Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else here into RC Rockcrawlin?
Just curious who else here on the boards are into RC Rockcrawlin? I know for sure that Mnster is into it bigtime but don't see him on here much? I'm lookin to move into something besides the Nylint's I got! LMK ya'll

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
Hoobajoob(Greek hillbilly!)Racin' Ranger1(Lil' hillbilly)
We are thinking of adding a rock craw to our place. anyone with more info please get a hold of me. Thanks

Bernie
Where would ya put it Bernie? I'll try to get a hold of the guy on here that's really into it!

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing(hillbilly deluxe)stratcat(long haired hillbilly)Addicted to Nitro(Redneck#2)
RC Rockcrawling is the Best ever! I have 2 tlts one is top sercet the other is done. I have 2 clod crawlers, and 1 maxx crawler
Mnster on here is into rc and 1:1 crawling.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
I would really like to try it after seeing some videos and stuff of them. Just not enough money. Sad
8ight | Mini-T | CEN Boat | Stampede | JR R-1

ALL RC STUFF FOR SALE. PM FOR DETAILS.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
I just got a mint USA-1 ...
Is that a crawler?
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Far right corner behide the onroad track. There is a drain that need rocks to keep the water from washing it away.
the Koysho? not sure most crawlers have solid axles and I think that truck is IFS, then again anything is possible.
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Wheel
Wreck
Wrench
Repeat [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just call me Zack
i see....
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Sixvi6 had some wicked crawlers. Looks like alot fo fun!!
you had one too chitownnitro Wink
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
weird.... I was actually just outside crawlin with my maxx lol. surprised the hell outta how well it did
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
Bernie i'll have to catch ya next time i'm at the track and we'll check it out!

Yeah I knew Mnster was into it bigtime, i'll have to get a hold of him to see if he has anything and if he'd be up for doin some crawlin at LHR?

I'm about to tear the Madforce apart and build that by makin my own tube chassis for it!

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Go for it Matt! Tear down the madforce. Just use the electronics and the axles, get an exectric motor and an esc...
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
AddictedtoNITRO Wrote:weird.... I was actually just outside crawlin with my maxx lol. surprised the hell outta how well it did

that's because your maxx is broke (AGAIN) and will only top out at about Rock Crawler speed Big Grin

Matt - I've been playing with the idea... we'll have to get together... my plan is 4WD, 4 wheel steering adn big torque motor!
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
stratcat Wrote:that's because your maxx is broke (AGAIN) and will only top out at about Rock Crawler speed Big Grin

Matt - I've been playing with the idea... we'll have to get together... my plan is 4WD, 4 wheel steering adn big torque motor!
Lathe motors? Are you going to use them
Rcnerdy Wrote:Lathe motors? Are you going to use them

I have no clue at this point to be honest.. I know what's going on with crawling, but haven't figured out the details.. it'll probably be just a run of the mill motor..
"if guns cause crime, all of mine are defective" - Ted Nugent
stratcat Wrote:that's because your maxx is broke (AGAIN) and will only top out at about Rock Crawler speed Big Grin

hey the maxx is runnin better than ever....the buggy's broke again. damn battery connections! bad runaway this time..ripped the muffler clean off and half the front end too Sad
looking for those springs that hold muffler to manifold. and whatever manifold rubber/gasket
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
YEE HAW!:banana:
GIT-R-DONE racin team
bubbaracing Wrote:Mnster is into it bigtime but don't see him on here much?

I check in a lot here 2-3 times a day just never post much, nitro just isn't my thing. Don't know how I missed this thread.
1 clod
1 TLT
1 bruiser
Jim's truck and that new Rick truck project I am working on.

My shop is full of friends crawlers through.
Right now I have in the shop in addition to my own trucks.
1 twinforce
3 TLT's
2 Clods
1 maxx crawler

Crawlers stuff is addictive, and is far more competitive now then it has ever been. Honestly other R/c's just arn't that exciting to me as you can only drive in circles. With crawlers you can go places.

If you guys know of any good crawl areas I am willing to check them out sometime.
As far as motors go nothing beats Brushless power.
http://www.Holmeshobbies.com

I have one big brushless outrunner in this truck. The truck snaps axles and stub shafts like crazy. The motor is impossible to stall.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthrea...581&page=3
Finally! I knew this thread would catch ya sooner or later Mnster. That tuber is insane lookin man, very nice job on it! That tuber has twin force axles right? I got that Madforce that i'm gonna pull apart and start building something with the axles! I just need to know where to start, help please, what kinda tranny do you have in your tuber, driveshafts, and did you build the tube chassis, and what kinda tube did ya use? I started foolin around with some steel brake line and a bender last night at work, but i'm gonna need more brake line sooner than I thought! LMK any tips to help me get going on this would be great man! Bernie said he's gonna look into starting some crawlin at Leisure hours raceway, so i'll let ya know what's goin on when I find something more out! Later Mnster!

Matt
GIT-R-DONE racin team
Currently using twinforce axles a E-maxx transmission with revo driveshafts. The truck is made from 1/4 brake line I brazed together with a Oxy Mapp torch I picked for $35 up at menards. You can also use a standard torch head with mapp fuel if you would like. The biggest thing to making a tuber is you have to have a diagram of what you actually want the truck to look like. You can draw it out on paper mock it up with drinking straws or find it in a magazine. After that it's just a matter of cutting grinding bending and welding. I found a tiny blue bender at harbor freight that seems to work well for the sharp curves. Of course remember to keep everything mounted low in the chassis for the best center of gravity. I'd start with the center section first usually one big hoop. From there I work on the lower section as so I can later tune the roof to my liking cause the rig will be nearly complete so it's easy to see if the roof is to tall or what ever.

Magazine
[Image: IM000013-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1440r.jpg]