Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Squid RC Prize Contest - Suggestions?
Hey All!
Miss me? Yea, I'm still alive.. busier then ever sadly. I was not sure if I should post this here, or in the off-topic area, so sorry if it's in the wrong spot.. feel free to move it.

Anywhoo, I'm looking for suggestions for how many prizes to give away in the upcoming monthly drawings. Since I know probably 1/2 of the people that entered hang out here, I thought I'd mention it here. Smile

I posted this all on my news page, but post wherever you like. Basically, we got a good amount of support this year for the contest, and it looks like I will probably have enough prizes to give 2-3 away each month! I'm wondering if I should have 1 winner get 2-3 prizes, or if I should have 2-3 winners get 1 prize.

The prizes will be divided up, so there will be 1 'larger' prize, 1 'medium' prize, and 1 small prize per month. Don't want anyone hogging all the good stuff! Wink

So, post here, post on my site, (I started a thread) or just throw tomatoes. (please dont) And let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for your support!
Brian
http://www.BigSquidRC.com
For Bashers, By Bashers!
I think having a 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd place prize would go over good...
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."
What is needed to enter again?? Just cool shots of RC's in action with bigsquid stickers?? (I need some then. Haha)
^^^ yep ^^^ and good idea newguy
The worst dirtbiker is always one step ahead of even the best quad rider....

Tex Wrote:WTF, racing ranger 2?????? and racing ranger 1???? #2 needs his ass kicked for taking someone elses name.
Yea, I just need a decent pic with the sticker on the vehicle. The stickers are cheap in the store, or if you see me out and about (track, bash, whatever) I can get ya one. The earlier/sooner you enter, the more chances you have to win.

Here are some pics from last years enteries.

There is also a 'contest' link for more rules/info.
Brian
For Bashers, By Bashers!
How about a contest for the fugliest R/C?
You're never to old to be immature
mikeh Wrote:How about a contest for the fugliest R/C?

Not fair Ponch would win.
Brian, keep it easy on yourself, one winner per month. Less shipping hassles.
got paint?
Colors by Dave - CBD
1-29-07 ... you know.
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:Not fair Ponch would win.

Coming from swiss cheese windows over he-uh.

Getting a new body in the mail any day any way.:p:
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Hehe.. it's not a beauty contest. It's a random drawing, from whoever has entered... though giving away a new body to the fugliest car at the end of the year isn't a bad idea! Wink

Dave: I tend to agree, shipping 1 a month was even a big rough... but as long as I'm at the post office.... I just need to hope the overseas winners are low, last time it was costing me more to ship the prizes then the cost of the prize!

Brian
For Bashers, By Bashers!
Brian_BigSquidRC Wrote:Hehe.. it's not a beauty contest. It's a random drawing, from whoever has entered... though giving away a new body to the fugliest car at the end of the year isn't a bad idea! Wink

Dave: I tend to agree, shipping 1 a month was even a big rough... but as long as I'm at the post office.... I just need to hope the overseas winners are low, last time it was costing me more to ship the prizes then the cost of the prize!

Brian

Charge them the difference from regular shipping then, they'll understand!

If we submitted a picture last year, do we need to re-submit it for this year or are we still entered?
Tekno EB48.4 HobbyWing XR8 Sanwa M12
Maybe I'll modify the rules, so that all overseas people need to pay 1/2 of shipping. Idea

As for the pics, yes you need to re-submit. Last years pics, are for last years contest. Looking for all new ones this year! Also, please dont send in the same picture as last year. Different is good. I think it's safe to assume most of us have a new body (if not 2-3 new cars) already to take pics of! Wink

Brian
For Bashers, By Bashers!
lotta raffles on this site
If at first you dont succeed, suck another seed!:crazy:

I talk to Jesus, he cuts my grass!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On road suggestions willitbme15 11 3,778 08-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Last Post: willitbme15
  Final Big Squid RC Prize List! Brian_BigSquidRC 0 856 04-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Brian_BigSquidRC