Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch Questions
I was looking at going to 4 shoe clutch. M2C or UE?? Any major difference? Can I use the Clutch Bells that I already have (What CB should I be running indoor on the Werks Motor??) And what size bearings do they take?

Thanks guys. I want to make sure I have everything dialed so that the most I will need to do when I get home is break in the motor before racing.Smile
Also.... for either company what shoes and springs should I be running??
i am gonna talk to M2C today and see what would work best for buggy/truggy/indoor/outdoor....and see what he says works best where, and i will let ya know.

GS RACING, TQ FUEL, FASTLANE GRAPHIX, CZECH-IT-OUT
Cool man, Thanks.
Somebody on here has to be able to help me out on this.... How many tooth CB should I be running at least if you don't know about the shoes/springs and UE Vs. M2C.....
13T, dan just go to their web site and call the number and talk to mitch.....he will tell you everything you could ever wanna know about which shoes and springs to use and where to use them at.

Guess that will be tomorrow's task. :-)
go with hard shoes and .95's or 1.0's I talked to him yesterday and he said the UE was good but they put all the weight at the heal of the shoe where the pin is which in turn puts alot more stress in that area and the springs dont work right. So what he did is put the weight at the toe of the shoe etc etc I dont remember the rest of the stuff lol. u may have to go up to a 14th bell because the 4 shoe clutch will grab alot harder
Here is a link to my website-
http://www.czech-it-out-graphics.com
1/29/07 never forget....TTT Confusedalute:
Bringing old know-it-all blow hards back to reallity at a forum near you

"Always Imitated, Never Duplicated"
Should I go with a light hard shoe to help it engage a little softer or just go with the regular hard shoe?
a light shoe will engage harder. The lighter the shoe the longer it takes to engage, inertia dan!

Shut up, I was testing you. so go with the regular hard? And what will the difference in springs be?
stiffer spring later engagment

If you were in my shoes what would you get? C'mon you should know these Werks motors. 4 shoe, regular hard shoes, what springs?
Is the M2C clutch really going to be twice as good as the UE?? (Because that's what it costs.) I may go with the UE just to save a few bucks after checking out the prices.... :-\
yea it will be, just get it u cheap ass u had the money for another truggy u didnt need lol

Man just run a mugen 3 shoe with alum. and 1.0 springs. Dont fix what aint broke!!!!!!!!
Dont mess wit my sig Line tune!
--Then follow the rules! haha!-- -Tune
Don't cheap out on the clutch!!

Obsessed F/X Custom Painted R/C Bodies
I agree with Rocco the Mugen 3 shoe is a great choice for the Werks engine, plus it's reliable. Also parts are available locally.

FYI, UE has 3 different types of clutch shoes with different weights. I run the UE 4 shoe with 3.0 aluminum shoes and the .9 springs on my RB28 in my Supermaxx and really like this combination.

On my V-Spec in my old GS Storm SUT CE which I ran all last season I used the Mugen aluminum 3 shoe. Same truck but with my EB Mod P5 I run the UE 4 shoe carbon shoes. Both have given me great results. These engines are now in my MBX5T.

Supermaxx Predator Lite Race Maxx
Supermaxx Thunder Big-Block Race Truck
GS Storm SUT CE Native Racing Truck
Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
FreeRideFrosty Wrote:If you were in my shoes what would you get? C'mon you should know these Werks motors. 4 shoe, regular hard shoes, what springs?

JUST CALL THE GUY...........he will answer all your questions......tell him what you drive, what kinda track and what you want....he will fix you up.

MaxxGS Wrote:I agree with Rocco the Mugen 3 shoe is a great choice for the Werks engine, plus it's reliable. Also parts are available locally.

FYI, UE has 3 different types of clutch shoes with different weights. I run the UE 4 shoe with 3.0 aluminum shoes and the .9 springs on my RB28 in my Supermaxx and really like this combination.

On my V-Spec in my old GS Storm SUT CE which I ran all last season I used the Mugen aluminum 3 shoe. Same truck but with my EB Mod P5 I run the UE 4 shoe carbon shoes. Both have given me great results. These engines are now in my MBX5T.

so you got the MBX5T? i hope to be running in this class also this summer.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies
Yes got the MBX5T in October but finished our club races with the GS since I had the GS dialed for our tracks. It was time to upgrade from the GS.

Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
^^^ where do you race at?

Kanaikid and I are members of the Dirt Dawgs RC club which is located in Elburn IL. The club is small approx 35 members and 4 years old but very competative. We have our own track which is privately owned by a club memeber.

Lately me and another guy have been racing at Newberrys in western IL. We will be down at Leisure Hours within the next couple of weeks. From reading on here it sounds like Leisure has been a hack fest and I'm not interested in racing like that.

Mugen MBX5T
Mugen MBX5R
cool, it has gotten a little rough at times.....but there is 12 truggys that are sharing 10' lanes....i little rough...and a little bit just blown outta proportion, all in all it is always a good time at LH.

i agree. when you have that many vehicles trying to get to the same spot you are going to have problems. i like that they have gone to the stop and go. seems to be quite fair too. always a good time at leisure hours. just wish it was a little closer.
XRAY XB8 moved by [COLOR="DarkOrange"]RB[/COLOR]

:joy:

B Main Hobbies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rapdily Wearing clutch shoes J-Dub 11 3,192 05-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Czech-it-Out Graphics
  Setting up a clutch for 1/8th buggy Toughtrax 6 1,865 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
  May need to borrow a clutch..... FreeRideFrosty 47 5,732 03-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Last Post: FreeRideFrosty
  Some 1/18 Brushless Questions UE-Maxx 51 7,358 02-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Last Post: AddictedtoNITRO
  1/10th GT Tire Questions goat585 13 3,390 02-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Tex
  Peak Racing 6-shoe Clutch?? FreeRideFrosty 4 1,305 02-19-2007, 03:11 AM
  O.S. VG 30 and fuel questions mfanke19 10 1,869 01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Ponch
  Track experience and couple questions.... moliver 7 1,671 12-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Mr. Tune
  Questions for Electric Offroad Racers goat585 13 2,037 12-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Last Post: goat585
  Savage Questions Chicagojoe 10 2,910 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Last Post: SLOW REVO