Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake clean + engine = ???
Can I pull the engine head, back plate, and clutch off my engine, and spray it out with brake clean?

Or what would you guys recommend?
Jammin' CRT, BCE j2pro, Nova p5x, Fioroni pipe
I was born under the hood of a 68 FastBack, Synthetic 10w-30 in my veins, 120 octane in my bottle, Nitrous Oxide for adrenalin and a Blower for a soother
dont spray it out unless u sucked dirt, all that oil in there is a good thing
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Ok.

Can I keep the carb, engine head, and backplate on, but take the clutch off and spray the engine exterior with brake clean to clean then engine in general?
I was born under the hood of a 68 FastBack, Synthetic 10w-30 in my veins, 120 octane in my bottle, Nitrous Oxide for adrenalin and a Blower for a soother
I do all the time...The people next to me in the pits LOVE me for it also. :eek:

MBX5T - O.S.
MBX5R - Novarossi
Nomadio
Yeah, I have used brake cleaner too. It does work, but I think nitro clean works better.
You're never to old to be immature
You can spray the internals with brake cleaner if you want, just make sure to repack the front and rear bearings with grease, as well as a thurough spray down with WD40 of the internals as you assemble it, this will provide start up lubrication till the oils in the fuel relube the engine.

Oh yeah, it'll smoke real bad for a little bit too as it works the WD40 out of the engine.
I started my engine on straight WD40 once....it was great...smell and smoke were horrific
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
you can buy the gallons of wd-40 and just put a little in the tank and use that as your After Run lol. I used to do it all the time
[Image: mich1iy1.jpg]
Michowski Wrote:you can buy the gallons of wd-40 and just put a little in the tank and use that as your After Run lol. I used to do it all the time
:confused: :crazy: Confusedlap:
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
just use good fuel and you wont have to use after run oil.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
werks....

you dont need to spray out the internals you shouldnt ever have to, if ur set on it take the stuff out of the case and spray them individually keep the grease/oil in those bearings

If I take thhe back plate off, can I just bolt it back on, or does it need to be resealed??

What does one use to re-seal it?
You can use carb seal or some RMV sealant

I've heard that WD-40 is bad for O-rings
It is, DO NOT use Wd40 on the O-rings. And you should never pack any grease in the bearings, the fuel is the lubricant. If you really want to clean the motor internals, take it apart and clean it with nitro cleaner or alcohol. You can clean and scrub the case with simple green and a brush. You can rinse it off with water after you scrub it, but as soon as your done run some fuel and or afterun oil all over the inside. If the oring on the backplate is good, just put a few drops of oil on it and seal it up, you really dont need any sealer on it.
T-T-T Confusedalute:
what do you guys use to seal engines? i never even knew you had to but now i hear alo of people are doing it.
Racer's choice air seal.
FS-Sportwerks 1/8 Hauler
oxygen sensor safer gasket material
[Image: perm80022.jpg]
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
do they all work the same? i just want to know if theyre easy to pull of in cas ei have to send the engine in to get it fixed.
Well it's a sealant so obviously it's going to be like a glue to bond the 2 together and they're going to be stuck pretty good. I've tried to take the backplate off of a rocco-sealed engine and it was a b!tch.... That blue stuff is a super tight hold but probably works great. I use what UE Maxx posted up and works fine too.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
ok thanks ill probably get the racers choice stuff if i can find it in stock anywhere.lol.
I got it at LH a while back.
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
alright ill call them ween i get chance thax every1.
you dont really need sealer untill it leaks right?
motoxer4life Wrote:you dont really need sealer untill it leaks right?

Yes. The rubber orings in the carb, and on the block, and rear cover plate should prevent air leaks as long as you installed them with some lubricant to prevent tearing of the o-rings.

But as o-rings get old, they shrink and become brittle, losing their elasticity. Thats when an air leak will make itself known.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trx 3.3 engine problem help please? gregk20 1 2,731 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Traxxas_Junkee
  question about a vspec engine eraser 83 12,960 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Last Post: J-Dub
  Cold weather engine tune rcrunr1 5 2,540 01-25-2008, 06:15 PM
  cleaning engine internals AddictedtoNITRO 26 6,492 12-26-2007, 01:25 AM
  Comprehensive engine dyno results mikeh 14 17,290 10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics