Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB: S,ST,T-MAXX, SAVAGE, PIRATE/DOM. etc.
Hey there I am new to the boards so first off, HELLO EVERYONE!!!!! Now that thats out of the way, I am looking for a nitro (monster) truck. I would like to try and get something as close to RTR as possible. I am only working w/ around $200 so I am not looking for anything special!! If you got something LMK!
Again please keep in mind of the price I am working with, it is pretty much etched in stone (thats an exact quote from my wife!) but as with anything the cheaper the better, well at least on my end!!

just go ahead and leave me a PM or email me at: [email protected]
well.... With two hundred bucks you might wanna look more towards stadium trucks (rc 10gt, ect...) I think there alittle cheaper to come buy... Check out ebay you could score a t maxx or a savage for close too your goal... Just make sure your not buying someones beat to crap r/c... so ask questions and remember if it looks too good to be true, it probaly is....
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
i have a full t-maxxx skelton,TRX Pro .15(with almost new P/S), but no drive train. ill sell for cheep
Ofna 9.5.. RB Concepts WS7 II -For Sale
Ofna 9.5 Roller - For Sale
Savage...ALL ALUM, bran new Mach427 -For Sale
message me, im, or email if intersted open to just about all offers.
My Boss has a very nice Monster Gt with extras RTR for 325.00
WOW!! Thanks for the quick replies!! Yeah I know I am not exactly in the market for the best of the best but at the moment thats what I got! Thanks to good old Pres. Bush and this BOOMING economy!!!!! I had to sell my other trucks and the $200 is the wife is going to let me spend at the moment! Anyways again I appreciate the (quick) feedback, but I am sure (well hoping really!) I can find something outhere!!

As far as that MGT thats out of the budget as of now, and w/ that T-maxx what all do you have for it? I am not new to the hobby by any means so again even if I can find a fixer-upper at a decent price that would work!

thanks again guys!!
2.5 S-Maxx turned T-Maxx Complete RTR nearly new condition, around 1 gallon tru it, asking $250.00 Some of these guys saw it at Berwyn. Can e-mail you pics if your interested.

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
the maxx parts i got:
2.5 chassey
frunt and rear arms
frunt and rear bulks
shock towers
tie rods
shocks (may need rebuild)
nuckles
TRX pro .15 Motor
pro .15 arms
pro .15 chassey

maby some more parts id have to take a look at the bag-o-parts

im willing to sell for just about any price
Duratrax Maximum MT. New spur gear & new clutch bell. CVD's new in package. JR radio system. I trashed the spur & bell the first time I tried to run it. I bought it and a T-Maxx at the same time. Somehow the flywheel come loose & trashed the gears. The people I got them from could not run Nitro vehicles. Has less than 1/2 gallon on torq .16. I would check it over good before running. I never got to drive it. I would take the 200$ for it. You pay actual shipping charges. Can ship in original boxes. Truck box price like 229$ Radio at like 99$ CVD'S like 29$. I will post Pictures if your interested ...
Interested in a savage? I have a savage I can get rid of for $200, although it has no motor. It's used and will come with many extra parts.
OK, lets see here.....man you guys are fast!! UM....w/ the the Duratrax maxx. mt no thanks, appreciate the offer but not a huge duratrax fan, I had a overdrive I got for a b-day many, many moons ago and now that I look back at it I think it might have actually been meant as a punishment!!LOL

UM..w/ the T-maxx (the parts one) does it have any diffs.?

And the S-maxx what all have you done to it? Obvioulsy the 4wd, but FOC or anything in that area? And what all would it come with? Also if you get a chance I would like the pics., whenever you get the time!!
I going to be honest here (I've seen almost all these RC's that were mentioned, the actuall trucks, in person)

Obsessive's deal for $250 is going to get you running the cheapest and fastest, it's already ready to go. Nice truck for sure.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
no, i dont have any diffs.
I am not saying that it isnt a good deal on that one (s-maxx) or any others that I have looked at or been offered. I have been in the hobby for around 15 yrs now (I will be 30 next month!! :madSmile so I know a little about R/C. Due to finances I had to sell off my 94 sportser 883 along w/ my quad about 1 year ago soon after came the R/Cs!! I had 5 of them, I ended up letting my last one go about 2 months ago just before the season started! It was a pretty hooked up mammoth, and I only got $275 for it due to having to sell it asap. Anyways now that I pretty bored the he!! out of everyone I was simply trying to say I am aware that $250 is a GOOD deal I just would like to find something a little (not much!!) lower, if that means not getting it w/ engine, elecs. or something of that nature so be it!! Well again I really do appreciate all the offers that I have received in such a short time span and I am sure I will find something!!
Is it time to hold a ChiTown RC Swap Meet? I'm sure everyone has extra stuff they want to convert to cash or new stuff?
yeah I'm thinking a swap meet sounds cool. Maybe we can have a Berwyn swap meet and focus on the swap meet as opposed to bashing and BBQing. Not that we won't bash and BBQ, just really focus on the swap meet.

sikntired, I have a t-maxx roller missing only the engine/pipe/header and wheels/tires. Here are some of the hop-ups:
Ofna 9.5 1/8 scale shocks with UE dual rate springs
Hitec digital servos, 5475 on th/br, 5645 on steering
UE predator chassis braces
Futaba FM comp. radio, RX, crystals

hopups alone are over $300, you'll get everything for $200

Like I said, drop a motor/pipe, wheels/tires and you'll have a real nice maxx. It weights 8.1lbs RTR with gas and body on. Very light for a maxx.

Most of the guys on this board have seen it, I'm sure they can vouch that it's a nice maxx for $200.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
Tex, you got any pics. by chance?
[email protected]

So where abouts would this "excuse for me to get out for a WHILE and maybe secretly spend some of the old ladies money behind her back".....OOPS, I meant swap meet/BBQ/bashing spot be located at?!? I am guessing in the Chitown area maybe? I am just outside of Detroit (Dearbont Heights) so that might be a nice little weekend ride, that is if it is even on the weekend!!!
I can vouch for it and honestly say its in great shape for the price.
sikntired Wrote:And the S-maxx what all have you done to it? Obvioulsy the 4wd, but FOC or anything in that area? And what all would it come with? Also if you get a chance I would like the pics., whenever you get the time!!

It"s pretty much all stock, it is forward only, has different springs, stock AM electronics has just under 1 gallon through it, mostly on asphalt and grass (very clean)...I'll throw in an Hotbodies tuned pipe (exactly the same as RDLogics pipe) but thats about all I can do for an RTR . I'll try to post pics

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
Sorry, I have no pics. It's a standard maxx setup for racing. You won't be disapointed. If you are disapointed I'll gladly return your money. It's hard enough to sell it as it is! I want to keep it! Smile

$200 + $10 for priority ship. I can have it in Dearborn Hts. in 2 days.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
oh and yeah the swapmeet would be in the chicagoland area. Suburbs right ouside the city to be exact. Prolly as far as dearbourn HTS is from Detroit.
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Maxx for Sale goat585 1 3,560 12-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Last Post: goat585
  cleaning out onroad and offroad tires, inferno onroad car, savage parts grim digger 0 2,666 11-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Last Post: grim digger
  maxx .26 towman 0 2,573 02-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Last Post: towman
  FS: Savage Flux FLM $550 Hypnotiq 0 2,302 07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Hypnotiq
  Brushless E-Maxx for Slash or ??? TexMexSu 10 3,578 01-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Last Post: spazzzattak
  FS or Trade: Traxxas T-maxx Aluminum RPM .18 EZ START Krosenqu 0 2,775 07-26-2009, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Krosenqu
  Savage 25 for sale 1001hobbies 0 1,998 07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Last Post: 1001hobbies
  savage xl grim digger 1 1,603 07-07-2009, 07:11 PM
  savage 25 roller chassis $110 grim digger 1 1,606 06-24-2009, 09:12 PM
  savage xl roller grim digger 0 1,637 06-08-2009, 09:01 PM