem. That buggy ran great before the trade, but when I changed the pipe, I never got a chance to run it to make sure about the tune, and with the Tx, It was a new Tx from a different RTR, which I changed the day we traded. I also didn't have the chance to check that, because of lack of batteries. I will make sure to get things straightened out.
I went ahead and ordered the complete exhaust system. It was funny yesterday, for a minute the pipe was coming off but not all the way so I let it rip one more time, wow! I think I need to lean it out a little more, I think I've still got it running too rich. I should probably buy a temp guage.
a bad connection with the pipe/header/engine will cause the tuning to get thrown off so watch out for that.

I would get the new exhaust installed before tuning, or even using the buggy.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Yeah, I'm not going to touch it till thats installed. I read so much that the Mayhem has problems with screws coming loose but I checked them after each run and I did not notice that problem. It seems pretty bullet proof so far.

Another thing that I've got coming is a fail safe, I hate running a nitro without one.
Quote:Another thing that I've got coming is a fail safe, I hate running a nitro without one.

If you are running AM radios (Which you are currently), Failsafes are a very good idea. I know the Magazines and "pro's" all say the first thing you should add is a failsafe, but PLENTY of people here will tell you, once they switched to FM, their failsafes were nothing but problems. In fact, Ramsavage (or E Racer) lost a race in the main, because his failsafe just started going haywire. When he checked everything out, there was no reason for the failsafe to be kicking in. Most of us go by the theory, keep the batteries charged, and PAY ATTENTION to how the car handles. If you notice the slightest change in steering speed, or throttle response, pull it aside, and recharge, or change the batteries.

The sportwerks is a pretty tough buggy. I've put it through it's paces at Leisure, and only had one breakage (CVD Axle) but I think I got a little aggressive into a corner, and clipped the pipe.
thenewguy821 Wrote:but PLENTY of people here will tell you, once they switched to FM, their failsafes were nothing but problems.

what about with something like spektrum?
Spektrum has a built-in failsafe
Hmmm, I never knew you didn't need a failsafe with an FM radio.
.......as long as you watch your batteries, he says. But if your failsafe isn't glitching your FM radio, why not run one?
Well I'm using an AM radio and it carries a signal far enough for me (my vision is bad as it is). That was another funny thing at Leisure, I had a hard time seeing from one end of the track to the other.
failsafes=bad
common sense=good

Hey newguy, eric's name was SavageLST.lol Smile
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Common sense won't help if you happen to hit an unseen puddle. Of course the Mayhem's receiver is kept in a weather resistant box.
I know where I run and if there are puddles around. If I'm unaware of my surroundings I take 2 mins and scour the area before running.

Sorry, that falls in the common sense area to me Smile

If a servo dies during operation there is nothing a failsafe can do anyway, if it's stuck at WOT, it's stuck. The only things a failsafe is good for is alerting you your receiver pack is dead or stopping the RC when interferance strikes. Both common sense issues in my eyes.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
a throttle return spring is WAY better than a failsafe and costs 10 times less.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
+1
So if you go out in a parking lot you walk the entire thing to make sure there are no puddles?
You can see puddles in parking lots, and since the failsafe is plugged into the receiver wouldn't the failsafe not work if the receiver stops working?
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Quote:Hey newguy, eric's name was SavageLST.lol

I keep forgetting. On one forum, he was RamSavage, on one it was SavageLST, on another it was RamSavageLST... lol Oh Well, E-Racer sounds better anyway. Smile
Another good example of the worthlessness (<-- a word?) of a failsafe... Last year, at MonsterJam, one of the guys had a FULL Supermaxx. easily a couple thousand invested. Someone who was not even registered for the event turned on his radio, and was on the same channel as the SM, which was being tuned at the time. The SM took off WOT into a wall, and the failsafe never kicked in.
Speaking of crystals, do you guys carry an assortment with you to the track?
not me, its called synthesized. I already got channel 61-90 without ever using a single crystal. But if your still running crystals bringing a couple spare channels with would be a good idea. I used to have a little baggy with crystals and i always had at least 2 extra channels with me.