Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The oldest debate.....
Here's the oldest debate, is it a motor or an engine?

Some people say that it's a motor if it runs on electricity, but then you are always hearing about rocket motors, and those are solid or liquid fuels. Nitro burners are engines, right?

So, which is it? Are our nitro hobby venicles powered by engines, or motors?

ps: This is just for fun.....
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
Personal preference if you ask me. Sometimes I say motor, sometimes I say engine. To me, they both mean the same thing.
Yeah I'd agree...I use both and to me they both mean the same thing. I tend to use engine more often though.
if you dont like the news, go out and make some of your own... Big Grin
I normally say electric motor and nitro engine myself..
IT'S ALL THE SAME MAN ,IT'S ALL THE SAME,LOL
EITHER WAY THEY BREAK THE SAME

MOTOR
1. An engine, especially the internal-combustion engine of a vehicle or machine;
2. A device, eg in a domestic appliance, that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy, using the forces that act on a current-carrying conductor such as a coil1 (noun 3) in the presence of a magnetic field. Also called electric motor.

ENGINE
1. A machine that is used to convert some form of energy into mechanical energy that can be used to perform useful work.

Thesaurus: motor, generator, turbine, transformer, dynamo, apparatus, mechanism, contraption.
2. A railway locomotive.

Thesaurus: locomotive, motor, steam engine.
3. formal
A device or instrument.
Example: an engine of destruction
Lycon Racing Products
True MSD & Taylor Ignition Wires For 2 Stroke Gas Engines Zenoah & CY
Stainless Steel Screw Kits & Bulk Packs
For Info [email protected]
I use both words for nitro, but I say motor for electric
Mugen MBX5T
RBS5
RB2045
Futaba 3PM
Hitec 5955, 5965
I think most call nitro "engines" because thats there called that by the company selling them. Same goes for electric there marketed as motors.
I believe that a motor powers a certain type of machine that performs work like a garage door opener or a treadmill where an engine powers vehicles, when ford first made the model T the called it an engine. However I alway say Motor
motor: electric
engine: internal combustion
why is detroit called the motor city then?????
same difference
GOOD question!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate: Is MT class dying, or is it just waiting for winter/indoors? DAVEC-NITRO-RS4 77 8,117 11-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Debate: Best start-up car/truck for first timers. Casketman 50 5,704 11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty