Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some help
ok so im kind of new to this i just started racing rc cars last summer now spring is here, so my brother has a tmax but bought a revo so he has know use for it i was going to buy but since he said it needs sum stuff need to be fixed he bent alot of stuff on it. so he took it apart and its been like that for about 9months the ? is should i still buy it?:confused: :confused:
Find out what all needs to be replaced, see what he will sell it to you, and price out the repairs. From there, it will be easier to make a decision.
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
A revo is a good choice, most people are happy with them as monster trucks.

Like new guy said though, if its missing alot of parts then it may not be cost effective to put back together, or you may be discouraged at all of the parts you might have to buy. Best thing to do would be to get him to do a inventory with pictures.

If you have questions you can post them here on chitown and those more familiar with Revo's may be able to tell you what you are missing and what it might cost to put it backtogether before you buy it.
I think he's buyin the t-maxx if I read that right
LOVE AMERICA OR GET THE HELL OUT!
www.Suburbanchicagorockcrawlers.com
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
rc crawling headquarters and great customer support!
tell him that you are his brother and he should just give the thing to you
losi xxx-nt
schumacher Topcat
Team Associated RC10 C.E.
Losi JRX2 x2
AddictedtoNITRO Wrote:I think he's buyin the t-maxx if I read that right

yup it is the tmax
mikev Wrote:tell him that you are his brother and he should just give the thing to you

lol i think i will do that
ok i guess i need 50 bucks then hes going to buy the plate thing thats underneth it but its tie-ta-knee-um (sorry suck at spelling) and then like 150 to slap it together

plus think but not sure need to get new rims/tires don't match
that plate thing is a chassis. If it was bent make sure nothing else is. Hinge pins, steering assembly etc. I know what breaks I have broke mine more times than you can count.
35mph into a curb head on - yep
40mph into a tree head on - yep
15 feet in the air upside down onto a tree stump - yep
30-35 mph into a culvert head on - yep

needless to say I know how to fix them
If you have any q's pm me
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
lol
I would just get a 3.3 maxx chassis. They are really strong. Heard bad things about ti. or check out the predator chassis-- the best thing since sliced bread
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
yea I bash inferno lol and do it well haha
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
dont do it to the lsp.Smile lol
Tmaxx vs LSP = LSP owns.

I've seen a Nitro 4tec 3.3 go head on against a 1/8th scale buggy, that was worse. The 4tec just exploded, parts went EVERYWHERE. We found a wheel, and several pieces of the gas tank about 40 feet from the wreck.

When the 4tec hit the buggy the 4tec got stopped dead in its tracks. Didn't bend the chassis but everything else was gone.

I had a Tmaxx, it was terrible. 3ft jumps would crack front bulk heads. I don't regret selling that POS for $25.

Was much happier with my 1/8th scale buggies. Whack a tree, buggy wins.
haha yea I finally got mine so It dosn't break much anymore.rpm arms, ancnc bulks 3.3 chassis, alum skids, servo guard, chassis braces and a trashed ass roll cage. now it just rips screw off lol.
oh and I already had the lsp 15 feet in the air...lands quite gracefully lol
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
hey did u fix that rd logics chassis
tried but gotta drill new holes still. seems kinda flimsy though. not sure if it'll handle my abuse lol
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
i did a backflip with it and landed it and it glitched up and hit my neighbors jeep.
AddictedtoNITRO Wrote:that plate thing is a chassis. If it was bent make sure nothing else is. Hinge pins, steering assembly etc. I know what breaks I have broke mine more times than you can count.
35mph into a curb head on - yep
40mph into a tree head on - yep
15 feet in the air upside down onto a tree stump - yep
30-35 mph into a culvert head on - yep

needless to say I know how to fix them
If you have any q's pm me

alright so thats the chassis not really sure about these things know more about cars then rc cars

and nice going on crashing ur rc did it just go out of control cuz i rember the tamaxx went out of control one time hit a car at 30mph and then 1 time it did the same thing in a park i had to chase that thing down lol
Redwings Wrote:alright so thats the chassis not really sure about these things know more about cars then rc cars

and nice going on crashing ur rc did it just go out of control cuz i rember the tamaxx went out of control one time hit a car at 30mph and then 1 time it did the same thing in a park i had to chase that thing down lol
Failsafes are your friend!
Thirdgen89GTA Wrote:Failsafes are your friend!
yep for some reason my maxx hated my controller. I was just too stupid to get one......but I got one now lol
to think about it though I've seen more runaway maxxes by far then any other vehicle. anyone know why? maybe because a lot of new people get them and don't know about failsafes yet? idk
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
inferno st Wrote:i did a backflip with it and landed it and it glitched up and hit my neighbors jeep.
bet they loved that lol
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
the damn thing never moves. and they were not homeSmile
lol damn neighbor kids lol
www.Keyknivesonline.com
www.rcslot.com
yeah the last two days ive been running the buggy in front of my house and i have no grass left.
so my mother said i need to plant grass seed.lol